Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2017 11:21:03 AM EDT
I've had a problem with the Moms Demand Action group ever since I attended one of their meetings and heard the lies that they tell to citizens who are genuinely concerned about gun violence but don't know the facts. They provide bogus numbers, mis-represent statistics and statements from pro-gun folks like the National Shooting Sports Federation, claim their "gun owning" husbands, friends, etc are for background checks, no carrying anywhere, bans on scary black rifles, etc. I've had some of their leaders tell me they would rather 100 gun owners die for lack of self-defense than one child accidentally die due to a firearm. Their leadership here knows me and several of my friends on sight, by name, and have investigated all of us, with smear campaigns to boot on social media.

Despite being so EVIL, the group grows, while gun owners rarely make efforts to network, and form our own clubs/organizations to combat the mis-information of the well-funded anti-gun crowds. Hell, we didn't get a single good gun bill passed this year, and more than one state representative told me it's because they made more noise than we did.

I see these folks at parades, events, meeting with local government folks. And that's really because they ARE a group. We should be doing way more than they are. I know there are a 3-5 members on here who I've met with and are great at supporting gun rights in KY. And KC3 has been outstanding in defending gun rights! What about forming a club or group, where we can meet up, communicate, talk, plan, and see what good is able to be done in the Commonwealth on gun rights? It would probably be 2 chapters, one in Louisville and one in Lexington, if meetings were to be regular.

If the mad mommies group grew from 3-4 members to about 30 in just a year or two, why can't we? I mean, we're the good guys

What say you on the idea?

This Friday night they are planning to walk on the bridge in celebration of getting Metro council to light up the bridge orange ($5000 usually, most likely this fee was waived for the group....). Given the recent events I think I'll take a nice long walk there myself.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm kind of meh on OC walks, but I'd be down for some organizing to influence legislation, get new shooters shooting, etc.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]

This Friday night they are planning to walk on the bridge in celebration of getting Metro council to light up the bridge orange ($5000 usually, most likely this fee was waived for the group....). Given the recent events I think I'll take a nice long walk there myself.
View Quote

Can you provide more details about this program?

Given that information it should be a quick request to find out if the fee was waived or not.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
https://louisvillewaterfront.com/explore-the-park/features/big-4-bridge/

Seems like the prices have changed. It is $2000 for just the one day though they might have it lit the whole weekend sinc it is $4000 for the weekend which includes Friday-Sunday. The day in question, June 2, is Friday so per lighting managment policies they may have to keep it lit all weekend long
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
We must both be on break, I just found that link too ha ha.

[url=http://louisvillewaterfront.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BL-policy.pdf]Policy Details [PDF][/url]

Can we raise enough money to get it lit in olive drab or coyote tan for gun rights? Maybe brass yellow? Does RKBA even have a banner or a color? Pretty sure no because we actually do something instead of putting up ribbons.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT. I've tried to spread the word for you in my circles as best I can. I hope that helps. I know that my presence would be better, but I have obligations at home.

Are you doing a fully organized walk or just showing up?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Many thanks. Any help and spreading of word that I'm looking to make friends for a club is appreciated!

I'm just going for a walk. Nothing formal or organized like my UofL open carry walk. I will be OC'ing my sidearm only though some day I wouldn't mind OC'ing my AR down there
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
When?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably will get there 6:30-7pm.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently the Mad mommies event was early afternoon, which goes to show you the character of their group.

Myself and a fellow arfcommer went and walked the bridge around 7.   Later that evening I returned to indeed find the bridge lit orange and fireworks going off. I was dressed like this the entire time and nobody cared, though I got a compliment on the shirt

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top