Posted: 4/27/2017 7:05:41 AM EDT
Just a heads up.

Http://fw.ky.gov
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what the 226 will go for.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
In past auctions all the guns go high since the public can buy them and the public gets stupid at times.  I've seen the prices be 80% to 120% of new retail prices.  That's right people get auction fever and pay more than new value for a used gun.  I'm sure some deals are to be found but I would say it is rare.  Now the other stuff at those auctions, great deals can be had at times.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Did anyone go to the auction?  If so how was it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got there at 10:AM thier were so many cars I didn't even bother to go in they were parked all over the grounds
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got there at 10:AM thier were so many cars I didn't even bother to go in they were parked all over the grounds
View Quote
From my experiences most of those people are there just for the guns.  The regular auction items will have some people milling around, meanwhile the majority of the people are in the building where the guns are laid out.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Prices were completely insane. Several guns went for over 100% of MSRP, not to mention actual retail price.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there, too and can confirm that the prices were crazy on everything, not just the guns. I had hopes of buying several things, but would not have given half of what most went for. Some of the prices on the vehicles made me want to run my car through the auction. Those vehicles had been well used, and most of them abused.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys described just about every auction I've ever been to.  Full of old, fat, rednecks and farmers with apparently WAY too much money that have never heard of the internet.  Almost anything you would want goes for retail + 10%.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top