Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 9:36:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Pioneer safe

I bought one of these years ago. It's great, and cheap and heavy. Mine weighs about 900lb. I think mine is the tall 34 gun. Its  a no frills heavy safe.

If you want high end, the southern states in mt sterling carries one of the best safes I've ever seen but expensive. They had a whole room of them last time I was there.  Wish I could remember the brand. The southern state in lex might carry them too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It's free shipping. But you need to unload it because it come on semi. The freight driver calls and sets up a time. You can meet with them in a parking lot and back pick up up to trailer, or they will stop in front of your house. I asked the local feed store if they wouldn't mind unloading since I was not going to be home, then I just picked it up there. It comes on a pallet. The selling point to these safes is its weight. It's heavy. The tractor supply safes are cheap priced too but a lot lighter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact Fort Knox  safes and Am Sec to ask them their local distributors.    Can probably do that on line.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
My last purchase was a Sturdy. They ship to your door.
The freight company will put it in your garage on a pallet then you get to finalize location.
I am very happy with the quality of my Sturdy.

Before that I bought a smaller Liberty. I bought it from Borders in Boyd Co/Ashland.
They make runs to TN all the time to get safes so they just dropped mine at my house (Lex) on one of those runs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just driving through Bardstown the other day and stopped at Ky Gun Company.  They usually have a big selection of safes.  It appears they have decreased their volume and are starting to sell ATVs and those are taking the space for the safes.  Either way, they seemed to be pretty good prices for the ones I saw in stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased mine for Christmas at Evans Firearms & Archery on Regency Rd.  Really nice folks.  I will shop there again.

Tried to buy one elsewhere, but was ignored for 20 minutes before I asked for assistance and for 10 minutes after I asked.  Easy to just drive on by that place.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i hear ya.  people think  i am crazy for saying the same thing.   but thats one of my favorite local stores in lexington.

what kind of safe did you get?   and did you have them deliver it?
View Quote

Liberty Franklin 28.  It was an old model year on clearance.  

No, I rented a Uhaul and recruited a couple of guys from church.  Rental and lunch for them was around $75.  I have a walkout basement with a double door, so it was an easy drop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top