Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 9:01:59 PM EDT
Hey all, was wondering if anyone could recommend good outdoor shooting areas around Lexington. Are there any good places where I can practice shooting drills? Just from google, I found blue grass sportmans' league that seems to have some shooting bays. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
kleber wma is about 30 mins north of lex. 100 yard bench rest shooting. free.

the quarry down i75 got closed down.

zilpo is an hour and a half east its ok. 5 bucks or so, 250-300 yards. bench rest.

miller welch wma is in richmond area, never been.

obviously BGSL.

rock castle shooting center is supposedly nice.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
rock castle shooting center is supposedly nice.
View Quote
I don't think that is going to work.   That is nowhere close to Lexington.   It isn't in or near Rockcastle... county.   Rock Castle Shooting Center would be a 2 to 2.5 hr trip south westward toward Cave City.

Rock Castle Shooting Center
585 Park Mammoth Rd, Park City, KY 42160
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
miller welch wma in richmond is 100 yards and you have to shoot through tubes.  I'm not a fan of it but will go there occasionally since it is close.  
Sugar Creek Shooting range near Lancaster is nice.  Probably 45 mins to an hour from Lex.  250 yard rifle range and 20 yard pistol range.

http://www.sugarcreekrange.com
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
If you decided you wanted an indoor range, OpenRange in Crestwood, KY has a 100 yard rifle range.  It's about 1h15m from Lexington.  That's where I go.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you will find better than BGSL for what you described but there is also the Anderson County Club near Lawrenceburg and the Boyle Co Fish and Game toward Junction City/Hustonville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top