Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2017 1:40:12 PM EDT
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/59

I wrote to McConnell today asking him to cosponsor S.59. Not the biggest issue facing our country, but it gets rid of a poorly managed and highly regressive tax on safety devices.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Done.

McConnell

Good to see Rand as a co-sponsor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Done for Rand, Mitch, and my congressman the day it was introduced.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done for Rand, Mitch, and my congressman the day it was introduced.
View Quote

I can guarantee that the responses from those men will be much more positive than anything that would ever come from John Yarmuth. You know, you don't have to actually live in a Congessman's district to ask them to support a bill. His vote will effect all of us, and then, sometimes, I just forget where I live. I know that my Congressman, Thomas Massie, would love to hear from any Arfcom'er, no matter where that Arfcom'er may think that he lives.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can guarantee that the responses from those men will be much more positive than anything that would ever come from John Yarmuth. You know, you don't have to actually live in a Congessman's district to ask them to support a bill. His vote will effect all of us, and then, sometimes, I just forget where I live. I know that my Congressman, Thomas Massie, would love to hear from any Arfcom'er, no matter where that Arfcom'er may think that he lives.
View Quote

Haha, I've thought about writing congressmen in other districts and wondered how would they know.

When you write congressmen is it better to send a hand written letter, typed letter, or email?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

His vote will effect all of us, and then, sometimes, I just forget where I live. I know that my Congressman, Thomas Massie
View Quote

Oh I love Thomas Massie!   I learnt about him even before I came here.    Mine is Andy Barr.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Barr and Massie are GTG.

If you have to fill out a form to email that includes an address or zip just locate a zip in that persons district.  Have sent plenty you Yardmouth, he responds too - but he is just an ass.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Local efforts are under way to contact Yarmuth through back channels and get him on board with the HPA as a public health + safety issue effecting LEOs and veterans.

It is pissing up a rope, but we're in a position to be doing the pissing rather than pissed on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#8]
My response from Yarmuth

I'll try again soon!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:54:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I sent this in an email to Congressman Barr-
Here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top