Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 8:42:20 PM EDT
Anyone going to Thunder Over Louisville this weekend? Will you be carrying? OC or CC? What about other events during the Ky. Derby Festival, anyone going to any of them? https://kdf.org/
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone going to Thunder Over Louisville this weekend? Will you be carrying? OC or CC? What about other events during the Ky. Derby Festival, anyone going to any of them? https://kdf.org/
View Quote

The last two years I've taken my boy just down the street to see the planes at Bowman. The kids are a little young to be at Thunder for a 16 hour day. You get to see some of the planes, the pilots and crew are usually friendly and chatting to spectators, and its a really relaxed environment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be in my office and will wander out for the carnival food.

My office is in Water Front Plaza, part of the Galt House complex, and it overlooks the bridge.

It is super quick and easy to get from my local house to the office and back to that house.

I don't like people, and this is a relaxed approach.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thunder was awesome.    The crowds were much lighter.   Fewer drunks.  There were no long lines for food.  Getting in an out was super easy.    Took 5 minutes to drive to the local house after it was over.   It did not rain as much as expected.     It cleared up nicely.   No complaints here.

Hope all here had a great time.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Bumpfire, doubling.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the usually again this year, ThunderBlast at the KSC., always a great option.  The crowd was a fraction of last years turnout. I'm sure the weather was a factor, but it was actually not to bad in the evening. Air show was cool, fireworks were good, wind was blowing away from where we were, only downside was with low attendance the people watching could have been better. Ubered down there and walked home.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Basically all the festivities at the track are expensive to the point that I would feel like a sucker paying that much to see a boring race and pay double digits for drinks and food.

Thunder once every few years is tolerable depending on where you are at.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Check into carrying at the Derby.    It isn't illegal.   But, it is hard to get a gun in.   As a result, I don't go, as I don't go where I can't carry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top