BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
25k reward? Somebody will be snitching.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
"800 block of Dearborn Avenue, near Garland,". Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You saying you wouldn't move there?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I always have a TK4 in my pocket, and a VOK in my fag bag!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Move there? I wouldn't even go past there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not being mean or hateful...

Does anyone actually know the area?    Anyone been through it  often?

I do not recall what it is like.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
deleted
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]
"Carry your guns and a first aid kit! Mailman shot in drive-by in Louisville"

I carry.    Most of the time I carry 2 guns.  One, a super fast pocket gun and a second larger gun.   Wednesday night, out to diner in downtown Louisville, I had a G27 on my right side with a light and spare mag on my left, a Ruger LCR in by right front vest pocket, a Ruger LCP and a G22 with a light, 6 spare mags,  a Kershaw ZT 350 as a second knife,  and a FAK with surgical kit.  My gal carried a G27 with a spare mag and light.      

For me, my most frequent 2nd gun is a G22 with a light, 6 spare mags, and a FAK with surgical kit.    I rarely carry an AR concealed in public, but I have sometimes.     Different strokes for different folks.

Here are my most common carry guns.   I do have duplicates of half of these.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't drive past there today.   I will try to soon.    But, I did look on google maps.    There are at least 6 churches in the area, (which I have circled  their names or buildings).   While that doesn't mean much, I find it funny.   Louisville has a lot of churches.     I know places where I could stand on a corner and have 4-6 churches within a city block radius.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Carry your guns and a first aid kit! Mailman shot in drive-by in Louisville"

I carry.    Most of the time I carry 2 guns.  One, a super fast pocket gun and a second larger gun.   Wednesday night, out to diner in downtown Louisville, I had a G27 on my right side with a light and spare mag on my left, a Ruger LCR in by right front vest pocket, a Ruger LCP and a G22 with a light, 6 spare mags,  a Kershaw ZT 350 as a second knife,  and a FAK with surgical kit.  My gal carried a G27 with a spare mag and light.      

For me, my most frequent 2nd gun is a G22 with a light, 6 spare mags, and a FAK with surgical kit.    I rarely carry an AR concealed in public, but have sometimes I do.   Different strokes for different folks.

Here are my most common carry guns.   I do have duplicates of half of these.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1503/24095654573_ca6b7df2f0_n.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8810/17083488521_fe46a62d30_n.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1577/24079533359_54cd7b4c22.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1582/24079533149_4151efa8ef.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/701/22402834003_579e028044.jpg
View Quote

Nice kit, but I'd SBR that pistol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:46:37 AM EDT
[#13]
How is a convicted felon allowed to be a postal carrier?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ban the Box. Coming soon to all jobs.

http://nelp.org/publication/ban-the-box-fair-chance-hiring-state-and-local-guide/
Nationwide, over 100 cities and counties have adopted what is widely known as “ban the box” so that employers consider a job candidate’s qualifications first, without the stigma of a conviction record. These initiatives provide applicants a fair chance by removing the conviction history question on the job application and delaying the background check inquiry until later in the hiring.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

it came down to a choice between this guy and an illegal alien
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Do the crime do your time, at what point does a criminal conviction stop following you around?

Don't we want ex-cons to get a regular job and stop being bad guys?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess it stops following you around when homey shoots your ass and sends you to the grave or a cell.  AGAIN.

Problem is none of them do as much time as they should anymore and I sure as hell don't like them touching my mail, being in my yard, on my front porch, learning the routines of me and my neighbors, etc every day.

This guy is a prime example to prove my point that No, I don't want ex-cons, felons especially, carring mail in my neighborhood!

(EDIT:  Sorry gents, I was hungry....)
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do the crime do your time, at what point does a criminal conviction stop following you around?

View Quote

Sure, as a janitor in a factory, not delivering shipments, checks, legal drugs, and learning the hours of everyone in  the community.    Actions have consequences.     Doing the time is not enough to have one's record expunged.   When they have their record expunged, they should be golden.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even though I may agree with you to a point, it didn't seem to work out very well in this case and I expect you could find other cases with similar results. Sure, we all need to make a living, but I want my mailman to be a little better behaved than this guy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Honest questions:
- what jobs should be denied to a felon? Either specific jobs or categories of them
- what felonies should deny rights or privileges? Should they even be felonies?

My experience comes from a very short list of felons that I know, one of them is a man who shot someone in self defense and had his sentence commuted (not pardoned). He's a dork but otherwise a model citizen. The others were busted for weed, again not exactly winners but not bad dudes either.

I do see in the news that there are re-offenders who aren't getting the memo.

I also realize that my friends and associates are one paperwork mistake away from a felony. One cockup in assembling a firearm or mistake on taxes and BAM felon.

I would rather see the denials of rights and privileges explicitly spelled out in the sentence rather than by statute.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I am out of step with society.   Everyone wants to turn non violent offenders loose.  Generally drug related stuff.   I do not.     A significant number of violent offenders should never be in jail/prison.   People on drug charges?   That was no unplanned situation.   I have to follow tax and gun laws, which are both complex to the point of being nuts.   People can follow the very simple drug laws, or pay.

I especially despise drug dealers/manufacturers who don't pay taxes on their money.   People who get .gov assistance and are involved in the drug trade should be hung.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top