Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 4:20:29 PM EDT
Also, does anyone know his stance on gun rights?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Has to be better than Franken
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on how many boxes of ballots turn up in the back seat of DFL supporters cars.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
He's way behind in the polls.  It doesn't look good for him.  He's in favor of background checks for ALL firearm transfers including between private parties, relatives, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#4]
The GOP royally fucked themselves with him. He's a weak POS on the 2nd
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The GOP royally fucked themselves
View Quote

I like brevity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Based on his questionnaire they got back from him.  He must have changed his position.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in a strong republican district and have yet to see a McFadden yard sign. Also most of the people I talk to have no idea who he is. Looks like another Kurt Bills to me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]
After the total melt down in the MNGOP and draining the coffers during the recounts, it's no wonder a serious candidate for Senate or governor have not emerged.

Jeff Johnson is too nice and is unelectable state wide.

The gop does such an awesome job tearing itself apart during primaries it's no wonder they hold no state wide offices.

The demoKKKrats put the smack down early and anoint their candidates from the far left or Uber rich.

Coleman and Thaw would never make it past the primaries in the party these days because of purity tests we set forth.

Absolutism has replaced winning.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I live in a strong republican district and have yet to see a McFadden yard sign. Also most of the people I talk to have no idea who he is. Looks like another Kurt Bills to me.
View Quote

I've seen quite a few Franken signs already.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
After the total melt down in the MNGOP and draining the coffers during the recounts, it's no wonder a serious candidate for Senate or governor have not emerged.

Jeff Johnson is too nice and is unelectable state wide.

The gop does such an awesome job tearing itself apart during primaries it's no wonder they hold no state wide offices.

The demoKKKrats put the smack down early and anoint their candidates from the far left or Uber rich.

Coleman and Thaw would never make it past the primaries in the party these days because of purity tests we set forth.

Absolutism has replaced winning.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I'm just not seeing that at the caucuses and at the district convention levels. Delegates had a pretty broad spectrum of opinion.

That said:

The party faithful Rockefeller-type MNGOP leadership are still reeling from the Ron Paul contingent of delegates who worked the system properly from 2008 to 2012 and upset their little apple cart.

I didn't like the upstart arrogance of the Ron Paul contingent, but I admired their organization and team work, the usual suspects in the MNGOP leadership leave me unimpressed with their response. Instead of welcoming new blood and ideas they executed a circular firing squad, destroying any chance at being a cohesive group and alienating the younger Gen X (who vividly remember Ronald Reagan), the Gen Y and Millennial folks.

If we want something different we need to participate in the process...but that takes work...ain't nobody on the right got time for that, we have jobs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#12]
McFadden came into my office one day with the guy who owns the company I work for to do some hand shaking and all that, he was dodgy about 2a questions so even if he has made an official stance that's pro 2a it's not because he believes it just because he thinks it's the right answer. Don't get me wrong he's still better then the alternative, but he's no Tony Cornish that's for sure.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

McFadden came into my office one day with the guy who owns the company I work for to do some hand shaking and all that, he was dodgy about 2a questions so even if he has made an official stance that's pro 2a it's not because he believes it just because he thinks it's the right answer. Don't get me wrong he's still better then the alternative, but he's no Tony Cornish that's for sure.
View Quote

It's too bad Cornish isn't running for governor.  I'd support him in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#14]
minor updates

McFadden is only 3pt down from Franken with Likely voters (*leaners) according to some radio broadcasts

McFadden was on AM1280 and gave some actually good info on 2A.

I can tollerate someone who is closer to our end of the field than Franken on 2A. McFadden did say he won't go anywhere near anti-2A or "registration" bills until we first get meaningful safety education ( and not "run in fear" as he calls it).

Nobody is harmed by having more safety awareness nor does it cause a negative impact on 2A.

But, the "devil is in the details" whether something like that comes to the floor.
- no goofy/mandatory 800hr training to get a permit for a BB gun
- no 800% tax on ammo

...etc.

As far as being coy when approached by someone he doesn't know about 2A, I'm not all that worried as he doesn't know what/who you really are of if you have a loaded question for follow up.

Family member of mine has had David Hahn over to his house many times for campaign work and he still gives me "the look" whenever I bring up anything 2A related. He just gets "shell shocked" by the left trying to ambush him that he needs time to lower his guard enough to get an honest answer.

Its the world we live in. I don't like that they can't give me a direct answer on absolutely everything. But, actions speak much louder than words.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope that you're right NM1 but RCP shows a much larger spread here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just saw some news that the polling for them being closer is likely an ab-oration.

We prefer circular firing squads to defeating communists in this state.

Well, thankfully the senate will flip and smalley can remain small.

Lets hope the MN House flips back to (R)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top