Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 6:09:46 PM EDT
Is anyone an electrician or know one?   I am looking to have some security system work and electrical work such as outdoor lights done.   Looking for someone in Louisville.

No interested a big, impersonal company.    Looking for someone who has a personal relationship with people here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is anyone an electrician?   I am looking to have some security system work and electrical work such as outdoor lights done.   Looking for someone in Louisville.
View Quote

I'm not but I've had good luck with Dr. Electric "We'll fix your shorts!". They replaced a panel for me on short notice. They did service for a buddies 100+ year old house too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking for someone known on here.  Not interested in a large company.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is anyone an electrician?   I am looking to have some security system work and electrical work such as outdoor lights done.   Looking for someone in Louisville.
View Quote

I work with a guy that has done both and has done a fair bit of work for other guys I work with who are all happy. Pm your name and number and I will pass it to him if you like.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I work with a guy that has done both and has done a fair bit of work for other guys I work with who are all happy. Pm your name and number and I will pass it to him if you like.
View Quote
PM sent.

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Still searching for an electrician.    I have had a few referrals and followed up on them.     But, no one has responded.    

By the way,  If anyone's kid is looking for a career, electrician and plumber are the ways to go.    High demand and not going to be outsourced.    Either would beat IT .

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Still searching for an electrician.    I have had a few referrals and followed up on them.     But, no one has responded.    

By the way,  If anyone's kid is looking for a career, electrician and plumber are the ways to go.    High demand and not going to be outsourced.    Either would beat IT .

View Quote
I will pass your info to my guy tonight!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Never did find a guy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Never did find a guy.
View Quote
My guy never called or emailed you? Sorry he sucks then.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Never did find a guy.
View Quote

Quit your whining, it's only been two weeks. Go out and buy some more candles and keep looking for an good, cheap electrician. In the meantime, you might want to think about a kerosene lantern, but be careful to not burn the house down.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck it.    No one wants easy money.    I've determined I'll just  start doing the tasks myself as I feel like it.    1 out 3 task down.     Yes, it will consume what precious time I have.    But, it beats begging or having to deal with big companies as a nobody.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fuck it.    No one wants easy money.    I've determined I'll just  start doing the tasks myself as I feel like it.    1 out 3 task down.     Yes, it will consume what precious time I have.    But, it beats begging or having to deal with big companies as a nobody.

View Quote
Be careful! Don't touch that white wire to the black one and don't touch both of them at the same time. Ouch!!! You have to be tough. Is it 110 or 220? If its 220 and you grab the wrong wire you will be glad to go back to begging and be glad to deal with a big company.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Your message is spot on.  

The nut cases in my area mess with contractors less than they do the other residents.      Today, some of the wacked out supposed female were complaining about my security features.   I had to call the cops to talk to the crazies.  

The reality is, I am a combat medic, a combat engineer, a recon team lead, and a light infantry officer.   I SHOULD be able to handle this stuff.  It is a hassle and cuts into my personal time.       On the other hand, I do like to hire people directly and take good care of them.   It is hard to find good people.   But, when you do, they are pure gold.  

Let us not forget the following...

Proverbs 16:18 King James Version  
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Oh yeah, one of my degrees is from a religious institution.     LOL!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Be careful! Don't touch that white wire to the black one and don't touch both of them at the same time. Ouch!!! You have to be tough. Is it 110 or 220? If its 220 and you grab the wrong wire you will be glad to go back to begging and be glad to deal with a big company.
View Quote
I did that the other day while installing a GFCI. My wife heard me grunt, said later she thought I was just grunting. I told her, "No, when you complete that circuit good and hard, all you can do is give a grunt."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top