Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2016 9:38:33 AM EDT
I may potentially be in the market for a Destructive Device of some kind and was wondering where I may be able to get the transfer done. I'm assuming any Class III could do it? Or would it be a special case?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes any SOT dealer can transfer, no different than any other NFA item. Might be some issues if you're dealing with High explosives just because of storage issues or if you're thinking like a cannon or a tank but if you're thinking like a m203 anyone can do that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody?
View Quote

I don't think many have done one, so not much information floating around about DD's. I have never done one and don't know anybody that has. I'd guess that most here are in the same boat. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Try this company below. This is from my old notes from when I was a c2Mfg from '04-'13 The owner's name is Saied Shafizadeh. He was an importer and had a bonded warehouse if I'm not mistaken. I did a few DD transfers, but the BATFE wanted a statement as to why I was doing a DD xfer without the DD MFG endorsement on my License. Just hard to find a dealer/mfg that has the license to make/ sell those items. Good Luck!!
Pars International Corporation
509 Cheyenne Ave, Louisville, KY 40209
Phone: (502) 363-0000
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. I'll just have to ask around more at some of the local dealers. I was only able to talk to one Saturday and they wanted nothing to do with it.

I unfortunately missed out on the sale but, I'd still be good to have someone willing to transfer DDs in case something shows up in the future.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys. I'll just have to ask around more at some of the local dealers. I was only able to talk to one Saturday and they wanted nothing to do with it.

I unfortunately missed out on the sale but, I'd still be good to have someone willing to transfer DDs in case something shows up in the future.
View Quote

Uh knob creek hello.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
That was my first thought. Their website says they're not a Class 3 dealer though so, I wasn't sure.

I kind of though I'd get an answer here faster than calling every dealer in the phone book and asking if they'd do it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Uh knob creek hello.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh knob creek hello.

Even if they can't or won't they have to know someone who can and will.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have done several. Just had a Colt M203 and Boyes .55.  Let me know if I can help.

Rex Tyson
Kentucky Firearms
859-361-9444
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top