User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 11:19:12 AM EDT
Heard it was shutting down. Wonder why?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to know also.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no information on why they are closing. I haven't been in there for years. The rude and arrogant attitude of the owner and his employees made me decide to spend my money elsewhere. Who knows, maybe all that changed long ago, but  I swore I'd never go back and I didn't. It takes a lot to get me down on any store, but especially a gun store. Years ago I bought a lot of stuff in there. At that time it was a very small place, only about 15 feet wide.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Not surprised. Probably because of the shitty/rude staff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not surprised. Probably because of the shitty/rude staff.
View Quote
I never experienced that.  I've bought a lot of shit from them over the years.  The place was always busy when ever I was in there.

A lot of the "staff" there were off duty police officers, I usually didn't deal with them, maybe they were the perceived rude guys.  The only guy I didn't care for was the precision competition guy the talks way too much.  He was a true sales guy but damn he got annoying.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought 2 liberty fat boy jr safes there and some reloading componets. Shocked they are closing. Always seemed busy...

Wonder if they will have any sales going on?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I never experienced that.  I've bought a lot of shit from them over the years.  The place was always busy when ever I was in there.

A lot of the "staff" there were off duty police officers, I usually didn't deal with them, maybe they were the perceived rude guys.  The only guy I didn't care for was the precision competition guy the talks way too much.  He was a true sales guy but damn he got annoying.
View Quote
I think you're talking about Skip. I liked the place. Bought two suppressors from them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh, guess I caught them on bad days the few times I was in there. However, I'm not the only one who has experienced this. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I went can shopping in there once and had what sounds like a similarly negative experience to other posters.  Ended up going to Lotus for that purchase, and not going back there after that either.  

Since then I just as soon make the trip to Gamaliel for NFA or patronize what I consider to be better local stores for title I.

I hate to hear about a local business closing but if it's due to price and customer service competition from other stores... like another poster said, it isn't surprising.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have no information on why they are closing. I haven't been in there for years. The rude and arrogant attitude of the owner and his employees made me decide to spend my money elsewhere. Who knows, maybe all that changed long ago, but  I swore I'd never go back and I didn't. It takes a lot to get me down on any store, but especially a gun store. Years ago I bought a lot of stuff in there. At that time it was a very small place, only about 15 feet wide.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Spoke to someone who works there and said the owner told them a week or so ago they're closing. No reason given. Said they haven't been busy since a year or so after Sandy hook panic died down.
Bought my first gun there.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Spoke to someone who works there and said the owner told them a week or so ago they're closing. No reason given. Said they haven't been busy since a year or so after Sandy hook panic died down.
Bought my first gun there.
View Quote
I find that hard to believe.  I would have guessed that
most gun shops made a fortune the 3+ months prior to
the election.   I know I bought another M1, .30-06 and
some .223 along with reloading components.

I prayed for the best, but prepared for the worst.  This time,
prayer won out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if the owner is losing his FFL for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#14]
They are doing what Lotus did: restructuring. They aren't closing down, look at their sale prices. 10-30% off accessories is not a great sale for their higher prices. They're selling to someone else is all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought my first pistol there and they took me to the cleaners on the price. I quickly realized they were way over priced. A few years ago something changed and there prices became more reasonable, you could even get on deal on big sale days. Skip is the worst, it was irritating hearing him talk to other customers. And the ex cop guy was a real D too. The class 3 guy Stewart was ok to work with.

They have all class 3 stuff on 50% right now but most inventory is gone. All I really saw was 22 and 5.56 cans available now. I capitalized on the deal and filed for three stamps on Friday.

When asked the staff was pretty weird about why they were closing saying it was above their pay grade. But they said I'll still come there to pick up my weapons when my forms are approved.

They are having 20% off all optics, 25% off gun parts and 10% off new guns. Ammo was either 20 or 25% too. Some good deals to be had there right now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top