Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 8:12:23 AM EDT
my father and I will be doing the New London New Brighton Antique car run.  anyone else going to this?

Link
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Me and a couple buddies did the Hot Rod power tour, not the whole trip but several hundred miles of it this spring.
Cannon Falls has a short run today and again tmrw nite.
Hastings is a great cruise-in, Aug 9th is the next, If the weather is good, there will be tons of cars.
So yeah, I love cruises, cruise-ins and car shows
Hope you and your dad have a blast!!

1979 Pontiac Trans Am
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me and a couple buddies did the Hot Rod power tour, not the whole trip but several hundred miles of it this spring.
Cannon Falls has a short run today and again tmrw nite.
Hastings is a great cruise-in, Aug 9th is the next, If the weather is good, there will be tons of cars.
So yeah, I love cruises, cruise-ins and car shows
Hope you and your dad have a blast!!

1979 Pontiac Trans Am
View Quote

that does sound awesome.  my father prefers the older cars... 1906 Ford Model N.  the pic is from about 4 years ago.  those two seaters are not for everyone and your butt is sore after 100+ miles.  definitely not the chick magnet a 79 Trans Am is.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
I love seeing anything on the road that makes the driver happy.
I've met some of the nicest people in the world at car shows. No matter what year people always have a story to tell about cars they loved and owned.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for the late update.... life was pretty busy when i got back.  anyways.... Thank you Minnesota!  it was a great tour, great towns and people!  my dad and i came in 4th, which means nothing.  its not a race, its a tour.  the tour had the oldest car in the USA there, a 1898 car, two Ford Model K's, a car and driver from England and lots of 2 cylinder and steam cars.  lots of history out there.

Fueling up the Ford Model N

Pretour:

Pretour:

Pretour:

First stop had a little rain:

Second stop:

Civil War Museum in Litchfield:

Engine in an old car, can't remember which one:

The only Ford Model K's in running condition in USA.  both worth about 250K each.

Someone rode this Indian 130 miles.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel like you have to get into some lunacy or whacky shenanigans on the way...
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like you have to get into some lunacy or whacky shenanigans on the way...
View Quote

its pretty tame.  most the of the drivers are older and those cars are too expensive and fragile to do anything crazy.

i have uploaded a video for your viewing delight...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top