Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2016 7:33:28 PM EDT
I am currently staying with some friends in Taylorsville, however, my family and I are moving into our new house on Thursday! We will be living just South of La Grange, in Crestwood. I look forward to getting to know the area and enjoying the heat and humidity, though, today was pretty mild. We also need to transfer our savings from a local bank in Illinois to a local bank or credit union in the area. Any recommendations? I see some local ones are Citizens Union Bank and Bedford Bank. We are also looking for someone to handle some roofing and gutter maintenance. I recently broke a bone in my foot so I can't get to those things for six to eight weeks. Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey there. I'm not too far from where you will be in Louisville. Sent you a message
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You have a pretty nice gun range in Crestwood, it is called Openrange.

The Commonwealth Credit Union is one of the best credit unions to belong to.  They recently changed their membership requirements from state employees to anyone that lives in a county that they have a branch office.  Both Jefferson and Oldham counties are eligible to apply.

https://www.ccuky.org
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Guns - Check out the local pistol matches. KPDL, Silver Creek, and uhh one other range that I can't recall right now are within reasonable driving distance. Make sure you can get around on your foot first though!

Banks - I bank with Republic Bank. They haven't really done anything stunning, but they've not done anything stupid like some of the bigger banks I used to deal with. No fees on most ATMs, online banking works well, in person service is decent. Check out the local banks and CUs first, keep RB as a backup option.

Gutters - See if Roger Mudd will come all the way up to you. He is a shooter and did a good job wrapping my trim and installing new gutters. He is based way down in West Point though, not sure if he'd be interested in coming all the way across the county to where you are.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on CCUKY.  Also as far as clubs go, BGSL is within driving range IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top