Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sonuva...

Already working.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
it looks like I am taking this year off.  this is unbelievable.  mom is visiting that weekend from cali, no way I'll be able to shoot with you guys
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with DETC classes soon.  Until then, I would recommend anyone who has taken the carbine-1 or tac carbine class within the past two years to participate in this class.  It will take your skills to the next level.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd be excited if the DE level 1 precision rifle / carbine / handgun classes weren't a prereq. I likely won't be spending the extra money on those classes just to get in to this one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Nobody wants to have untrained participants behind them with a rifle. The prerequisites are for safety of all people as well as for the speed of the class. Having done it several times, it's frustrating when people don't have the basics down.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Great class as always!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I need more of this

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody wants to have untrained participants behind them with a rifle. The prerequisites are for safety of all people as well as for the speed of the class. Having done it several times, it's frustrating when people don't have the basics down.
View Quote

You assume I am "untrained" simply because I haven't been to a Sully level 1 class? I didn't know he was the only one qualified to train anybody. Sorry for the mistake.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You assume I am "untrained" simply because I haven't been to a Sully level 1 class? I didn't know he was the only one qualified to train anybody. Sorry for the mistake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you contact Defensive Edge and ask them if you're previous course(s) satisfied the prerequisites?  

I believe mcnielsen's point was not that you had taken a Sully class specifically but an equivalent to them.  I  agree in that I would prefer that a baseline for basic gun handling skills be a requirement before attending a tactics-based class.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Case in point, I used a "Sully" class as pre-requisite to attend a more advanced level EAG/Rogers class. I am sure Sully would reciprocate if you provided such training credentials.  No offense was intended on this post.  I don't "assume" anything about your training level or anyone else's and I stand behind my statement if you re-read it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Incidentally, I didn't meet the prerequisite for this class either even though I have had constant and consistent range practice over the past several years.  I would take a carbine level one class from any instructor any day.  The value of the basic classes cannot be understated.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top