Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2017 3:04:56 AM EDT
Some far left coast fucked up and worthless state has a travel ban against some states for some make believe discrimination against ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (or some such alphabet soup shit) persons or groups.  

Anyway, that got me to thinking.   Kentucky should have a state ban on travel to all states that do not honor the KY CDWL.    That would actually be objective and reasonable.    How can we push that agenda?

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad idea. But the states that have instituted such bans have much larger economies than KY does.

And, legislators in KY don't care about progressing gun rights. But they did pass several anti-abortion laws, so maybe from that angle? Most likely states with restrictions on gun ownership so as to "Save teh babies!" are the same states that don't consider babies humans and have a free-for-all on abortions.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And, legislators in KY don't care about progressing gun rights. But they did pass several anti-abortion laws, so maybe from that angle? Most likely states with restrictions on gun ownership so as to "Save teh babies!" are the same states that don't consider babies humans and have a free-for-all on abortions.
View Quote
Do you want to advance gun rights or do you want to advance an entire conservative agenda? They require different strategies and criteria. They will engage or enrage different opponents as well.

Also consider the love of sports in KY. The first time that UofL or UK can't go to a bowl game or, ironically, the UK shooting teams can't go win more national competitions there will be a shitstorm about the state schools not paying for travel.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
It's certainly an interesting idea.  One could even push it further beyond honoring the KY CCDW to mandating allowing their own citizens to exercise their constitutionally protected rights.  "Honor the Constitution or 'F you'" makes more sense than "Allow (illegal immigrants/illegal drugs/etc) or 'F you'".  

You can't fly on an airline if your ID is from the "wrong state" and there is an absurd hodgepodge of what types of ID will work for what activities (travel, voting, buying guns, etc.)  If the nation can't even get their shit squared away on drivers licenses and IDs, I'd be shocked if they could do anything sensible with CCDW permits.  

Instead of just travel, how about no travel or trade with those states?  Like mentioned already, it could either cut our throats on trade (counting only sea ports from the top 10 largest, ban states account for 265,743,977 short tons of total trade in the US - KY goods have to come in and go out somewhere) and tourism, or it could be incentive to a) spread reciprocity b) make more stuff in the commonwealth c) increase local tourism.  I have an idea of which side of that equation we would realistically land on.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's certainly an interesting idea.  One could even push it further beyond honoring the KY CCDW to mandating allowing their own citizens to exercise their constitutionally protected rights.  "Honor the Constitution or 'F you'" makes more sense than "Allow (illegal immigrants/illegal drugs/etc) or 'F you'".  

You can't fly on an airline if your ID is from the "wrong state" and there is an absurd hodgepodge of what types of ID will work for what activities (travel, voting, buying guns, etc.)  If the nation can't even get their shit squared away on drivers licenses and IDs, I'd be shocked if they could do anything sensible with CCDW permits.  

Instead of just travel, how about no travel or trade with those states?  Like mentioned already, it could either cut our throats on trade (counting only sea ports from the top 10 largest, ban states account for 265,743,977 short tons of total trade in the US - KY goods have to come in and go out somewhere) and tourism, or it could be incentive to a) spread reciprocity b) make more stuff in the commonwealth c) increase local tourism.  I have an idea of which side of that equation we would realistically land on.
View Quote

Or d) Completely isolate Ky. from the rest of the country and bankrupt the state. Doesn't sound too bad. Let's give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Or d) Completely isolate Ky. from the rest of the country and bankrupt the state. Doesn't sound too bad. Let's give it a whirl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, in my opinion, that pretty much falls under "cut our throats on trade and tourism."  That would be the either part of the either (bad) or (good) posed in my quoted post.  I figured that it was clear that I didn't mean that a literal knife would be put to every Kentuckian's throat but, rather, a negative outcome would occur.

I don't think that "Completely isolate Ky. from the rest of the country and bankrupt the state" belongs in the list of possible good outcomes that is juxtaposed with the likely bad outcome above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top