Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 1:42:30 PM EDT
I have a trip coming up in about a month and will need to stay a couple of nights in Lexington. Can anyone recommend some good places to stay and/or have an adult beverage?

I was looking at the Embassy Suites, but know nothing about the area and if it's a decent stay or not...

Also, was looking at a couple of breweries:
West Sixth Brewing
Country Boy Brewing
Blue Stallion Brewing

All three seem to be within a few miles of the Embassy Suites. Anyone have any feedback on the hotel or breweries listed? Other recommendations welcome too!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Embassy Suites is really nice and super professional staff.  Rooms are great and plenty of space.  You can't go wrong staying there.  Breakfast is free and really good.  Their restaurant is pretty nice too. They offer free drinks and snacks in the early evening hours until like 7:30 PM.  

There is a Sheraton Four Seasons just right up the road from Embassy Suites that is nice and recently renovated, but it is directly across the street from a flea bag motel that attracts some sketchy people, but I've never had any issues.  Any hotel in the Hamburg area is good to go with the exception of one or two really lower priced hotels.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd recommend a downtown hotel like the Hyatt or Hilton.  Plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.  The Embassy is nice but it is several miles from downtown.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
What type of beer do you like?

Country Boy does a lot of Barrel-Aged beers. Although I think Cliff Jumper, their IPA is outstanding. And I am a pretty big IPA snob.

West Sixth has a good IPA too, and a good seafood restaurant at their location.

Blue Stallion is more of the traditional European beers.

Ethereal Brewing is the newest but they have some solid choices as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd recommend a downtown hotel like the Hyatt or Hilton.  Plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.  The Embassy is nice but it is several miles from downtown.
View Quote

This.    I don't drink, but this does seem to be the obvious approach.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Where (area/part of town) do you need to go while you are here? There are good hotels all around the city.
What amenities do you require in a hotel?
What price range is desirable? Since you are looking at Embassy Suites, I have to think price is not a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the replies everyone. Very good information here...

Actually, it appears there will be a slight change in plans and I will be just passing through for one night now, so I probably don't need to stay at Embassy if there is something decent for cheaper? I will arriving in town in the evening, having dinner and leaving early the next morning, so food recommendations would be great.

Also, if anyone could recommend a decent hotel for cheaper than Embassy, I would appreciate it. Downtown is fine - I just don't want to get too far from I-75.

I will say I am a little finicky when it comes to hotels, as I have had some bad experiences through my years of travel. This is why I typically choose Embassy Suites - I have never had a bad experience with their hotels....and I have stayed at a lot of them. Because of this, I have found it's worth the extra $$ for the piece of mind. The included breakfast helps bring down the cost too...

Thanks for all of the suggestions!  

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing downtown is cheaper than the Embassy Suites.  Not typically anyways.   The Four Points down the road from ES is cheaper and pretty good, as well as the Fairfield next to it. The Hyatt Place in the Hamburg area is pretty nice and in a good part of town with plenty of places to eat near by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top