Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2014 1:27:44 PM EDT
Where can I find the best selection?? I'm in St. Cloud but I pass through the cities and south metro often.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Never been to Element but I hear good things

Atomic Tactical in Bloomington stocks lots of parts even small stuff individually, I was helping a friend of mine with his first build and he shot a detent across the room never to be seen again, he called them a few minutes before close to ask if they had one in stock, not only did they have it in stock Dave waited there 20 minutes after they closed to sell him a $1 detent. It was a real cool guy move on Dave's part as far as I'm concerned, a lot of people would have told him he was out of luck. Only down side is they don't stock ammo due to space.

Arzen Arms in Eden Prarie has enough stuff on hand to put together a full rifle but you may not have your pick of brands off the shelf, they will order in stuff if you request it, half a dozen different types of receivers, lpk's and most other stuff I've looked for when I've gone in, they also stock ammo and mags.

Bills has a few things but is generally pretty over priced and not much selection.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to element arms. You won't be disappointed. Very large selection of parts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Atomic is by far the best for AR parts in town
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Element Arms

Good people.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atomic is by far the best for AR parts in town

Well, thanks

I second both Atomic and Element Arms.

I've been starting to go to Atomic lately since I live closer to them now, they have really good pricing.  Guys there seem really cool, seems like the type of place that is open so a bunch of guys can go to work everyday and have fun and still get a little pay for it on top.  They have a lot of nice guns on display as well for you to get an idea of what you like/want.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#8]
unfortunately Element is quite a drive, Atomic is 20 minutes
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Element Arms is a great place to buy AR15s and parts. Staff is friendly and very knowledgeable as well.

There is also Atomic Tactical in Bloomington, Mn. Their storefront is small, but they do have some very nice things there. Friendly, knowledgeable staff there too. Plus, according to this thread, they have a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
unfortunately Element is quite a drive, Atomic is 20 minutes
View Quote

OP is in St Cloud though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you guys! Come on in we will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I said it in the other thread but Atomic has taken care of me in the past...Nice guys with all the parts you may need and a lot you don't!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Atomic Tactical or Element Arms. Can't go wrong with either place.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Element.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to follow up that I ended up checking out Atomic and having a lower shipped to them. I needed some other parts as well when I stopped in and they were very helpful and friendly. Great place! I'll have to check out element as well since it's closer to St. Cloud.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Where can I find the best selection?? I'm in St. Cloud but I pass through the cities and south metro often.
View Quote

I'm a bit partial considering..........

I like both stores and both have great customer service.

Atomic is nice and focused on AR's and parts and about the size of my bedroom... Element has more AR15 specific parts in one single 2'x2' square space than Atomic has in their entire store. Not to mention all the other awesome non ar15 stuff... pistols, ammo, gear, etc.... and actual firearms that are available for sale. (Element has more factory ar15 rifles in stock than whatever parts Atomic has in stock plus parts, accessories, other tactical cool guy guns and parts and whatnot.....)

You asked who has the best selection.. Anybody who would tell you anything other than Element Arms would be a liar, .
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I've checked out both shops now. Both places are really impressive: knowledgeable, friendly, helpful gun enthusiasts. Keep it up guys. On a side-note. Does anyone know a good place to check out ACOGs? Element has a few, but I'd like to see a variety of reticles. Being colorblind, I could really f this up if I buy the wrong scope online.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We are expanding a bit, FWIW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atomic is nice and focused on AR's and parts and about the size of my bedroom...

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ACOGs are great optics, but with as many more reticles, colors, and configurations than there are world religions, it is hard to stock a wide variety of them without investing your liquid cash flow into an overhead item that may take a long time to sell...

That is why places like Element usually just stock the most popular selling models - to lower the amount of time their $$$ is tied up in overhead.

If you stock a less popular, niche optic, and it sits on the shelf over 1.5 years, the manufacturer may come out with a new model, and now the going market price of the older generation niche optic has dropped significantly - possibly even lower than the original dealer cost of the item, and there it sits, unsold, and if it does sell, it will be at a loss.  Not smart business move.

The most popular models are usually popular for valid reasons, and they will sell faster, and make a bit of a profit instead of a loss.

That said, ACOGs aren't the be-all end-all of the optic world...  There is a lot of hype that goes with them.  Depending on your intended usage, there are likely much better options available.
View Quote

C'mon, we all know ACOGs are cheater optics. They take all the skill out of shooting an AR and make anybody who uses one an instant marksman. That's why DEATH451 has one on every rifle he owns..
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#24]
ACOG = Greatest optic ever devised ever!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#25]
So… Anyone have a green and a red I can look through? Will provide a six pack of your choice!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So… Anyone have a green and a red I can look through? Will provide a six pack of your choice!!
View Quote

All mine are red/orange sorry brotato.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try Scheel's in St. Cloud yet?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah scheels only had red. I was actually able to see red quite well though. I found a good deal and went with red.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:33:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atomic is nice and focused on AR's and parts and about the size of my bedroom...

I saw that. You guys should let us know on here when your cerakote operation is up and running!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top