Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 8:49:02 PM EDT
I have my CC from Ga. It's says I can carry in KY. Any special regulations I need to know bout?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Softpoint here will be you best resource.   Here is a bit that I can supply.   Again, Softpoint can probably answer most of your questions.

Don't s :

A concealed firearm SHALL NOT be carried in the following places:
•Police station or sheriff's office.
•Detention facility, prison or jail.
•Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).
•County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.
•Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.
•General Assembly session, including committee meetings.
•Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.
•Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).
•Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.
•Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.
•Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.

In addition to the above restrictions, units of state and local governments and postsecondary education facilities (colleges, universities, technical schools and community colleges) have the authority to limit the carrying of concealed weapons on property owned or controlled by them (KRS 237.115). You should check with units of state and local government as well as postsecondary education facilities prior to carrying a concealed weapon on their property.

Also, KRS 527.070 prohibits unlawful possession (whether carried openly or concealed) of a weapon on school property, except for certain specified exceptions. KRS 244.125 prohibits loaded firearms (concealed or otherwise) in places where alcohol is sold by the drink, except for certain specified exceptions.

In addition, Kentucky law does not prohibit the owners of private premises from excluding persons carrying firearms. Failure to vacate private premises when asked to do so could result in a criminal trespass charge.

OK:

Restaurant that serves alcohol but don't sit at the bar, signs don't carry weight of law,  churches  

And we have state preemption.

Related Kentucky Revised Statute KRS 237.110 PDF

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top