Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2017 7:33:35 PM EDT
Anyone catch this ?  
AntiFa protesters confronted diners at Louisville eatery who were quietly and peacefully celebrating Hitler's birthday.

I have a problem with loud jerks.    To me, it is clear which group was obnoxious, and which I would not be around.      I also know I will never spend a dollar at Irish Rover.    I've never been.   So, I won't be missing anything.    Had the roles been reversed, I would not be comfortable with it either.

Tell me again about how it is OK to force a business small business owner to bake a cake for a ceremony he/she feels is wrong, but is fine to expel quiet, well behaved patrons who are being harassed by obnoxious jerks.  It is nothing but politically (in)correct Bull Shit.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I eat at the Rover pretty often. They have great food and great service. While I don't care for the ARA tactics, what the hell is the restaurant going to do? Take the risk it APPEARS they sided with some neo nazis? Great way to have your business shut down in that neighborhood by unemployed activists.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
It is very simple and straight forwar.    One group was causing a disturbance and the other was not.    Kick out those causing the disturbance.

I'll never know about the food.   We haven't eaten there and never will.    

It is obvious to me which is the greater threat to peace.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
As I said...

Quoted:
Tell me again about how it is OK to force a business small business owner to bake a cake for a ceremony he/she feels is wrong, but is fine to expel quiet, well behaved patrons who are being harassed by obnoxious jerks.  It is nothing but politically (in)correct Bull Shit.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Vengarr,

You make a good point.  Bad, obnoxious,  hateful people rule our times.    This type of shit will continue until good people decide to stop it.   I don't think that will ever happen as there are now more bad people  than good in the US.   That's the future of our country.   Fortunately, I won't have to deal with it a lot longer.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone squeals, "Their business; There rules."   Right?

Let's see them kick out a group of loud, foul mouthed .... "teens", or  a similar group of loud and obnoxious flaming gay people.    It won't happen.

The obnoxious protesters getting away with this crap has  nothing to do with decorum and everything to do with PC BS.

As I get older, I have less tolerance for this kind of stuff and far less desire to socialize in general.    I just can't imagine being there when that happened.    I would have certainly left.    

I can't help but wonder how that would play out if it was done to Louisville's criminal element?    Law suits?   Maybe even arrest for harassment?   Who knows?

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone catch this ?  
AntiFa protesters confronted diners at Louisville eatery who were quietly and peacefully celebrating Hitler's birthday.

I have a problem with loud jerks.    To me, it is clear which group was obnoxious, and which I would not be around.      I also know I will never spend a dollar at Irish Rover.    I've never been.   So, I won't be missing anything.    Had the roles been reversed, I would not be comfortable with it either.

View Quote

Yah I heard about it. The Louisville antifa dumbasses call themselves Louisville ARA on facebook. The irony of what they did is lost on everyone. Their actions in Pikeville were equally dumb. So much screaming and yelling you couldn't hear what either side was saying.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun play is coming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top