Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2014 7:03:55 PM EDT
I sent one receiver off to Ident 9 weeks ago and it's still not back yet. I really don't want to wait that long on my next SBR. Do any of you know a firearm engraver local to Minneapolis or Saint Paul? I don't need any fancy designs done, just the required name and city/state.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Orion Arms is in Lino Lakes (I believe).  It's not a drop in shop (i.e. you still have to send them your lower) but I believe their wait times are substantially shorter than 8+ weeks.

They did my first SBR and I'll probably have them do my next one, also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of trophy shops and Mall kiosk that will do as you wait or grab a engraving pen and do it yourself if you have a steady hand
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plenty of trophy shops and Mall kiosk...
View Quote

Careful:
Q: Is a license needed to engage in the business of engraving, customizing, refinishing or repairing firearms?

Yes. A person conducting such activities as a business is considered to be a gunsmith within the definition of a dealer.

[27 CFR 478.11]
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/gunsmiths.html#license-activities

I know many like to say "so long as you're there while it's done."  If that were true, I would have been engraving for a while now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Orion. They had mine returned in 3 business days. Only pain is you have to ship it to them even if you live a mile away.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Orion Arms is in Lino Lakes (I believe).  It's not a drop in shop (i.e. you still have to send them your lower) but I believe their wait times are substantially shorter than 8+ weeks.

They did my first SBR and I'll probably have them do my next one, also.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Orion did one of mine a while back, good job.  I know he used to be willing to meet you someplace, not sure if he still does that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top