Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 3:20:02 PM EDT
How far are people willing to drive if it is not at Ahlman's  for 2015?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
0 miles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently, Remington no longer has any interest in sponsoring an event of this type so the days of a big corporate sponsor footing the bill for a "zombie" shoot are over for the foreseeable future.   A change of venue may be inevitable at this point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
After hearing some of the reviews of the last one I wouldnt be in a hurry to go to any future ones unless they improve it a lot
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The first zombie outbreak was fun, too bad its gone downhill since then. If 7 is managed by the same guys from last year, expect zero miles/fucks to be given.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Outbreak Omega will not be back at Ahlmans. That I can assure everyone. And while I can't say much because things haven't been set in stone, something....cough cough........may be in the works for a similar shoot there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
What ever happened to S&R Resource Group and their SHTF shoot?  What was the 2013 shoot like?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outbreak Omega will not be back at Ahlmans. That I can assure everyone. And while I can't say much because things haven't been set in stone, something....cough cough........may be in the works for a similar shoot there.
View Quote

I'm listening..........
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm listening..........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm listening..........

Rumor is that Ahlman's is just going to run their own event for June 2015.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm listening..........

pretty much. Like I said, I can't say much at this point because it's still in the planning stages. I will say, they put on a heck of a weekend with Shooters Roundup, where they can get in upwards of 7,000 people over the weekend, so a shoot similar to OO should be a piece of cake. I know they want to get away from the Zombie theme, and maybe make it more survivalist themed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

pretty much. Like I said, I can't say much at this point because it's still in the planning stages. I will say, they put on a heck of a weekend with Shooters Roundup, where they can get in upwards of 7,000 people over the weekend, so a shoot similar to OO should be a piece of cake. I know they want to get away from the Zombie theme, and maybe make it more survivalist themed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm listening..........

the zombie thing has always seemed kinda stupid to me so that just makes it sound better
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Agreed.Don't get me wrong, I still like "The Walking Dead" but it's been beat to death!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The first zombie outbreak was fun, too bad its gone downhill since then. If 7 is managed by the same guys from last year, expect zero miles/fucks to be given.
View Quote
This.

I attended 2-6. Was only disappointed ONCE. This past year.

It wasn't the prizes, it wasn't the folks who attended...

It was the almost complete lack of "zombiness". I didn't go there to shoot plain steel plates. I went to shoot fucking ZOMBIES. When you just rehash, badly, the last years props.... You can't bloody well claim to be "new and improved". Period.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Agreed.Don't get me wrong, I still like "The Walking Dead" but it's been beat to death!
View Quote

And yet the last two Episodes of the Walking Dead blew cable TV viewership records out of the water.

Then there's also the possible Zombieland 2 movie... http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Zombieland-2-Actually-Happening-Here-Latest-67465.html

This years Zombie Pub crawl in MN set records...

So, "beat to death"? Not quite...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And yet the last two Episodes of the Walking Dead blew cable TV viewership records out of the water.

Then there's also the possible Zombieland 2 movie... http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Zombieland-2-Actually-Happening-Here-Latest-67465.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still going strong in general, but I think it's pretty much played out in the firearms community.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's still going strong in general, but I think it's pretty much played out in the firearms community.
View Quote

We might be reaching a maximum saturation point, but I don't think it's "played out" quite yet.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We might be reaching a maximum saturation point, but I don't think it's "played out" quite yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For your sake, I hope you're right.  After all, calling yourself "Reverend Dead Corpse" starts to seem a little silly after the zombie apocalypse is all over...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps not entirely in the community but it certainly seems that way in the industry.  The feedback I have heard is that major players/manufacturers are sick of it.  It appears obvious that the days of hydro dipped factory weapons has come and gone.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

For your sake, I hope you're right.  After all, calling yourself "Reverend Dead Corpse" starts to seem a little silly after the zombie apocalypse is all over...
View Quote

Trivia bit: Was originally supposed to be "Death's Corpse". In 1990, none of the BBS systems I was logging in to allowed space or punctuation. Dead Corpse was born from that...

Nothing to do with zombies...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Perhaps not entirely in the community but it certainly seems that way in the industry.  The feedback I have heard is that major players/manufacturers are sick of it.  It appears obvious that the days of hydro dipped factory weapons has come and gone.
View Quote

Horse in front of the cart. If there is demand, you'd be an idiot to not cater to it...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I am still a "Zombie" fan, but I'll agree that it's getting old in the shooting community. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the idea.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't slamming The Walking dead, I'm actually a die hard fan. I think you misunderstood.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Horse in front of the cart. If there is demand, you'd be an idiot to not cater to it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the thing...  The demand has not been there.  Many of the "Zombie"  hydrographic weapons sat on the shelves while the conventional camouflage weapons continue to sell.  I have seen them recently marked down 25% and still not sell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Firearms in general are down...and with the flooded AR15 market. I can see why.. you can buy a complete rifle for les than a upper from a few months ago
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Firearms in general are down...and with the flooded AR15 market. I can see why.. you can buy a complete rifle for les than a upper from a few months ago
View Quote

Very true!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I wasn't slamming The Walking dead, I'm actually a die hard fan. I think you misunderstood.
View Quote

I didn't think you were slamming them. I was just using them as data to help confirm my assertion.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That is the thing...  The demand has not been there.  Many of the "Zombie"  hydrographic weapons sat on the shelves while the conventional camouflage weapons continue to sell.  I have seen them recently marked down 25% and still not sell.
View Quote

So, you "zombify" something and give it an extensive mark-up... And wonder why it doesn't sell? Even when you start marking it back down again?

Ok...

You do realize that the economy has been kinda shitty the last couple years, right? That most of the "panic buys" are over for now?

I think folks not buying "zombie themed" gear is less of an interest indicator than how many people showed up this past event despite the inflated price tag.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#28]
It's as simple as any event needs a theme. Weather the theme is zombies or post apocalyptic or survival preparedness if the theme didn't get the people's attention there not going to come... zombies sound fun. Shtf sounds fun you don't want to intimidate the average Joe with high end tactical training.  Our put them in a competitive event But meet them somewhere in between.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top