Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 6:36:49 PM EDT
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/what-is-al-franken-so-afraid-of/379290/

For any of you that have watched any TV in the past 2 months, you have undoubtedly noticed Al dumping tons of money into advertising, yet he won't talk to the press. What's his angle?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably because he doesn't want to answer questions that would sink his re-election chances. His opponents latest ad states franken cast the deciding vote on obamacare. Anyone know if this is true? Wasn't planning on voting for this turd but if he did cast the deciding vote, he is toast. Listening to folks talk about the increase in cost on there health plans for obamacare, don't think any elected official who pushed this garbage will be re-elected.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably because he doesn't want to answer questions that would sink his re-election chances. His opponents latest ad states franken cast the deciding vote on obamacare. Anyone know if this is true? Wasn't planning on voting for this turd but if he did cast the deciding vote, he is toast. Listening to folks talk about the increase in cost on there health plans for obamacare, don't think any elected official who pushed this garbage will be re-elected.
View Quote

Yes, that is true. That's why the DNC had a huge contingent of lawyers and political operatives during the recounts because Franken gave the Dems the super majority they needed to bypass the repubs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

where in the heck were you? It was in the news for weeks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
maybe he should go back to baggage handler (Trading Places)

lol....
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
AF is a HORRIBLE speaker unless he has a scripted reply.

He is scared of McFadden, since news has come out about how McFadden would call for auditing all the pretty pet projects that fund the demoKKKrats.

McFadden also has some money behind him. (not as much as AF has coming in from out of state)

RCP average has AF up, but, other internal polling shows it a 6pt race. AF is now under 50%.

Does McFadden have a shot at it? Yeah, he is where AF was this time 6yrs ago.

But, its going to come down to money and how it gets spent, ever bit as much as GOTV by McFadden and the MNGOP.

Will Libertarians sink McFadden like they did Norm? Who knows.. Norm only needed a few hundred votes to have kept Obamacare locked away.
Norm wasn't perfect, but, what we got is much worse. Getting really tired of people cutting off their nose to spite their face in this state.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

AF is a HORRIBLE speaker unless he has a scripted reply.

He is scared of McFadden, since news has come out about how McFadden would call for auditing all the pretty pet projects that fund the demoKKKrats.

McFadden also has some money behind him. (not as much as AF has coming in from out of state)

RCP average has AF up, but, other internal polling shows it a 6pt race. AF is now under 50%.

Does McFadden have a shot at it? Yeah, he is where AF was this time 6yrs ago.

But, its going to come down to money and how it gets spent, ever bit as much as GOTV by McFadden and the MNGOP.

Will Libertarians sink McFadden like they did Norm? Who knows.. Norm only needed a few hundred votes to have kept Obamacare locked away.

Norm wasn't perfect, but, what we got is much worse. Getting really tired of people cutting off their nose to spite their face in this state.
View Quote
This is why I have such a HARD time voting libertarian party. Would LOVE to, but I feel I may as well vote for the dems. Urg, so hard.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
no need to debate when you are going to steal this election too
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm Al Franken and I approve this message
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

democrats count the votes
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]
If its not close, they can't cheat...

Polling with leaners and likely voters (vs registered) shows the race is closing VERY quickly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]
He's afraid he might have this job forever, which he will.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hugh Hewett book?

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Unless the title is intended to be ironic, the subject isn't any less laughable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unless the title is intended to be ironic, the subject isn't any less laughable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go on.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Go on.
View Quote

I don't doubt the ability or will of the left to scam elections regardless of margin?  I'm not sure where the confusion is here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I lost trust of our election system a long time ago. I knew when they pushed for licenses for illegals that an ID needed to vote, which the illegals have. Democrats basically bribe illegals and the poor by voting legislation in to hand it out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hugh Hewett book?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512G17JJZFL.jpg

HH did not originate the quote, but, he pontificates upon it regularly with his show.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Norm was held accountable for bailing out wall street as he should have. Stop trying to convince others to vote for the lesser of two evils!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Norm was held accountable for bailing out wall street as he should have. Stop trying to convince others to vote for the lesser of two evils!
View Quote

I'd rather get shot by a BB gun than a 50 cal.

That said, did anyone see the new anti-gun TV ad for Frankin? I hope they play the hell out of that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you stuck us with Franken in the process of making your moral stand.  Thanks for that, by the way.  I'm sure he wouldn't have supported the bailouts if he'd been in office, right?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Norm lost in an election year when (R) was a dirty letter on the ballot. AmyK voted to bail out the banks and she won in a landslide.
Norm also lost cause 1000+ felons voted for Franken. Norm lost the recount as he tried to be "nice" and brought butterflies to a gun fight.

As far as a "lesser of two evils", fine... provide a better candidate who has funding/name/political network to rely on/and is not a 9-11 troofer.

And pure-isolationists like Ron Paul have ZERO chance when they only present absolutism.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to thank you, and those like you, for Franken and Obamacare.

Keep voting for SpongeBob while Dems focus on winning.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I couldn't agree more.

Absolutists in the Libertarian party helped get Franken elected.

McFadden is far more to the right and much more of a libertarian than Coleman was, but, you'll see all the usual excuses for why they can't fill the bubble for him.

Its almost as if they prefer to remain a minority/fringe element...

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Error,  see next post.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

So  . . .  you think we should vote for the Greater of two evils?

I think that our election process has transformed into choosing between the evil of two lessers!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you not have the courage to take the high road and vote on principal or does your vanity require you to be on a winning team at the cost of our nation?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you not have the courage to take the high road and vote on principal or does your vanity require you to be on a winning team at the cost of our nation?
View Quote

More along the lines of having the intelligence to acknowledge that I'm never going to be able to cast a vote for someone who absolutely represents my political beliefs, and that every vote against people like Dayton or Franken matters in this state.

But I suppose life under those two has been all sunshine and roses from up on your political high horse, right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#30]
As long as you keep voting for candidates who don't meet the standard, they will keep providing you with such. Your just as entrenched as the Dem's.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As long as you keep voting for candidates who don't meet the standard, they will keep providing you with such. Your just as entrenched as the Dem's.
View Quote

Is there really a choice ?

Look at when an independent runs.  People are like, well, I dont like the Repub that much, I really hate the Dem, so since neither are perfect I'll vote independent !! YAY !

Then the next day they wake up, and realize that the 5% of the people out there who voted for the independent, gave the Dem a few extra points he didnt have, and guess what, the guy they hate, the Dem, wins.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least some of the people I voted for are actually representing me in a political office
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:36:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Those who voted "independent" didn't give you anything. Those who voted "party" and came up short earned there representation.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Look at when an independent runs.  People are like, well, I dont like the Repub that much, I really hate the Dem, so since neither are perfect I'll vote independent !! YAY !

Then the next day they wake up, and realize that the 5% of the people out there who voted for the independent, gave the Dem a few extra points he didnt have, and guess what, the guy they hate, the Dem, wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am an atheist Libertarian who has never voted for a Democrat and have always voted Republican for exactly that reason.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I am an atheist Libertarian who has never voted for a Democrat and have always voted Republican for exactly that reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if.... the independents and you agree on 75% -80% of things in general and the rinos I only agree 40% or less?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top