BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
This from the linked news article:

"A security officer for the Galt House told WLKY that they will be at maximum security during the Derby and will have off-duty officers as well as additional security guards working to guarantee safety."

They must mean that they "guarantee" your safety only during the two minutes of the actual race. That "guarantee" didn't work too well for the owner of the hijacked car. She went to the hospital with a concussion and her car was stolen, then wrecked. Some "guarantee"! The news article made no mention of any beating, but maybe she bumped her head earlier in the day. A better "guarantee" would have been .45 ACP.  I feel certain that the three "suspects" are really good kids that just made a bad choice, especially the one with the gun. Seems he is a natural born leader. He could be elected mayor, someday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This from the linked news article:

"A security officer for the Galt House told WLKY that they will be at maximum security during the Derby and will have off-duty officers as well as additional security guards working to guarantee safety."

They must mean that they "guarantee" your safety only during the two minutes of the actual race. That "guarantee" didn't work too well for the owner of the hijacked car. She went to the hospital with a concussion and her car was stolen, then wrecked. Some "guarantee"! The news article made no mention of any beating, but maybe she bumped her head earlier in the day. A better "guarantee" would have been .45 ACP.  I feel certain that the three "suspects" are really good kids that just made a bad choice, especially the one with the gun. Seems he is a natural born leader. He could be elected mayor, someday.
View Quote
The part in red is actually likely.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Have the mayor and chief of police stepped up to say "Nothing to see here, there is no crime in Louisville"?'
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The should have the NRA convention every year with Derby. Relatively 0 crime when that was here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#6]
After the way they were disregarded, the NRA should look for other cities.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gunnies should move out of CA, MA, WA, CT, etc.
NRA should ignore Louisville
NRA should never do anything in IL
and on and on and on

If you keep giving up ground like that there won't be anywhere else to go after a while.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
and on and on and on

If you keep giving up ground like that there won't be anywhere else to go after a while.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and on and on and on

You are right.    But, in my opinion, it beats the Hell of being someone's bitch by just going along to get along.     It isn't worth it, in my opinion.    I'll follow your outline as much as possible.    

Everyone is different.    I get that.   In my values, if someone is causing me pain, I just as soon slit their throat, as long as it is legally defensible.   Maybe, if more people where like that, shit stains would learn to respect others.   The same goes for antigun places and people.   I avoid them like the plague.

In my opinion, sometimes it is best to decide to burn shit to the ground and never look back.    Theoretically, there could come a time when there is nothing left.   I am betting I will be dead before then.   If not, I certainly will be soon thereafter.

Choices, everyone has to make them.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Having the NRA convention in Louisville is a HUGE middle finger to the liberals in this city and I for one love it.

OP - Hope your co-worker is OK
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Having the NRA convention in Louisville is a HUGE middle finger to the liberals in this city and I for one love it.
View Quote
Oh, I agree.    

However, I think this was mayor fishbait's first NRAAM.   I suspect that worthless douche nozzle is working a plan to cause trouble for the NRA next time.    While I love a fight, I think the best way to fuck him and his city in the ass is to take money elsewhere and make it clear to EVERYONE why.    If one whore won't give you service with a smile, find one who will.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP - Hope your co-worker is OK
View Quote
Physically, she is doing well.   But, she is shaken up.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Very sorry to hear that. The woman that shot a mugger in the parking garage just up the street about two years ago had a horrible time adjusting. These things fade from the media, but the people involved live with it a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top