Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 4:40:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Jefferson County is mainly ran by democrats. I don't think much can be done. We do have a republican held house and senate, along with Matt Bevins as Gov. I don't know if anything can be done or not.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking the state department of education should jump their ass.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The KY Attorney General is less than worthless.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am thinking the state department of education should jump their ass.
View Quote

Isn't that ran mainly by democrats? I'll have to look
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:09:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Jefferson County and I was shocked when I read this BS. My tax dollars first being wasted on illegal alien invaders and now the schools (that I pay for) want to protect these criminals. I have a daughter-in-law that teaches and I hear constant stories of how much the education of legal American children is being degraded by so many non-English speaking students who slow everything down. Send them home where they can understand what is being said in their own tongue.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.scribd.com/document/338694626/JCPS-Safe-Haven-Resolution

Theres a link to the actual resolution.

Theres some frippery at the beginning ("whereas" statements in legislation or rules is usually bullshit) but getting into the meat of it there is a lot of "no JCPS employee shall <do a thing> without a court order" which actually seems pretty damn reasonable to me. The school shouldn't release info about any student for any reason without a court order or a warrant. They're educators not lawmen.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Theres some frippery at the beginning ("whereas" statements in legislation or rules is usually bullshit) but getting into the meat of it there is a lot of "no JCPS employee shall <do a thing> without a court order" which actually seems pretty damn reasonable to me. The school shouldn't release info about any student without a court order or a warrant. They're educators not lawmen.
View Quote

So, if JCPS employees become aware that a student might be involved in some criminal activity, such as selling drugs, sexual assault, possession of firearms, bomb making or some other crime, they should not assist law enforcement without a court order or warrant, that may take weeks to get. Is that your position on this? Do you think that might delay or stop an investigation of such activity, allow an opportunity to destroy evidence? I'm not saying that you are wrong. I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Theres some frippery at the beginning ("whereas" statements in legislation or rules is usually bullshit) but getting into the meat of it there is a lot of "no JCPS employee shall <do a thing> without a court order" which actually seems pretty damn reasonable to me. The school shouldn't release info about any student for any reason without a court order or a warrant. They're educators not lawmen.
View Quote

Yep.   They should keep quiet about guns, drugs, bullying, and illegals... or may be not.

Actually, I think state law says the schools are NOT to track/immigration status.   But, they should notice if a student can't speak English.    If such is the case and one, "sees (hears) something, they should say something".

I'm actually pretty reasonable about everything.   I am fine it if the schools only teach the 3 "R"s and little/nothing else (especially stopping all of the socialwork).    Or, IF they are going to stick their nose into everything, they ought to be reporting potential illegals for investigation.    I am good with either one.

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So, if JCPS employees become aware that a student might be involved in some criminal activity, such as selling drugs, sexual assault, possession of firearms, bomb making or some other crime, they should not assist law enforcement without a court order or warrant, that may take weeks to get. Is that your position on this? Do you think that might delay or stop an investigation of such activity, allow an opportunity to destroy evidence? I'm not saying that you are wrong. I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.
View Quote

I had not thought that through to more immediately harmful and dangerous crimes.

If I think through my own statement that "they're educators and not lawmen" that actually more strongly suggests that they should turn things over to the authorities because they aren't qualified or capable of dealing with criminal issues.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I had not thought that through to more immediately harmful and dangerous crimes.

If I think through my own statement that "they're educators and not lawmen" that actually more strongly suggests that they should turn things over to the authorities because they aren't qualified or capable of dealing with criminal issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all I am saying.    I see illegals as a huge issue.    I can shoot a car jackers, home invaders,  and so on.  I have a fighting chance.    Illegals?    Not so much.    Thusly,  I see them as a much greater threat.  The government has to stop the illegal invasion and the associated economic warefare and societal break down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top