Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2016 10:34:53 AM EDT
Buy tickets or couples package online

Saturday, July 23rd 5:30PM
Shriners Hall at 4120 Bardstown Rd. (New location! Better facility, better food!)
Cash bar

Short version - Have dinner, win guns, help kids go shoot!

Online tickets are easiest, can meet in person if that doesn't work.

If you want to come with a few friends, we have table packages as well. Table packages include extra goodies like thank-you gifts and bucket tickets. Ping me for info on that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Back to the top.

LMK if you have any questions or issues getting tickets. I work from home and have a flexible schedule if you want to meet in person instead of using the online option.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Back to the top. The banquet is this Saturday!

If you've been before - did you win anything? Can you tell the guys here about the event?

If you've never been, any questions about the banquet or the mission of the Friends of NRA?

If you need tickets post here or PM me!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a meeting tonight at the Shiners Hall to do final planning. If you need tickets, stop by between 7 and 8 and we'll be happy to sell you some.

If you'd like to volunteer, put your hand up. We'll find you a task :D
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Back to the top. The banquet is this Saturday!

If you've been before - did you win anything? Can you tell the guys here about the event?

If you've never been, any questions about the banquet or the mission of the Friends of NRA?

If you need tickets post here or PM me!
View Quote

I was at your event 2 years ago.  I didn't win anything but the g/f won a small electronic lock "safe".  She said the cake that was served was worth the price by itself.  I see you are having different food this year, you will be hard pressed to beat the desserts from 2 years ago.

We may attend this year.  We have way too much going on to be sure yet.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We may attend this year.  We have way too much going on to be sure yet.  
View Quote

You know what you can do to simply your life? Make plans to have dinner with the Friends of the NRA on Saturday, it will be a good basis to build your weekend schedule around!

Tickets online here

If you don't wanna do it online, post here or PM me and I can come to you!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#6]
OK guys LAST BUMP.

Today is Friday, the banquet is Saturday. TODAY is the last day to get tickets, we gotta tell the catering staff how many people to feed. We can't sell tickets at the door.

If anyone wants to come and doesn't have tickets get on the website or contact me ASAP!

Thanks for anyone who is coming or who has come in the past. The Friends of the NRA program supports some good causes and teaches the next generation how to shoot. I love it, and thank you for your support!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could make it, but not this year. It's too bad, I feel lucky. I might win something. I love those things. They are lots of fun and winning guns is a one of my favorite things to do and I know the money goes to good works.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Newly upgraded Endowment to Patron member here.

I will own up to not going to this one, though I LOVE these events.   The banquets/auctions are food to my soul.    Those who volunteer and support these events are saints.

I am exhausted.    I have had 5-6 coworkers come to me about guns; help them buy, train, value an inheritance, or buy their collectible guns so they could get better carry  guns.    This is in a major corporate environment.   I'm doing God's work.

While not broke, I have been burning through form 1s and 4s.   Plus we are all grabbing ammo and accessories left and right.

I spent a lot at the NRAAM including the banquet and auction.

In September, Labor day weekend, I will be hosting a fish/chicken fry Friday night, an auction Saturday, and a Veterans tribute and serving up a pig roast Sunday in Eastern KY as part of our non profit for the people of the region.

The Friends of the NRA event in Eastern KY will need support, with the depressed coal economy.   I will attend that.

My estate in Northern KY and my little place in Portland (Louisville) are running me into the ground.

Oh yeah, I'm getting married too.   That takes a little bit too, of everything... LOL!

I want to go and give more.  But, I don't have it in me.   I sincerely need a little break this weekend.   Bless you all.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will own up to not going to this one, though I LOVE these events.   The banquets/auctions are food to my soul.    Those who volunteer and support these events are saints.

I am exhausted.    I have had 5-6 coworkers come to me about guns; help them buy, train, value an inheritance, or buy their collectible guns so they could get better carry  guns.    This is in a major corporate environment.   I'm doing God's work.

While not broke, I have been burning through form 1s and 4s.   Plus we are all grabbing ammo and accessories left and right.

In September, Labor day weekend, I will be hosting a fish/chicken fry Friday night, an auction Saturday, and a Veterans tribute and serving up a pig roast Sunday in Eastern KY as part of our non profit for the people of the region.

The Friends of the NRA event in Eastern KY will need support, with the depressed coal economy.   I will attend that.

My estate in Northern KY and my little place in Portland (Louisville) are running me into the ground.

Oh yeah, I'm getting married too.   That takes a little bit too, of everything... LOL!

I want to go and give more.  But, I don't have it in me.   I sincerely need a little break this weekend.   Bless you all.  
View Quote

I'm sorry you have to miss Louisville but thanks for all your support!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

My sincere congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming marriage, my friend.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
How did the event turn out this year?  

I wanted to attend but it just wasn't going to work out this year.  The g/f didn't get to go to the lake like she wanted to either. That's what happens when you buy a huge house where almost every major component needs a lot of work just to make it functional.  Just shorted out another wire, ants had made a nest in an electrical outlet and I just found more termites.  So we are a bit preoccupied.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How did the event turn out this year?  

I wanted to attend but it just wasn't going to work out this year.  The g/f didn't get to go to the lake like she wanted to either. That's what happens when you buy a huge house where almost every major component needs a lot of work just to make it functional.  Just shorted out another wire, ants had made a nest in an electrical outlet and I just found more termites.  So we are a bit preoccupied.
View Quote

LOL, I guess thats a good enough excuse for missing the event.

The new venue is GREAT, we'll definitely be back at Shriners next year. Sound not only worked but sounded good. We gave away some awesome guns, one lucky bugger from Indiana won five of them. We gave away something like 25 guns to a crowd of about 170. I got to fondle a PTR91 all night and sell tickets on it, I had fun.

I think the date hurt us just a little, too many folks on summer vacation or getting ready for school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top