Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2016 11:10:43 AM EDT
Is there any place for shooting games between Lexington and Richmond?    

We are looking for an informal Pins or IDPA style game.      We are not looking to join a league.    

I know that Cincinnati, Northern KY (Florence), and Louisville have all had gun ranges that have/had game nights, usually Thursday nights.   Some family members are looking for an opportunity to try some shooting games.

This should be within the general area of : Frankfort, Georgetown, Paris, Mt Sterling, Stanton, Irvine,  Mt Vernon, Danville, Harrodsburg, and Lawrenceburg.        

Thank you.

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know, but I am interested too...

Wilson
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Once a month there is an IDPA in Crittenden but that's pretty far north of Lexington.
There is a weekly IDPA in Nicholasville. It is an indoor range. (S&D Range??)
I would like to try out rimfire pistol steel or bowling pin if there was something around.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I think S&D does something every Tuesday and Thursday evening.  They are out in Brannons Crossing between Lex and Nicholasville.  

Buds might too but its on the north side of Lexington.  

I know Bluegrass Sportsmans League does but its out in Wilmore.  They are the largest outdoor range with tons of options: short rifle/pistol, long range rifle, pistol only interactive areas, archery, muzzleloader only range, camping, hunting, fishing.  Nice place and once I get more free time I plan on joining them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone who plays most of the shooting games, I can say I am aware of nothing between Lexington and Richmond.

S&D Range in Brannon Station (just south of Fayette Mall in Lexington) has an IDPA match each week. It is shot on both Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6 to 8ish. It is limited to 20 shooters per night and has an online signup option at signup

BGSL in Wilmore has a monthly Steel match (handgun, 22 rifle, and pistol caliber rifle) on the second Sat, USPSA on the first Sunday, and IDPA on the third Sat. Check the website
They also have 3Gun and shotgun only matches.

Buds has had a night where they set up stages and called it IDPA or USPSA in the past but I do not think that is happening now.

As someone mentioned, they do shoot IDPA one Sat a week month in Crittenden and there is also an IDPA match in Columbia each month.

If you wanted closer to LOU, Silver Creek website is just across the river and they do USPSA and IDPA.

Just because it is the only other place I know that shoots IDPA or USPSA, the Ashland Gun Club website has matches each month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top