Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 8:58:21 PM EDT
The local news has been bandying about regarding the "LMPD sex scandal" but I hadn't been paying much attention until I saw the accused's names the other day.  I knew that one of the names sounded familiar when I heard it.  WDRB story
Officer Brandon Wood was indicted on seven counts of sexual abuse with one alleged victim and given a $10,000 bond by Jefferson Circuit Court Judge Angela Bisig. Woods allegedly abused a juvenile in 2011 and 2012, according to the indictment.

Former Officer Kenneth Betts was charged with two counts of sodomy involving two different alleged victims and his bond was set at $15,000. Arrest warrants were issued for both men. The indictment alleges that Betts committed sodomy in the first degree between April 1, 2007 and September 12, 2007 by "engaging in deviate sexual intercourse" with a victim  through the use of "forcible compulsion."  And Betts is accused of sodomy in the third degree on July 26, 2013, with a minor "he came into contact with as a result" of his position as a police officer.

A lawsuit, filed last month, by Metro Council President and attorney David Yates, claims Betts and Wood raped a male teenager - identified by the initials N.C. - between 2011 and 2013 while he was in the Explorer program and accuses the department of covering up the case.
View Quote
One of these guys was in a business association with which I used to be involved, where he promoted his CCDW Instruction business called "Metro Tactical Training."
He became a Police Explorer at the age of 14 and volunteered several thousand hours to the community assisting the police department with several functions.
[...]
Kenneth helped to form the Kentucky Law Enforcement Explorer Academy where he has served for seven years as the Assistant Academy Director.
View Quote
Weird shit  I don't think he's in the association any  more and the FB page looks abandoned, but he's still listed on the DOCJT page as an instructor.  Anyone take a class with this guy?  Did he touch you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I took a hazmat class with Betts. He was fingered for the safety program under the police surgeon about that time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
"Fingered"??!!  I think I would have used a different word for this story. What about "selected" or "chosen"?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I laughed.   I'm going Hell, aren't I?

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Fingered"??!!  I think I would have used a different word for this story. What about "selected" or "chosen"?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top