Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2017 5:41:14 PM EDT
I looked and couldn't find a list, so forgive me if I'm missing it.

Just moved to KY from OH and need to get my KY permit. I'm in Boone Co and would like to not have to pay Point Blank a ridiculous amount of money just to tell me what a pistol looks like again. Any freelance instructors?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]

A list of DCJT Instructors sorted by county can be found here:https://docjt.ky.gov/forms/CCDW/CWSheriffsList.pdf

Most Ky. Dept of Criminal Justice certified Instructors and Instructor Trainers are freelance. They work on there own and run their own small, part-time businesses. The state has capped the fee for those instructors at $75, plus $10 for range fees, if applicable. So, there isn't a lot of leeway for discounts, but they are not unheard of. If you want the best trainer, look up Joe Kalil in Boone Co. He is the best, by far. He is a retired military combat pilot, instructor for Federal Air Marshalls and has been a Boone Co. constable (don't know if he still is or not). Whatever you spend with him will be well worth it and I am sure Joe has things that he can teach almost anyone. I am sure there are other fine instructors in Northern Ky. also. Good luck.

https://www.defensivehandguntraining.com/

Phone:  513-909-GUNS
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you softpoint. Very helpful.

I emailed Kalil's group a couple days, no response so far but I'll keep trying. He sure is an impressive guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top