Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 10:22:24 AM EDT
The openly gay, anti gun mayor of Lexington has been running aggressive ads on TV and radio.    I would not be surprised if his husband campaigned with him.  He is really presenting his family roots.

Rand Paul has only recently ran a few ads and they are very week.   I don't think he is interested.   I think he is ready to go back into private practice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Poll(on tv news) today has Rand up by seven.  Might as well save money till ads are needed
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Poll(on tv news) today has Rand up by seven.  Might as well save money till ads are needed
View Quote

He was up by 17-19 points earlier.   He is dropping.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what? A 7 point victory is no good!? How big a victory do you want? If Rand needs our help with campaign strategy, he doesn't deserve to win. I am comfortable with the professionals running this. Hilary was up by 12 at one one point. Meaningless. The only poll that counts is the one on election day.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the openly gay, anti gun mayor of Lexington may very well win.   I hate to see an anti gun liberal team up with yardmouth.

To me, it seems Paul has had enough.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
No,way gray wins over rand Paul. No way

Not this state, not this year, and not after all the democratic bullshit that has went on in the leaks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I made the references PC.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Campaigning is picking up.    The big city, openly gay, anti gun mayor seems to a fighter.

It seems Rand Paul didn't learn anything from Trump.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Gray is hiding the gay issue around here because it will destroy him in this area. Oddly Rand is running an ad about his charity eye surgeries instead of his fight for privacy and fight against progressivism.  I think he is saving his war coffers or they are depleted due to prez run.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gray is hiding the gay issue around here because it will destroy him in this area. Oddly Rand is running an ad about his charity eye surgeries instead of his fight for privacy and fight against progressivism.  I think he is saving his war coffers or they are depleted due to prez run.
View Quote

He is not hiding being gay.   He does hide views on guns.   So, that should tell you a lot!

This is directly from his own web site.    In 2010, Jim was elected as the first openly gay Mayor of Lexington where he has put his business experience to work in City Hall.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe this is the reason that Rand Paul is not running very hard for the Senate seat. This website gives Jim Gray a 10.6% chance of winning.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/kentucky/
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:04:21 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is not hiding being gay.   He does hide views on guns.   So, that should tell you a lot!

This is directly from his own web site.    In 2010, Jim was elected as the first openly gay Mayor of Lexington where he has put his business experience to work in City Hall.

I mean his ads lack anything to alert the unknowing.  I have already encountered one person here who was a former Lex resident who had no idea.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I have been a Rand Fan since day one and will be voting for him without question - but I do have to say that Grays ads are pretty well done and speak to a lot of people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have been a Rand Fan since day one and will be voting for him without question - but I do have to say that Grays ads are pretty well done and speak to a lot of people.
View Quote

All of that is just lipstick on a pig.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't seen a single add for either.  I will be voting for Rand as planned, even if he did screw up our primary with that caucus, and he even dropped out before we voted...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Rand can't run on the coattails of Trump, because there aren't gonna be any.

And that means the Dems get Congress, because KY was always a sure thing for us Republicans.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Rand can't run on the coattails of Trump, because there aren't gonna be any.

And that means the Dems get Congress, because KY was always a sure thing for us Republicans.
View Quote

Three ridiculous assertions in one post. That may be  record. Who's coattails did Rand Paul run on to get elected before? Was it John McCain or Mitt Romney? Those were some coattails. Why would an incumbent need anybody's "coattails" for this election against the only openly gay candidate that I can remember running in a statewide election that has never held any office above the municipal level?
Ky has "always" been a sure thing for Republicans?!! Sir, you must be very young or have a very short memory. I can remember a time when republicans were a very rare thing in Ky. "Always" is a very long time. Democrats dominated politics in Ky from the Civil War until Ronald Reagan ran for President. Even then, state offices were firmly in the hands of democrats. Conservative politics was firmly entrenched in the southern democrats(dixiecrats). Only when the national democrat party veered so dramatically to the left, did southern conservatives take refuge in the republican party.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Sure, Conservative Dems were known as, "Blue Dogs," how many exists now.

Question is how many Kentuckians are gonna overlook Jim Gray being gay?

Hey we're on the same page, the last thing I want to see is a Lexington liberal getting in the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not this state, not this year, and not after all the democratic bullshit that has went on in the leaks.
View Quote

I had lunch with Paul (and about 12 others) this week --- election didn't even come up.  Seemed to be a  safe bet
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sure, Conservative Dems were known as, "Blue Dogs," how many exists now.

Question is how many Kentuckians are gonna overlook Jim Gray being gay?

Hey we're on the same page, the last thing I want to see is a Lexington liberal getting in the Senate.
View Quote

How many Kenyuckians know he is gay?  

How many around Louisville and Lexington care?

I do not know.  

What I do know is that gray tries to hide his Lexington, anti gun views.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had lunch with Paul (and about 12 others) this week --- election didn't even come up.  Seemed to be a  safe bet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it is.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#23]
The Democrat is really pounding on Rand Paul.   Hitting him on national security, personal debt, and other things.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Paul has a 6.5 point lead today...  I expect to see more ads...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
There really seems to be zero concern about Rand Paul not winning.  He is going through the motions of the election process but he isn't fighting this time like he had to do 6 years ago.  

I still remember getting a RoboCall from Dick Cheney telling me to vote against Rand in the primary.  The purpose of that is a lot more clear this year, seeing how the Bush's are supporting Hillary now and the GOPe turned on Trump because he wasn't one of them.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]
This much is certain.    That gay democrat mayor of Lexington, who has over seen a spike in violence throughout Lexington, is a damn liar.   He says Paul is another typical career politician.   That is certainly one thing he is not.    Like him or not, that is an asinine proclamation/declaration.     He would be better off financially to be in practice.   He is one who will walk the talk... alone at times.    No one owns him.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
That gay democrat mayor of Lexington, who has over seen a spike in violence throughout Lexington, is a punk tailed piece of crap.   Then again, I suppose I am being redundant.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#28]
The fact that he's gay means nothing to me. I really don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. Rand will win, Trump will carry Kentucky, but Hillary is going to be our next president. The most important thing we can do is hold Congress, and flip the KY house to Republican so Bevin can do what good he can in our state.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#29]
If Hillary wins as President then holding Congress really doesn't matter since Ryan and McConnell are helping Hillary win and caved to Obama over and over.

The state level is different though.  I would like to see the Republican's take the House but I don't see it happening.  Hart needs to beat McKee but McKee is well liked and well funded.  It seems anyone Republican in Scott county is pretty much on their own as far as getting funding and self promotion.  Maybe there are other races that RPK is planning on flipping because they are pretty much absent when it comes to helping people here.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Hillary wins as President then holding Congress really doesn't matter since Ryan and McConnell are helping Hillary win and caved to Obama over and over.

The state level is different though.  I would like to see the Republican's take the House but I don't see it happening.  Hart needs to beat McKee but McKee is well liked and well funded.  It seems anyone Republican in Scott county is pretty much on their own as far as getting funding and self promotion.  Maybe there are other races that RPK is planning on flipping because they are pretty much absent when it comes to helping people here.  
View Quote

My state republican candidates didn't respond to the NRA-PVF questionnaire, state house, state senate, and us house. When pressed one of them said that she didn't want to put anything in writing that her opponent could use against her. No joke. So I can choose to vote for an unknown candidate who is a fucking moron and maybe get Stumbo out *or* an A- rated incumbent Democrat with a voting record that I find tolerable on many issues.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The fact that he's gay means nothing to me. I really don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. Rand will win, Trump will carry Kentucky, but Hillary is going to be our next president. The most important thing we can do is hold Congress, and flip the KY house to Republican so Bevin can do what good he can in our state.
View Quote

This. Stay of my house, my bedroom, and my wallet and do whatever you want with yours.

Since KY is going to Trump anyway, why not send Johnson some votes? You'll get ballot access for candidates that actually stand for freedom and liberty.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This. Stay of my house, my bedroom, and my wallet and do whatever you want with yours.

Since KY is going to Trump anyway, why not send Johnson some votes? You'll get ballot access for candidates that actually stand for freedom and liberty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly just don't like Johnson. I voted for him 2012, but he made some statements this cycle that really turned me off on him. The Libertarian party tried picking up too many Bern victims and have given up a lot of real libertarian principles in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My state republican candidates didn't respond to the NRA-PVF questionnaire, state house, state senate, and us house. When pressed one of them said that she didn't want to put anything in writing that her opponent could use against her. No joke. So I can choose to vote for an unknown candidate who is a fucking moron and maybe get Stumbo out *or* an A- rated incumbent Democrat with a voting record that I find tolerable on many issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's more important things going on in KY than gun rights. Gun control legislation is a far off concern in this state, but if we don't get our fiscal issues sorted out we're fucked.

Gun rights are a huge thing for me when voting on the national level, state level, not as much. KY has a good track record of protecting gun rights, I'm not worried about Bevin signing any bill that would put any more of a burden on gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gay Lexington Mayor = Anti-gun Progressive.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There's more important things going on in KY than gun rights. Gun control legislation is a far off concern in this state, but if we don't get our fiscal issues sorted out we're fucked.

Gun rights are a huge thing for me when voting on the national level, state level, not as much. KY has a good track record of protecting gun rights, I'm not worried about Bevin signing any bill that would put any more of a burden on gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you ever read SoftPoint's posts regarding how government bodies within KY trample gun rights or the KY House, with guys like Darryl Owens,  stopping gun legislation before it begins?

These are the same people who have and will continue to auger KY's financial future into the ground.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To me, there is nothing more important than my rights and gun rights are at the top of that list. What good is sound fiscal policy, if you loose your rights? Yes, gun control is a far off concern in Ky., but we have to advance when we can, because there will be times when the pendulum swings the other way. Right now, republicans are in charge of the state. It won't be that way forever. Do you think that the democrats will suddenly become fiscally responsible? They are the ones that got us into this mess. I have said before and now say it again, A-rated democrats will just maintain the status quo. They can't vote on bills that never get heard in committee. With Stumbo in control, there will be no votes on new gun bills of any significance. The bills will die without ever reaching the floor. Remember Mitch McConnell is A-rated, too. Those ratings are often a reflection of who the NRA perceives to be the most likely to win. They don't want to make enemies out of incumbents they think can be swayed later on. The first thing that needs to be done is to get Stumbo out of control of the house. We can't do that with a democrat majority. My decision is easy, because my democrat candidate is openly anti-gun, so the decision is made for me. Once the house is in the hands of the republicans, we can pick and chose which democrats we allow into government. If your gun friendly, A-rated candidate wants to stay in the Ky. house of representatives, let him switch parties. We can then all welcome him as a gun friendly, A-rated, fiscally responsible republican, that will vote for a republican Speaker of the House.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Do you ever read SoftPoint's posts regarding how government bodies within KY trample gun rights or the KY House, with guys like Darryl Owens,  stopping gun legislation before it begins?

These are the same people have and will continue to auger KY's financial future into the ground.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are the same people have and will continue to auger KY's financial future into the ground.

Yes I do read those posts. The point of what I was getting at is that right now what we need to do is flip the house and get stumbo beshear and the rest of their ilk out, then hold those we put in accountable to make sure they fix the mess properly and not do any more damage. A republican state government isn't going to fix fiscal issues and then attack guns. It would make no sense for them to do that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

To me, there is nothing more important than my rights and gun rights are at the top of that list. What good is sound fiscal policy, if you loose your rights? Yes, gun control is a far off concern in Ky., but we have to advance when we can, because there will be times when the pendulum swings the other way. Right now, republicans are in charge of the state. It won't be that way forever. Do you think that the democrats will suddenly become fiscally responsible? They are the ones that got us into this mess. I have said before and now say it again, A-rated democrats will just maintain the status quo. They can't vote on bills that never get heard in committee. With Stumbo in control, there will be no votes on new gun bills of any significance. The bills will die without ever reaching the floor. Remember Mitch McConnell is A-rated, too. Those ratings are often a reflection of who the NRA perceives to be the most likely to win. They don't want to make enemies out of incumbents they think can be swayed later on. The first thing that needs to be done is to get Stumbo out of control of the house. We can't do that with a democrat majority. My decision is easy, because my democrat candidate is openly anti-gun, so the decision is made for me. Once the house is in the hands of the republicans, we can pick and chose which democrats we allow into government. If your gun friendly, A-rated candidate wants to stay in the Ky. house of representatives, let him switch parties. We can then all welcome him as a gun friendly, A-rated, fiscally responsible republican, that will vote for a republican Speaker of the House.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Boone county, I'd have to double check but I'm fairly certain my reps are all republicans. I'm voting a straight R ticket regardless. I have no use for democrats.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
My last post was directed more at RotaryJihad's post than at your's, but had a little some for you to consider, also.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#40]
The Georgetown paper today mentioned that Thayer, Pratt, and Linder raised more than their Democrat competition.  Linder and Thayer currently hold seats, with Thayer in the senate.  Those seem to be pretty solid.  Pratt faced Tackett in a special election this spring and lost by a couple hundred votes.  Pratt sounds pretty confident in beating Tackett in a full election, so that would be one seat.  No mention of Hart so it is very doubtful he will beat McKee.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I am definitely listening Softpoint. You explained the fight over the speaker of the house a few months ago and that has stuck. I'm spending more time on my house race choices because of your points.

My beef with the Republican house candidate (Provancher) is that she told me over a private message in Facebook, (direct quote) "Riggs can be a dirty politician and for that reason, I chose not to fill out questionnaires as I didn't want him to use anything that I put in writing out of context. I wanted to run on my own qualifications. " . This is functionally equivalent to a person applying for a job and wanting an interview without sending me a resume first. Her main qualification seems to be that she's not Riggs. Meanwhile Riggs is a long-time incumbent. I can look at his voting record and decide if he does what I'd like done. This isn't just the NRA questions either, she's not responded to other candidate outlets and barely has a web presence. The only reason I'm continuing to even look is that she took the time to personally respond to me and the fight over Stumbo staying speaker.

I understand about control of the house, but man... I just can't accept a candidate who won't even bother to respond to any questionnaires or post good info.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I wonder who will win?   Paul or  the openly gay mayor of Lexington?    I know for a fact the openly gay mayor of Lexington is a lying sack of shit.     He lied about not being a career politician,  yet calling Paul one.    The openly gay mayor of Lexington has held public office longer than Paul.    

I sincerely hope that anti gun punk loses and then soon rots in his grave.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Faux News calling Rand the winner. Our local guys trying to get to Frankfort and DC look far behind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top