Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2017 10:25:57 AM EDT
The monthly IDPA match will be this Sat at BGSL in Wilmore.
$20 for 6 stages.
New shooters there BEFORE 9:00
Everything goes hot at 10.
The new rulebook will be in effect (good or bad).

This match will be a classifier with a few extra stages thrown in.

Wanna see how you stack up? Shoot the classifier and compare.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if any of you anonymous viewers went but we had 8 new shooters. That is at least 6 more than we would normally have for the January match.
For any of you that did go, thanks for coming and I hope you had fun. No DQ's and only one FTF in the match so it couldn't have been too bad.

Come out and play at the next IDPA match on Feb 18.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bump
View Quote

Keep bumping this. I want to make a match, I need to get exposure to different competitions.

Last one conflicted with my club, current one conflicts with a kids party. Gotta juggle schedules.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just might have to go. I'm having a hard time coming up with an excuse to not go.

Never been to any kind of a shooting match.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
For anybody who has never shot an IDPA match...

You need to dress such that you will be comfortable outside for up to 5 hours. Most matches are 3 to 4 hours.
You need to bring water and a snack.
You need to have cash for the match fee. Most places cannot do a credit card.
Assuming you shoot something other than a revolver, you need three magazines min for your gun. If 1911 or BUG, you need 4. I take 5 or 6 just in case of an issue.
You need some kind of magazine holder so you can have 2 mags stowed on your belt. You can use your pockets but you will be unhappy.
You need some kind of cover garment that covers your holster/gun and mags when your hands are extended. Vest, jacket, coat, long shirt, etc.
You need a holster that securely holds the gun and is concealable (see immediately above). No crossdraw, ankle, shoulder, drop leg, or appendix holsters. Pretty much has to be strong side either in the waistband or outside the waistband.
You need eye and ear protection. Regular glasses or sunglasses are acceptable.
You need to bring around 120 rounds for a normal match. You will likely only fire 90 but you might need to reshoot a stage or something. If you shoot a classifier you need another 100 rounds to be safe.

I bring other things but you would be well prepared with the stuff I listed above.
For USPSA or Steel the list is a little different but not by much. Mainly more ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: Regular glasses or sunglasses are acceptable.
View Quote

Is this a typo?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is this a typo?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Regular glasses or sunglasses are acceptable.

Is this a typo?

No it is not.
Acceptable means you will be allowed to shoot while wearing those. Whether they are acceptable to you personally, I cannot say.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
41 shooters and the rain held off until the last stage for my squad. No one wanted to shoot in the rain so no classifier. We were done at 1.
We will likely have one after the March match.
We had some challenging stages. 2 required strong hand only. 1 required weak hand only. 1 had two steel poppers in front of a no shoot. 1 had a double drop turning target.

If you did not make it out, plan on attending March 18.
I will be doing new shooter check so new guys be there by 9 or become a spectator.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Should be a great day for it!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump for May!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump for June
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top