Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2014 10:14:40 PM EDT
Hello all, I will be visiting from Wi this weekend for a wedding in Red Wing and I will have a bit of time to check things out. Is there any must see things in the area? Also any great places to eat? Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have time, jump across the river and drive down south through Maiden Rock and eventually Winona.  Beautiful drive in the fall (in my mind at least).  The bakery (if it is still open this late in the year) in Maiden Rock has some amazing pies.  Further down south (I think it is Pepin, don't remember my cities past Maiden Rock) has the Harborview, which has great food.

The other way out of Red Wing (on the main road) will eventually lead you up to Hammond, which has King's Place, which in my opinion, has the best hamburgers in the state.  They have like 30 different hamburgers on the list.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have time, jump across the river and drive down south through Maiden Rock and eventually Winona.  Beautiful drive in the fall (in my mind at least).  The bakery (if it is still open this late in the year) in Maiden Rock has some amazing pies.  Further down south (I think it is Pepin, don't remember my cities past Maiden Rock) has the Harborview, which has great food.

The other way out of Red Wing (on the main road) will eventually lead you up to Hammond, which has King's Place, which in my opinion, has the best hamburgers in the state.  They have like 30 different hamburgers on the list.
View Quote

-Kings is a must, great hamburgers and its super cheap.  I'd do the Dugout.  (and its actually in Miesville)
-Red Wing Brewery is decent, try their Buffalo Chicken Pizza and Barn Bluff Red beer.
-Hanisch Bakery in Red Wing, try the Maple Bacon Glazed Donut.
-St James does a good breakfast Buffet I've heard
-Barn Bluff - fun hike with a good view (not for the unprepared, actually a pretty serious hike and several people have fallen off and some have died in the last several years.)
-Red Wing Shoe Store and Museum.  Has a two story Red Wing Shoe inside.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

-Kings is a must, great hamburgers and its super cheap.  I'd do the Dugout.  (and its actually in Miesville)
-Red Wing Brewery is decent, try their Buffalo Chicken Pizza and Barn Bluff Red beer.
-Barn Bluff - fun hike with a good view (not for the unprepared, actually a pretty serious hike and several people have fallen off and some have died in the last several years.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops.  Can't believe I got the town wrong on King's place.  And the dugout is a must.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
2nd kings on the way (go ther about once a week)
I get the Checkmate burger...fantastic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top