Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
This right here. That is a legit shooting weekend. I understand people get wrapped up in the zombie thing and enjoy it, but some take it too seriously haha. You can justify the cost however you want, but when you come back I reality and actually crunch the numbers it was not worth it whatsoever. Winning a prize would have been nice but like you, I don't play expecting to win. I went hoping to see some cool stages and hoot some fake "zombies", I didn't expect the beat up steel plates that fell over quite often. I'm willing to bet if they do it again next year it will be held in Nevada.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't go to zombie outbreak. I instead went and shot the MN state Highpower championship matches at Minneapolis Rifle club. Match fees were $35 for the weekend, which included pork chop BBQ dinner on Saturday after the match. Camped for free(including electric hookup for my trailer) from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Shot 198 rounds with an AR15 variant in a competition where scores were kept, against other shooters that wanted to win. No random prizes were given away. The only people who won stuff were those who shot the best scores.

Best of all, I didn't have to look at a single grown man dressed up as a zombie, a post-apocalyptic zombie-hunting mercenary, or any combination of the 2.
View Quote

Are you seriously trying to compare 10 shots in 10 minutes with practicing 2 man tactical drills egressing from a vehicle and defending a position?

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Serious about the Art Director thing. Promise I won't use real blood or entrails...

Well... Maybe. :-)
View Quote

I am sure that they appreciate your offer but they already have on on the payroll....

http://www.zertcomics.com/
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am sure that they appreciate your offer but they already have on on the payroll....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious about the Art Director thing. Promise I won't use real blood or entrails...

Well... Maybe. :-)

And yet... We saw...

Nothing. Well, nothing "new" at least.

Most of it from last Outbreak and even then not nearly as well done. As was pointed out, not one zombie target... Just steel plates. Love shooting steel plates, but damn...

Also, I didn't say "artist"... I said Art Director. There's a difference there.

I guess we'll see for next time, but this feels like kicking off on the wrong foot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you seriously trying to compare 10 shots in 10 minutes with practicing 2 man tactical drills egressing from a vehicle and defending a position?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't go to zombie outbreak. I instead went and shot the MN state Highpower championship matches at Minneapolis Rifle club. Match fees were $35 for the weekend, which included pork chop BBQ dinner on Saturday after the match. Camped for free(including electric hookup for my trailer) from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Shot 198 rounds with an AR15 variant in a competition where scores were kept, against other shooters that wanted to win. No random prizes were given away. The only people who won stuff were those who shot the best scores.

Best of all, I didn't have to look at a single grown man dressed up as a zombie, a post-apocalyptic zombie-hunting mercenary, or any combination of the 2.

No, I was actually trying to point out some of the differences between a serious competition of shooting skill, and a bunch of adult men dressing up like 8-year olds on Halloween.

This adult make-believe phenomenon s a fairly recent development in society, and not a good one in my opinion.  Goes hand-in-hand with the staggering number of 20-30 year old man-boys still living in their parents' basements. Do you happen to know any WWII vets or have any in your family?  If so, ask them how much time they spent dressed up in costumes when they were your age.

Just out of curiosity, what were you and your tactical partner defending that position from?  Zombies?

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, I was actually trying to point out some of the differences between a serious competition of shooting skill, and a bunch of adult men dressing up like 8-year olds on Halloween.

This adult make-believe phenomenon s a fairly recent development in society, and not a good one in my opinion.  Goes hand-in-hand with the staggering number of 20-30 year old man-boys still living in their parents' basements. Do you happen to know any WWII vets or have any in your family?  If so, ask them how much time they spent dressed up in costumes when they were your age.

Just out of curiosity, what were you and your tactical partner defending that position from?  Zombies?

View Quote

It's a fun shoot. If you can't loosen up and have FUN, then no... This isn't for you. Go elsewhere.

Simple.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#7]
It was a great time. And I am happy to have a event like this.  And if it does move it would most likely be Oklahoma.

At shft the complaint was not enough steel. ? Now to much. ?.reactive targets are supperior to paper, unfortunately ricochet seamed to be a problem from done if the stage layouts.

Most of the prize table was done during the day which unfortunately to don't see the lucky recipient's but was some cool stuff.  And as muggy as it was the short program at the end was fine by me as the lucky lady gets hot and stuffy with 600 people in it.

Swag bag was meh... The shirt was part of the bag and if you go 20$ tshirt ,13 pmag, 5 gift card,8tool 5lens cleaner and patch I could kinda  see the 50 swag eval  with tge 75$ run n gun but the additional 75 (150 zombie hunter) to get a second patch and pmag and a meal wasnt worth it. camping was a non issue.

Also many of the guys that did the tier 1 didn't shoot much sat some felt that Friday was a good day of shooting and only shot a minimal but sat.

Lines were short either due to predicted weather or the cost of the shooting packages or  more so spectator fees since in the past 25 bucks got you in on the prize table so  that weeded out a few people

I agree the   rso did a excellent job in instruction.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a good time, but someone really dropped the ball on the stages.
The plates should have been retired before this event. The people that got splashed got splashed because the plates were dimpled like golf balls and broken apart.
Most stages were set up with little or no imagination, and were not overly challenging.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was actually trying to point out some of the differences between a serious competition of shooting skill,.....
View Quote

I know what your point was, but you totally missed mine.  You are expressing an elitist type position regarding this type of an event.  I responded that High Power type competitions frankly sounds boring to  alot of people.  This event was designed deliberately to be generally not competitive in nature.  I would suggest that you lighten up as these type of events are good for everyone who is a firearm enthusiast.  The more people who enjoy to shoot, the more people you have a reasonable chance to convince that competitive known distance shooting is fun.  I can tell you that High Power event participation numbers have fallen by over 40% around here over the past 10 years.  We have a couple of different monthly leagues during the summer and it is becoming harder and harder to fill the lines.  Appleseed teaches High Power style of shooting yet is at a reduced distance with a little competition thrown in and is family friendly.  Our numbers have fallen somewhat over the past 4 years but are now picking up since panic of 2012.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most stages were set up with little or no imagination, and were not overly challenging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I totally agree  A common theme in the feedback is to add more "imagination" to the ranges/stages.    

Quoted:
The plates should have been retired before this event. The people that got splashed got splashed because the plates were dimpled like golf balls and broken apart.
 Do you remember which stages had "dimpled" plates?  
I am not a "splatter happens" kind of guy when it comes to family events.  There should be no acceptable level of splatter.  If you are aware of an issue, as a range owner, your goal should be to continually improve the targets and range construction to get the splatter hitting shooters down to zero.    I can not express how pissed I would be if my child were hit by splatter when it could have been prevented.    Improving the steel and the height/length of the barrier walls is a MUST do in from my perspective.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Two of the splatter victims were RSO's. I think the Friday training sessions were pretty tough on the plates.
A printed course of fire would have been helpful for the participants too.
Hopefully ZERT sends out an email questionnaire for thoughts and input to make the shoot better next year.
The three stages with the cars were the worst.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two of the splatter victims were RSO's. I think the Friday training sessions were pretty tough on the plates.
A printed course of fire would have been helpful for the participants too.
Hopefully ZERT sends out an email questionnaire for thoughts and input to make the shoot better next year.
The three stages with the cars were the worst.
View Quote

E-mail sent...
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do you remember which stages had "dimpled" plates?  

I am not a "splatter happens" kind of guy when it comes to family events.  There should be no acceptable level of splatter.  If you are aware of an issue, as a range owner, your goal should be to continually improve the targets and range construction to get the splatter hitting shooters down to zero.    I can not express how pissed I would be if my child were hit by splatter when it could have been prevented.    Improving the steel and the height/length of the barrier walls is a MUST do in from my perspective.
View Quote

The two bays right in front of where the DPMS truck was parked. Bay on the Left had a single gong, later a single plate and I assume it was because the round gong got destroyed. Bay to the Right had a line of torso cardboard targets the ZERT folks were using. Mag dump on the Left bay caused splatter that HIT a guy in the Right bay in the face. Almost got him in the eye.
Always wear your Eye-pro folks.
I got nailed standing behind my BiL while he was doing a mag dump on that plate. The way it was juking around, not real surprised. Hit my sporran and another got me in the Right shin. No big deal for me, but I felt bad for the guy that took one to the gourd and bled for it.

Not bitching on my part, I've had much worse. Took a 230gr .45 ACP bounce back running a plate rack down in Texas. Now THAT hurt...
Plates on the locomotive mock up were massively dimpled.
Bounce backs happen with steel. All you can do is try to minimize.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the thing, I'm sure many of the plates were not AR500.  When they have holes in them it is pretty obvious they weren't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's the thing, I'm sure many of the plates were not AR500.  When they have holes in them it is pretty obvious they weren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen then.

I wasn't there, did they check for steel core ammo before shooting?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Steel core will penetrate. Have a couple of ar500 plates my Father in Law hit with his Nagant. Steel cored 7.62 punched it. Armor peircing rounds peircing armor plate.

Shocking. I know...

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Make sure the plates are angled downward at least 23 degrees
View Quote

That certainly would have helped.

Like MNHornet said, there weren't a lot of challenging stages. Mostly just walk up and blast away at a steel plate that looks nothing like a zombie.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is a shout out to XP001!!  Something tells me you are checking out this thread...
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, it was a decent event, the prize table was alright, the stages were about as fun as you can have if you shot at any range steel at a private range, the swag bags sucked. Camping was great after they fixed the miff up, RSO's were alright, could have utilized better time without so many instructions, The pitted steel was a horrible liability, and the meal was very MEH, and there was no food Saturday night like someone said was gonna happen? and no Remington Ammo truck like normal, I love Ahlmans but $15 for TulAmmo .223? are you kidding me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
  Steel core will penetrate. Have a couple of ar500 plates my Father in Law hit with his Nagant. Steel cored 7.62 punched it. Armor peircing rounds peircing armor plate.

Shocking. I know...

View Quote

I've put hundreds of mosin rounds into my 3/8" ar500 plate and barely marks it. But i think i only saw one mosin and not many people had 30 cals.

Maybe a significant number of people were using m855 (which doesn't go through but makes a huge dimple) but these plates were missing giant chunks by 2pm.  Also most didn't make thar ar500 ring when hit.

At least the toilets held up better.  I purposely didn't eat Friday except one sandwich so i wouldn't have to deficate.

I still had fun,  didn't get shot,  so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I've put hundreds of mosin rounds into my 3/8" ar500 plate and barely marks it.

View Quote

Steel cored? 'Cause even .30-06 and .7.62x51 lead cored won't penetrate an AR500 plate.

I still have one of the plates he hit. About an inch in from the edge. Spam can surplus steel-cored 7.62x54R went right through it at around 100yrds.

Fast forward to about the 4:14 mark...

Not me in the video, just something I found out there...

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Then I doubt it was ar500 and someone got ripped off.  I shot it with steel core (mild steel)  mosin ammo at 50 yards a few times and a lot at 100.

. 257 weatherby went straight through.

That's after 2 years of abuse.   We've never had anything larger than a square cm of jacket come back at us.

Safety will be greatly increased if they invest in ar500 next year and explicitly tell people no m855.

Edit: just watched the video, the AR500 target (yellow) stopped the mosin ammo dead in its tracks even while being rigid mounted.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I seen some pics of the swag bags today, what a joke

Someone made out like a bandit and it wasn't the shooters
View Quote

I don't know what the Zombie Hunter level received for swag, but I can assure you that Tier 1 was taken care of.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Then I doubt it was ar500 and someone got ripped off.  I shot it with steel core (mild steel)  mosin ammo at 50 yards a few times and a lot at 100.

. 257 weatherby went straight through.

https://i.imgur.com/lZfU0ND.jpg

That's after 2 years of abuse.   We've never had anything larger than a square cm of jacket come back at us.

Safety will be greatly increased if they invest in ar500 next year and explicitly tell people no m855.

Edit: just watched the video, the AR500 target (yellow) stopped the mosin ammo dead in its tracks even while being rigid mounted.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they were AR500, but 2 yrs of abuse on a 25-30 tyd range at ahlmans is probably equal to 4 years of backyard abuse.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they were AR500, but 2 yrs of abuse on a 25-30 tyd range at ahlmans is probably equal to 4 years of backyard abuse.
View Quote

Well they were either ahlman's cowboy targets and we destroyed them, people were using M855, or maybe AR500 isn't as tough as I like to think.

Hey, if each of the 600 people put one 30 round mag into each target, that's 18,000 rounds.  But that assumes 100% hit rate and we all know that didn't happen that day.  LOL.  Especially since I was the guy doing mag dumps at every rifle station.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't know what the Zombie Hunter level received for swag, but I can assure you that Tier 1 was taken care of.

Perhaps you got a different tier 1 "swag bag" than I did.  I didn't spent the $300 for the bag, but for everything else.  But when they said it would be worth $150 I had hoped for at least half of that.  The rest of the shoot was awesome,  just a bit disappointed in the bag.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
  But when they said it would be worth $150 I had hoped for at least half of that.  The rest of the shoot was awesome,  just a bit disappointed in the bag.
View Quote

Perhaps you did not stick around until the end when Tier 1 received more swag..
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
pics or bullshit
View Quote

What is bullshit is someone who did not attend bitching about something they heard second hand and calling someone who actually attended, a liar.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  But when they said it would be worth $150 I had hoped for at least half of that.  The rest of the shoot was awesome,  just a bit disappointed in the bag.

I have not tried out these polymer mags,  but i heard a rumor they were given because a sponsor couldn't sell them for $4 each.

I was second row and handed a lot back and only kept 6.  

So 6 times $4 really isn't upping my swag bag.   I didn't go tier 1 for swag,  i did it for a second day of my favorite event and training.   It is a shame i failed myself and was not physically fit enough to handle the heat and training.   By the time I recovered my group was at the end.   Damn low carb diet.

Ill do it again,  i just hope the targets hold up better than i do.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have not tried out these polymer mags,  but i heard a rumor they were given because a sponsor couldn't sell them for $4 each.
So 6 times $4 really isn't upping my swag bag. .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So 6 times $4 really isn't upping my swag bag. .

I heard that if you drink alot of Coke with alot of Pop Rocks, your stomach will explode...  

Thank you for supporting the fact that we DID get more swag.  The magazines were just one type of item being passed out.  This is the magazine we received.  $19 is a far cry from $4.     http://www.elementarms.com/RWB-AR-15-.223-5.56-Polymer-30-RD-Magazine.html

Quoted:
I didn't go tier 1 for swag,  i did it for a second day of my favorite event and training.  

Ill do it again,  i just hope the targets hold up better than i do.

I don't think that a single person went Tier 1 for swag.  Any negative feedback I heard from any Tier 1 shooter was minor and I did not hear anyone say that they would not do it again.  I think that it is ridiculous that someone who did not attend whatsoever is bitching about swag bags.  I am certain that the lessons learned will improve the shoot even more for those of us who will actually attend again next year.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't see your humor or your pics

You are the only one bragging up the swag bags so lets see some proof of your gloating
View Quote

You obviously have no skin in the game having not attended this year and likely have no intention of attending next.   What is your motivation for even posting?  All Tier 1 who stuck around until after the raffle were given additional swag.  Someone besides myself in this thread has already confirmed this fact.  No pics are necessary...  
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not upset by the swag bag, I just didn't see the $150 value in it.  I will definitely attend next year, I had an awesome time and I believe it was worth every penny.   Hell, I won a rifle at the end.  It was well worth it long before I won that.  I just heard quite a few people at the shoot say how let down they were by the swag bags lack of valuable contents.   I hope they don't advertise the bag for next year, I'll still sign up for tier 1.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Hi everyone. After talking with a few guys at a local gun shop, I was urged to  sign up and post my experience at OO6. So here it is... If you have never gone to one, you had fun. If you have been to any of the others, you may feel ripped off. I know I did. We can't compare it to the cost of shooting at other places and events. That's apples to oranges. Let's compare it to OO5. This year, the Zombie theme was next to non-existent. They didn't even hang Zombie  targets over the cardboard targets. Castle of doom was closed, no trap shooting from the MRAP as promised,, and most of the stages were just duplicates. All interactive stuff like the popup zombie from the coffin, or the jailbreak were gone.  The targets were constantly down and we had metal zip by us twice.  No full-auto stage by DPMS, just a high priced stage from Jerry's. And Bills was charging $7 per round to shoot the 50 BMG. So now let's talk about the swag bags. They were a complete ripoff and DPMS. and ZERT knows it! When they tripled the price of the base shooters package, I rationalized it like this...  Well, it comes with a shirt so that saves me $20 and a $50 swag bag, so we're almost at that mark. Okay deal right? WRONG. When we signed in, the rude woman told me they don't have any more XL shirts. Then why ask on the registration? Great, no shirt for me now. But even the shirts were plastered with sponsors on the back. (They also refused to sell my son one for his brother. They said they are not for sale. Wtf? But they did sell him a ZERT shirt) Then I got the bag, opened it and saw what was a blatant misrepresentation at best. It contained an eotech lens cloth key chain, a gen2 Pmag, a voodoo survival tool card, 2 stickers, and some brochures. And all of that was donated by the sponsors. So what did the rest of the money go towards? ZERT made a killing on this.The fact is, the outbreak omega shoot is far from what it was created to be and is now nothing more than a big gun show  and a money grab by ZERT.  I sent an email to them asking them to look at the photo I took of my bag's contents and tell me there is anything close to $50 in there. No response. DPMS responded saying they would pass it on to ZERT. What a joke.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow, ZERT sounds like a bunch of neckbeards running a "shooting match"
I put that in quotes because it sounds like more a crocodile productions show than a shoot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:48:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Lol. He can dispute it all he wants. I have the bag to back it up and plenty of video on top of that.  And ZERT won't respond at all. We all know what that means, when you're guilty, you plead the 5th. They're too busy pumping up their tv show and making videos. By the way, it was great to stand in line for 20 minutes only to have the ZERT guys roll up and take over the MRAP stage to make a video. Even worse, the RSO told everyone to move forward to watch, then we found ourselves even further back in line when the crowd eventually moved back! I was pretty open minded and thought of joining ZERT before the shoot. Now you couldn't pay me to join that band of lying thieves.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
. And all of that was donated by the sponsors. So what did the rest of the money go towards?  .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
. And all of that was donated by the sponsors. So what did the rest of the money go towards?  .

The Swag is traditionally all donated at shooting events.  This one was no different.  

Quoted:
Lol. He can dispute it all he wants. I have the bag to back it up and plenty of video on top of that.    

I never disputed that the Zombie Hunter level of swag was light.   I simply stated that the Tier 1 shooters were taken care of.  We got swag bags AND more swag at the end.  

Quoted:
.  And ZERT won't respond at all. We all know what that means, when you're guilty, you plead the 5th.  

Quoted:
. .  I sent an email to them  .

If you did not notice, this was a holiday week.  I would not be surprised if much of the staff took the week off after how crazy it was in the weeks running up to the event.  
 I am certain that they  are hearing the complaints.  I am not trying to dismiss people's honest feelings but I am trying to keep things in perspective.  I don't believe that claims of "making out like bandits", etc are fair.  They paid DPMS ALOT of money for the rights to the event.  They paid Ahlman's alot of money to rent the range.  I am certain that it was not cheap to do alot of the things.  Obviously, some  things can be improved.  I am certain that they are planning to improve things for next year.   In many ways, this was a new event and I believe that this perspective should be recognized..  

Quoted:
 I hope they don't advertise the bag for next year, .

I think that this is one of the top lessons learned.   -  Not to put a dollar value on the swag bags-  
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#45]
And here's the pic of the $50 Swag Bag. Nothing was taken out, and my son's bag was exactly the same so there was no mistake made. They intentionally grossly misrepresented what the sold us. http://http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/denny2006_photos/imagejpg1.jpg" />
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Ik, I'm just calling it how I see it. And I also have the benefit of speaking to the people who started this event from the beginning. Showing them what we got and the videos I shot, even they came to the conclusion that unfortunately this event turned into a money maker which it was never designed to be. I hope you're right, I hope next year is great. I'm not going to go though. I'll wait to hear from the people who do and if things have changed, I'll give it another shot. At this point there's not much left for me to say though. Everyone has their own opinion, and everyone had a different experience there. You guys enjoy the rest of your weekend and be safe.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted: They intentionally grossly misrepresented what the sold us.
View All Quotes

I sincerely do not believe that this is a fair statement.  I believe that they had a plan and parts of the plan did not turn out as expected.  They intend to continue with this event so deliberate misrepresentation makes no sense from a business standpoint.  

Quoted:
I'm just calling it how I see it. And I also have the benefit of speaking to the people who started this event from the beginning. .

I am not denying that this year was different from past and that people came expecting it to be like past years.   I think that we still should keep the perspective that this is their first time running any kind of an event on this scale and that mistakes were bound to happen.  I realize that some of these mistakes really pissed off some people.  I realize that some were very disappointed  I am not dismissing these legitimate complaints.   For everyone's benefit and for the future of this event, I hope that everyone gives them a chance to learn from their mistakes by listening to the feedback and improve the event for next year.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I sincerely do not believe that this is a fair statement.  I believe that they had a plan and parts of the plan did not turn out as expected.  They intend to continue with this event so deliberate misrepresentation makes no sense from a business standpoint.  

I am not denying that this year was different from past and that people came expecting it to be like past years.   I think that we still should keep the perspective that this is their first time running any kind of an event on this scale and that mistakes were bound to happen.  I realize that some of these mistakes really pissed off some people.  I realize that some were very disappointed  I am not dismissing these legitimate complaints.   For everyone's benefit and for the future of this event, I hope that everyone gives them a chance to learn from their mistakes by listening to the feedback and improve the event for next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm just calling it how I see it. And I also have the benefit of speaking to the people who started this event from the beginning. .

I hope you're right. But if things fell through as you say, they'll apologize and admit the problem. They didn't. They called it a big success and said it was better than last year which of course is comical. That makes no sense from a business standpoint either. We'll see if that changes in the coming days. I know it's a holiday weekend but they managed to release statements on how great they did and to push for people to buy their membership before the TV show starts. Personally, I think they'll move it to Nevada. Also, DPMS was a partner here so they had plenty of help, they didn't go into this event blindly. And DPMS knew what to expect, they worked with ZERT on it, and they bare half of the responsibility in my opinion. Anyway, I'm a night shift guy so I'll have to pick this up another time. Take care.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And here's the pic of the $50 Swag Bag. Nothing was taken out, and my son's bag was exactly the same so there was no mistake made. They intentionally grossly misrepresented what the sold us. http://<a href=http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/denny2006_photos/imagejpg1.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, how old is your son?  Hopefully he's not too young, but it was nice of them to include the "I shoot MF'ers in the face" patch for him.  .

Interceptor Knight,
Are you trying to get a job with ZERT or something?  This event is just stupid, and it sounds like this year was even stupider than usual.  I don't care how many vaguely zombie-themed cardboard targets you tactically defended your vehicle from while dressed in your makeup and gear, it's still stupid.  Some people dress up in costumes and go to Star Trek conventions, and they will also argue that there is some value in doing so.  They are wrong.

Please post pics of yourself dressed up in your post-apocalyptic regalia for my entertainment.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, how old is your son?  Hopefully he's not too young, but it was nice of them to include the "I shoot MF'ers in the face" patch for him.  .

Interceptor Knight,
Are you trying to get a job with ZERT or something?  This event is just stupid, and it sounds like this year was even stupider than usual.  I don't care how many vaguely zombie-themed cardboard targets you tactically defended your vehicle from while dressed in your makeup and gear, it's still stupid.  Some people dress up in costumes and go to Star Trek conventions, and they will also argue that there is some value in doing so.  They are wrong.

Please post pics of yourself dressed up in your post-apocalyptic regalia for my entertainment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And here's the pic of the $50 Swag Bag. Nothing was taken out, and my son's bag was exactly the same so there was no mistake made. They intentionally grossly misrepresented what the sold us. http://<a href=http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/denny2006_photos/imagejpg1.jpg</a>" />

Interceptor Knight,

Really? It is and always has been a "fun" shoot, for "fun". Nobody cares if you think it's stupid, nobody cares if you don't show up.
Some people go to dress up and waste ammo, who cares. It's a "fun" shoot. Get over it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top