Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2016 5:47:33 PM EDT
Working in Louisville for the next month. Is there any gun ranges somewhat close by with steel out to say 600 or anything even close to that? Or what's my best public option around here?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The only Long Distance Range in the state is Rock Castle Shooting Center in park city, ky with 1000+ yards avaliable. Knob Creek is just south of Louisville but only has 350yrds available and its BYOS (bring your own steel).
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate it. I'll take a look into both of them
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Make a trip up to thunder valley. It's in Ohio but it's a great long range facility.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Avoid knob creek like the plague. Bunch of tac timmies who are borderline unsafe with their guns
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Avoid knob creek like the plague. Bunch of tac timmies who are borderline unsafe with their guns
View Quote

The ROs are pretty on top of things there. A guy got told to pack his stuff up for muzzle sweeping the line when I was there last week.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That's certainly some good news!

To the OP, Just be careful if you do bring your own steel. A few Arfcom machine guns shoots ago, one the members had hole shot through his steel.

Not everyone on the line is smart. People see any target and will shoot at it. Just ask any of the orange cones on the sides
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Working in Louisville for the next month. Is there any gun ranges somewhat close by with steel out to say 600 or anything even close to that? Or what's my best public option around here?
View Quote

There's a small 500 yard range an hour North of Louisville. They have steel at 100 to 500. $10 for the day. Range name is Deputy Big Shot, located in Deputy, Indiana.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There's a small 500 yard range an hour North of Louisville. They have steel at 100 to 500. $10 for the day. Range name is Deputy Big Shot, located in Deputy, Indiana.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never knew about that place. Good to know a longer range is fairly close for when/if I ever want to shoot longer distances than Knob Creek has.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Never knew about that place. Good to know a longer range is fairly close for when/if I ever want to shoot longer distances than Knob Creek has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig.
Now you know where I've been hiding lately.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Craig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig.

Deputy Big Shot is having troubles. The local government is trying to shut them down with zoning regs. I don't know exactly where this dispute stands right now, but it is a serious threat to their continued operation, the last I heard
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#11]
"Deputy Big Shot is having troubles. The local government is trying to shut them down with zoning regs. I don't know exactly where this dispute stands right now, but it is a serious threat to their continued operation, the last I heard"

AFAIK, that about sums up the situation. However, it's business as usual right now.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Craig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig.

Well then, I will have to make the drive and see where you've been hiding!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top