Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2016 5:01:07 PM EDT
Sad day Saturday.

I was leaving my sister's house Saturday morning. I came out to the end of the drive in their HOA and stopped to look at traffic before I pulled out. Just on the other side of road was a garage sale at someones house. There was a car stopped in the middle of the road waiting for an tractor trailer to pass so they could turn left into the garage sale. A van was behind the car.

Suddenly a Tahoe came up and tried to pass on the shoulder to bypass the van and the car. The Tahoe clipped the rear right section of the van causing it to be pushed out to oncoming traffic and right in the path of the tractor trailer.

There were several occupants in the van. I beleive there were 7. A 17 year old driving, his dad in the passenger seat, 2 sons just behind them (13?) and some women in the back.

The 2 boys were ejected and killed instantly. I beleive the 17 year old and the older guy died in route via helicopter, or one died at the hospital in Dallas.

The woman in the Tahoe was unscathed and refused treatment. The trucker was also OK.

The older man in the passenger seat had just became a pastor and was driving from Houston. The incident happened in Carthage, TX.

It was horrible
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Very sad.  I saw the article.  What did you do when you saw this?  I mean no disrespect in that question.  I have never been in that situation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very sad.  I saw the article.  What did you do when you saw this?  I mean no disrespect in that question.  I have never been in that situation.
View Quote

Wasn't a whole lot that I could do. I didn't have all the PPE and tools do to what I was trained in my EMT class awhile back.

I didn't make it to the occupants in the van really. There were others there by the time my brain realized what happened. I checked on the lady in the Tahoe, she was said she was fine and sat on the side of the road. Another person was already on 911 talking to a dispatcher. There were some guys trying to get the women out of the van and I told them to leave them be as they could cause further injury doing so. Told them to talk to them and tell them not to move and stay calm. It wasn't long before DPS, a deputy and city cop showed up, followed by EMS and fire.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I FCKING HATE DRIVING.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I FCKING HATE DRIVING.
View Quote

I hate drivers that pass on the shoulder. This action has caused a lot of very serious collisions and fatalities around my area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top