Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 4:51:40 PM EDT
I was looking at a local gun shop's website and noticed they are selling billet lowers from this company.  There was not much info about them other than the price at $160.

Has anyone seen one of these?  Any reviews?

I have had no luck finding anything about them other than a small picture at the manufactures website.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've handled them at gun shows. As they are they feel unfinished. From a machinist's viewpoint they need to put more work into finishing them, specifically rounding some sharp edges. I would love to support a local company, but the price is too high for what you get imo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I do have one from them. I believe they have changed them a few times while trying to perfect from latter ones. I bought one couple months ago far less than that and from what i can see I have no complaints. maybe try calling them because if you or a couple friends by three or more I think he discounts them to a much better price
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Lee Swanson is the owner of Island Tool. He started out machining 80% lowers and shipping them to distributors. He just recently got his FFL and started selling these billet lowers. I've been trying to get him to at least offer a matched upper and lower, I believe that is in the works.

Island is a small company with few (5-8?) employees. In my dealings with Lee he has been a stand up guy. I have not seen any of his finished products, only prototypes in the white, but from a business standpoint, I have no reservations in dealing with him or his company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top