User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really? It is and always has been a "fun" shoot, for "fun". Nobody cares if you think it's stupid, nobody cares if you don't show up.
Some people go to dress up and waste ammo, who cares. It's a "fun" shoot. Get over it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And here's the pic of the $50 Swag Bag. Nothing was taken out, and my son's bag was exactly the same so there was no mistake made. They intentionally grossly misrepresented what the sold us. http://<a href=http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/denny2006_photos/imagejpg1.jpg</a>" />

Just out of curiosity, how old is your son?  Hopefully he's not too young, but it was nice of them to include the "I shoot MF'ers in the face" patch for him.  .

Interceptor Knight,
Are you trying to get a job with ZERT or something?  This event is just stupid, and it sounds like this year was even stupider than usual.  I don't care how many vaguely zombie-themed cardboard targets you tactically defended your vehicle from while dressed in your makeup and gear, it's still stupid.  Some people dress up in costumes and go to Star Trek conventions, and they will also argue that there is some value in doing so.  They are wrong.

Please post pics of yourself dressed up in your post-apocalyptic regalia for my entertainment.

Really? It is and always has been a "fun" shoot, for "fun". Nobody cares if you think it's stupid, nobody cares if you don't show up.
Some people go to dress up and waste ammo, who cares. It's a "fun" shoot. Get over it.

Yes really.  Nobody cares what anybody thinks - it's the internet.  Also, I am "over it", just posting a little social commentary about the man-boys still playing dress up.

Please feel free to waste your time in whatever stupid way you prefer, you don't need my approval.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And here's the pic of the $50 Swag Bag. Nothing was taken out, and my son's bag was exactly the same so there was no mistake made. They intentionally grossly misrepresented what the sold us. http://<a href=http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/denny2006_photos/imagejpg1.jpg</a>" />

Just out of curiosity, how old is your son?  Hopefully he's not too young, but it was nice of them to include the "I shoot MF'ers in the face" patch for him.  .

Interceptor Knight,
Are you trying to get a job with ZERT or something?  This event is just stupid, and it sounds like this year was even stupider than usual.  I don't care how many vaguely zombie-themed cardboard targets you tactically defended your vehicle from while dressed in your makeup and gear, it's still stupid.  Some people dress up in costumes and go to Star Trek conventions, and they will also argue that there is some value in doing so.  They are wrong.

Please post pics of yourself dressed up in your post-apocalyptic regalia for my entertainment.

Yes really.  Nobody cares what anybody thinks - it's the internet.  Also, I am "over it", just posting a little social commentary about the man-boys still playing dress up.

Please feel free to waste your time in whatever stupid way you prefer, you don't need my approval.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 Also, I am "over it", just posting a little social commentary about the man-boys still playing dress up. .
View Quote

I just want to point out that there is a whole industry which is supported by regular Joes putting on their "kit" and attending training.   Just look at pictures from classes held by Defensive Edge, In-Extremis Consulting, etc etc.  These classes are advertised right here in the MN hometown forum and in the WI Hometown Forum.  Defensive Edge is an industry partner.    Tactical Training is good family fun.
Z.E.R.T.'s focus on providing training is no different than any of these other Companies.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So in the future if you are going to pimp zert, they will have to be a paying Industry Partner or have Dealer Status

I see you posted a add in the training section, do you work for zert?  
View Quote

I printed an endorsement, not an ad for any specific course.  In order to post an ad, you simply have to be part of the Professional Exchange Program and post it in the appropriate forum--

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_9_1/232793_Instructor_Icon_and_posting_Courses.html

My post which you just replied to was addressing the apparent objection to "grown men" putting on their kit and attending training, etc.  and not advertising for ZERT.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:16:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just want to point out that there is a whole industry which is supported by regular Joes putting on their "kit" and attending training.   Just look at pictures from classes held by Defensive Edge, In-Extremis Consulting, etc etc.  These classes are advertised right here in the MN hometown forum and in the WI Hometown Forum.  Defensive Edge is an industry partner.    Tactical Training is good family fun.
Z.E.R.T.'s focus on providing training is no different than any of these other Companies.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Also, I am "over it", just posting a little social commentary about the man-boys still playing dress up. .

Now you're just being silly.  My comments were clearly directed at those of you dressing up as zombies and zombie hunting mercenaries, not firearms training in general.  I got talked int going to Zombie Outbreak in around 2008 or 2009 and it was ridiculous.  It also had nothing to do with "training" as far as I could see.

Good luck at the ZERT job interview.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got talked int going to Zombie Outbreak in around 2008 or 2009 and it was ridiculous.  It also had nothing to do with "training" as far as I could see..
View Quote

As many people have commented, this year was quite different from past years.  Judging by pictures of past years' events there seemed to a lesser number of people in costume this year (No zombies that I saw and only a few "zombie hunters").  This is the first year where the focus was on the training portion of the weekend.  If ZERT continues with it, Tier 1 is where the maximum experience and benefit of attending will continue to be for those interested in the training.  For those just wanting to get away for the weekend to be with friends, dress up and have fun shooting, I expect that opportunity to continue as well.    
Those of us who actually attended obviously have no problem with having a little fun and socializing in or out of costume or kit.   I suppose you object to adult Halloween Costume parties  also.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

As many people have commented, this year was quite different from past years.  Judging by pictures of past years' events there seemed to a lesser number of people in costume this year (No zombies that I saw and only a few "zombie hunters").  This is the first year where the focus was on the training portion of the weekend.  If ZERT continues with it, Tier 1 is where the maximum experience and benefit of attending will continue to be for those interested in the training.  For those just wanting to get away for the weekend to be with friends, dress up and have fun shooting, I expect that opportunity to continue as well.    

Those of us who actually attended obviously have no problem with having a little fun and socializing in or out of costume or kit.   I suppose you object to adult Halloween Costume parties  also.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got talked int going to Zombie Outbreak in around 2008 or 2009 and it was ridiculous.  It also had nothing to do with "training" as far as I could see..

I watched some of the Tier one training at Outbreak. The Hutaree training vids had better choreography.

This is supposed to be a "fun" shoot. If I wanted high intensity training, ZERT isn't on the list of places I'd seek out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wouldn't try and white wash the zert spankfest off as training
It was a spankfest and nothing more and that's all it's ever been, just go out and waste some ammo
Sure it can be a good time, but it's not even close to training
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wouldn't try and white wash the zert spankfest off as training
It was a spankfest and nothing more and that's all it's ever been, just go out and waste some ammo
Sure it can be a good time, but it's not even close to training

Perhaps you missed the fact that all there existed on Friday was training...  
Saturday was the day where the other 2 levels of registrant were there to shoot and just have fun "wasting ammo".

Quoted:
I watched some of the Tier one training at Outbreak.

"Watching some" is quite different from attending all of it.  

Quoted:
This is supposed to be a "fun" shoot. If I wanted high intensity training, ZERT isn't on the list of places I'd seek out.

As you know, "Fun Shoot" was exactly what Saturday was all about.  For the upgrade in price, the ZERT training was a great value as you got to sample and receive several different types of training.  If you wanted more of a single type, it was only $75 for 4 hours of additional training on Saturday.  Those instructors had alot to offer.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Sweet,  the cool patches showed up in my mail the other day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Tier1 guys should have received 2 patches in the mail last week

As for me my zombie hunter swag included a additional pmag  but mine didn't have the eotech catalog.  Not that that had a monetary value.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The price tag was on the mags they handed out 6.95
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#20]
<Advertising removed...........dpmmn>
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow man, your knees must be sore.........

I can't believe people take ZERT seriously as a training entity.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wow man, your knees must be sore..........
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Just when I think you can't do anything.........
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't believe people take ZERT seriously as a training entity.
View Quote

Says the guy who has not taken any ZERT classes...
There are several Tier 1 Outbreak Omega attendees posting here who have positive reviews of the training.  I have not seen a single negative post on any forum regarding the training..
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Turned into a shill thread
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top