BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Haha, I could have posted the same thing. Nice to put a face with the name finally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just dropped off an SBR lower at AT for NFA engraving. They just started offering the service and I'm going to be the first one to use it.

Oh, so that's you

Haha, I could have posted the same thing. Nice to put a face with the name finally.

So he's finally who Dave said he was?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a generally frightening concept

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you guys work on AK's at all?

I have an AK whose barrel I'd like cut, crowned, threaded, and then a FH pinned...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you guys work on AK's at all?

I have an AK whose barrel I'd like cut, crowned, threaded, and then a FH pinned...
View Quote

We don't have the equipment to do barrel work at the moment, but I'm sure we've got someone who can do it.  I just don't know who it is off the top of my head
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#5]
OK. The AK can wait for now. Bunch of stuff I have to get for it first...

In the meantime, I'll be bringing you a pair of AR barrels hopefully this week. Need to have the barrel nuts swapped. Unfortunately, I can't seem to drive the damned pins to remove the FSB one one of them, and the other one has a pinned FH, ao I'd need to bring it anyway. One will have to be cut and pinned, and the other one repinned. Depending on how long that takes, I'd love to hang around and watch.

PITA knowing how to do something yet seemingly not having the correct tools or experience to do the job oneself with any finesse.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK. The AK can wait for now. Bunch of stuff I have to get for it first...

In the meantime, I'll be bringing you a pair of AR barrels hopefully this week. Need to have the barrel nuts swapped. Unfortunately, I can't seem to drive the damned pins to remove the FSB one one of them, and the other one has a pinned FH, ao I'd need to bring it anyway. One will have to be cut and pinned, and the other one repinned. Depending on how long that takes, I'd love to hang around and watch.

PITA knowing how to do something yet seemingly not having the correct tools or experience to do the job oneself with any finesse.
View Quote

That we can definitely do
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
What's Atomic Tactical's word on the new CZ Scorpion, are you planning on getting some or taking orders? I'm looking forward to that release.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's Atomic Tactical's word on the new CZ Scorpion, are you planning on getting some or taking orders? I'm looking forward to that release.
View Quote

I can definitely check it out when I get there tomorrow, cuz I want a Scorpion and a Bren
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can definitely check it out when I get there tomorrow, cuz I want a Scorpion and a Bren
View Quote

Definitely on the 805 Bren but I'm not sure if I can swing the money for that just yet, especially if it's coming in as a "pistol" (and thus 9+ months away from being fun to shoot) and not a full rifle.

I really need to get a trust going.. These paper Form 1 waits are killing me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

E-File then
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely on the 805 Bren but I'm not sure if I can swing the money for that just yet, especially if it's coming in as a "pistol" (and thus 9+ months away from being fun to shoot) and not a full rifle.

I really need to get a trust going.. These paper Form 1 waits are killing me.

E-File then

Yep. E-file is a little over 30 days at this point.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
  E-File then
View All Quotes
Quoted:
  E-File then

Yeah... that's what this part was referring to.

Quoted:
I really need to get a trust going.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like we're getting two in on the first batch of imports, but they're already spoken for

We should be able to increase our pre-order, just need a deposit on the order.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be in need of a barrel trim, re-thread and a little contouring for my Mk12ish build.  Using a Ops Inc. 12th brake and collar...  Might you guys have an in house lathe guru?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be in need of a barrel trim, re-thread and a little contouring for my Mk12ish build.  Using a Ops Inc. 12th brake and collar...  Might you guys have an in house lathe guru?
View Quote

Yes... however we don't have a lathe yet
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sounds like we're getting two in on the first batch of imports, but they're already spoken for

View Quote

If that's an offer, you've got a deal. Tell me what I need to do. :D
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're closed til Monday, but we can figure something out early next week.  Upped the pre-order to four this afternoon, so there's an extra.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We're closed til Monday, but we can figure something out early next week.  Upped the pre-order to four this afternoon, so there's an extra.
View Quote

Rad.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do!  Or at least I have access to one.  But I don't dare to possibly cobb up a expensive barrel.  You think Ahlman's could handle the job?  Or who else?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do!  Or at least I have access to one.  But I don't dare to possibly cobb up a expensive barrel.  You think Ahlman's could handle the job?  Or who else?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure they can do it, and I'm sure you'll pay for it  Let me do some asking around when we open up again next week and see what I can find for you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm sure they can did it, and I'm sure you'll pay for it  Let me do some asking around when we open up again next week and see what I can find for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure they can did it, and I'm sure you'll pay for it  Let me do some asking around when we open up again next week and see what I can find for you.

Sounds good!  Not in a big rush.  The barrel is in route and I'm still waiting on shipping confirmation for the brake & collar.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:I'm sure they can do it, and I'm sure you'll pay for it  Let me do some asking around when we open up again next week and see what I can find for you.
View Quote

The barrel has arrived!  FINALLY!  Everything is pre-fit and ready to rock for final assembly!  BUT... the barrel work.  I may just do a simple cut, crown and thread.  then have Atomic work it's magic and turn this gray barrel black to match the rest of the rifle...  Did you find out anything about where/who could possibly do this barrel work?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The barrel has arrived!  FINALLY!  Everything is pre-fit and ready to rock for final assembly!  BUT... the barrel work.  I may just do a simple cut, crown and thread.  then have Atomic work it's magic and turn this gray barrel black to match the rest of the rifle...  Did you find out anything about where/who could possibly do this barrel work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I'm sure they can do it, and I'm sure you'll pay for it  Let me do some asking around when we open up again next week and see what I can find for you.

I've got emails out to a couple people to get some quotes
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just dropped off an SBR lower at AT for NFA engraving. They just started offering the service and I'm going to be the first one to use it.

Oh, so that's you

I also dropped off an mp5 for SBR engraving

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to be doing that soon, too. Where are you getting it engraved? I was thinking inside the stock channels on the side, or somewhere else that will be less noticeable.

Can you post a picture of the engrave work when you get it back?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm going to be doing that soon, too. Where are you getting it engraved? I was thinking inside the stock channels on the side, or somewhere else that will be less noticeable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

will do! I was thinking here

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top