Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2016 9:27:44 PM EDT
"Moms Demand Action" has planned an "Advocacy Day" at the Capitol, in Frankfort on Feb. 17, at 9:30 am. Some 2nd Amendment advocates have planned a counter demonstration at the same time and place. The two groups have confronted each other twice previously, in recent weeks. Once at a march in the Highlands of Louisville and the second time at a "Moms Demand Action" meeting in a public library in Covington. There does not seem to be any specific reason for this "Advocacy Day", just a general dislike for private ownership of guns, but  HB 221 has been mentioned in particular. Anyone that would like to join the pro-gun group is welcome. Open carry, concealed carry or no carry is legal in the Capitol building and on the grounds. It has never been an issue. They are very accustomed to people carrying guns there, everyday. All gun owners are encouraged to attend. Do not let Moms Demand Acton be the only voice heard on this subject. This is the Bloomberg sponsored anti-gun organization that is active all over the country.

Here is a link to the Moms Demand Action-KY facebook page. If you read this you will see what a wacked out bunch this is.

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionKY/?fref=ts
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Serious question...

What can be done, specifically?

I bet I am way off base.   How about suggestions of something other than what I think?

I probably would hold up a sign...

Don't be a coward.
Demand real action.  
Allow parents to carry everywhere.
Parents should protect their children
by carrying all of the time, everywhere.

Guessing that would be bad?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"Moms Demand Action" has planned an "Advocacy Day" at the Capitol, in Frankfort on Feb. 17, at 9:30 am. Some 2nd Amendment advocates have planned a counter demonstration at the same time and place. The two groups have confronted each other twice previously, in recent weeks. Once at a march in the Highlands of Louisville and the second time at a "Moms Demand Action" meeting in a public library in Covington. There does not seem to be any specific reason for this "Advocacy Day", just a general dislike for private ownership of guns, but  HB 221 has been mentioned in particular. Anyone that would like to join the pro-gun group is welcome. Open carry, concealed carry or no carry is legal in the Capitol building and on the grounds. It has never been an issue. They are very accustomed to people carrying guns there, everyday. All gun owners are encouraged to attend. Do not let Moms Demand Acton be the only voice heard on this subject. This is the Bloomberg sponsored anti-gun organization that is active all over the country.

Here is a link to the Moms Demand Action-KY facebook page. If you read this you will see what a wacked out bunch this is.

View Quote

Those liberal bitches look batshit crazy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course they are, but if that is the only thing our representatives in Frankfort hear, those batshit crazy people will get what they want. We have to get our point of view out there and into the ears of the General Assembly. If we sit by in silence as these people rant and rave, they will win. We have to get in the game or lose by default.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Serious question...

What can be done, specifically?

I bet I am way off base.   How about suggestions of something other than what I think?

I probably would hold up a sign...

Don't be a coward.
Demand real action.  
Allow parents to carry everywhere.
Parents should protect their children
by carrying all of the time, everywhere.

Guessing that would be bad?
View Quote

I think the last two are perfect. I'm not too crazy about the first two. Name calling (coward) never makes you any friends. Suggesting "real action" without defining what that means would just allow them to claim that is exactly what they are doing.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you.

Actually,  I was going to put it all on a single sign.  

But, I get the point about name calling.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
How did this turn out?

DISREGARD....
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How did this turn out?

DISREGARD....
View Quote

Glad you asked! I got a call from Rep. Moore last night. He is suggesting that the two rallys be separated and even maybe, held on separate days. I am not one of the original organizers of this, but I am in contact with them. They are going to try to firm up the time/place right away. It may end up that we have two meetings on two different days, Rep Moore is trying to put together a meeting between the group and some other Representatives. The original intent was to counter the MDA rally. There maybe an expanded role here. Its developing, but eveybody sees the need to clarify when and where, quickly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Sucks it's on a work day.......Why can't they do these things on the weekend when I'm off.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]
This event is going off as originally planned. The organizers feel that they can't change it at this late date. It was organized to counter the MDA rally and that is what it is going to do. So, this kicks off at 9:30 am Wednesday, Feb. 17th, as scheduled.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sucks it's on a work day.......Why can't they do these things on the weekend when I'm off.
View Quote

Because, that's when they are off.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
On Wednesday there will two rallies. The Moms Demand Action group will gather to oppose HB 221. A group from "Students for Campus Carry" has organized a group to counter this opposition. The Students group will meet at the "floral clock", just outside the capitol at 9:00 am and move inside to meet the MDA group at 9:30. Later, after the MDA group has finished, a second rally in support of HB 221 will be held at 2:00 pm. Both of these events will be held in the "Rotunda" of the capitol, near the statue of Lincoln. If you would like to be part of either, or both of these rallies, just show up at the appointed time. Everyone should be civil and polite. This is not a steet fight or name calling contest. If you can't control your emotions, don't come please. You will make all of us look like jerks. Signs would be helpful but not required. The sponsor of HB 221, Tim Moore has organized and willl be present at the second rally and I suspect that other representatives will also come by. Open carry, concealed carry and no carry are all acceptable. Carry as you wish.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody else planning on heading out to the Capitol on Wednesday? I intend to be there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anybody else planning on heading out to the Capitol on Wednesday? I intend to be there.
View Quote

I will absolutely be there. Which of these two rallies will you be attending? I'll  be there for both of them. Today, I talked with the organizer of the 9:30  counter protest of the Mom's Demand Action group and then talked to Representative Moore, sponsor of HB 221. They are both a go. KC3's attorney, Chris Hunt of Lexington has agreed to speak at the 2:00 rally. Mr.Hunt was the attorney that KC3 got to represent Michael Mitchell in 2011, when he was fired from his job at UK, when they found a gun in his car. That case went to the Ky. supreme court.

Look me up when you get there. I'll be the handsome, elderly gentleman, with a plaid shirt and stylish, neatly trimmed beard. I'd love to meet anyone that will come out to support gun rights in Ky. I'll also be sporting a sign that says, "HB 221 Can Save Children's Lives" and some other stuff, I am working on it right now. Concealed carry, open carry, or no carry is welcomed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I came here to tell you guys anout the rally tomorrow, but I see that you already have it under control.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I came here to tell you guys anout the rally tomorrow, but I see that you already have it under control.  
View Quote

Thanks SlowpokeRodriguez, everyone, whether you are coming or not, should post this information anywhere you think people would be interested.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks SlowpokeRodriguez, everyone, whether you are coming or not, should post this information anywhere you think people would be interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would love to come out if I didn't have to work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
We had a great day at the capitol today. First we met at Representative Moore's office then we tracked down the Moms Demand Action. Two of our group got into their meeting with Rep. Reggie Meeks. I and two others got a few minutes with Darryl Owens' legislative assistant. (Owens is the Chair of the committee where this bill has been assigned). I don't know if we did any good, but she at least pretended to listen and took notes on what we said. The 2 o'clock rally went well. There were about 20 people there, plus about 10 legislators came to hear what we had to say and I got to meet Leatherneck556. Here is some video:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31247624/supporters-of-two-ky-gun-bills-rally-in-frankfort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEh6eKCvdA4
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We had a great day at the capitol today. First we met at Representative Moore's office then we tracked down the Moms Demand Action. Two of our group got into their meeting with Rep. Reggie Meeks. I and two others got a few minutes with Darryl Owens' legislative assistant. (Owens is the Chair of the committee where this bill has been assigned). I don't know if we did any good, but she at least pretended to listen and took notes on what we said. The 2 o'clock rally went well. There were about 20 people there, plus about 10 legislators came to hear what we had to say and I got to meet Leatherneck556. Here is some video:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31247624/supporters-of-two-ky-gun-bills-rally-in-frankfort

View Quote

The speakers and supporters looked surprisingly polished and clear. Well done.

I find the MDA assertion that its about young people + guns + drinking as a problem - young drunks do a lot of stupid shit without guns! These people have a "banning" mentality which does not have any room for personal responsibility.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I find the MDA assertion that its about young people + guns + drinking as a problem - young drunks do a lot of stupid shit without guns! These people have a "banning" mentality which does not have any room for personal responsibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus the fact that this would only apply to CCDW holders, they have to be 21 and will be no more "irresponsible" on campus that they would be off campus. Their arguments just don't hold water. I can't take very much credit for this one. Rep. Moore organized and produced this rally, I just furnished a few of the bodies. Moore is a great guy, by the way. Retired Col., combat veteran. Very down to earth and decent. A real gentleman.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
The Moms have posted on Facebook about their day at the capitol. Everybody should read their comments. A few of us that were there, have posted a few replies, but they keep disappearing. When you read this, just remember that these people are talking, writing and emailing our state and federal lawmakers every day. Without hearing the other side, our side, they will think that this is what everybody thinks and wants. These people won't qiut. They will keep working. Will we? Here is a link to their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandAction/photos/a.300767940041133.70846.300719666712627/923460411105213/?type=3&theater
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I have more respect for rapist, murderers, home invaders, and so on.     Decent people are prepared to shoot those people, and they don't generate much sympathy.

MDA are :
Liars
COWARDS that won't protect their own families
wanting everyone to be as impotent as they are
supporters of crime
enablers of evil doers

These people must be called out.   They call decent people names.   They whine their way into people's lives instead of speaking the truth.  

Those people are filthy and disgusting.

Good women carry guns with which they have trained and are prepared to use.

Support Good People Armed (GPA)!   (I just made that up.   Feel free to steal that and run with it. )
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I read the FB comment as long as I could.  Good lord what a giant bundle of emotions they are. It's just a bunch of name calling and emotional drivel.  That being said we could definitely do a better job of expressing our opinion. And by "our" I mean gun owners. I know I'm gonna catch shit about this but.…

If 2A supporters concealed carried at these rallies instead of open carrying it would derail 90+% of those comments right out of the door. If we showed up enforce with CC or unarmed with signs that clearly and intelligently articulated our stance it would deliver the exact same message and eliminate the accusations of armed intimidation. Real or perceived.

I know that people are just making a statement and they have ever right to do so, but right wrong or indifferent the MDA are very effectively using it to their advantage and logic would dictate that another approach might be as effective without providing the fodder for their anti gun propaganda. Regardless of what the 2A says this is very much a public opinion campaign like it or not. The Bill of Rights and Constitution maybe clear as a bell to us but that hasn't ever stopped any common sense laws before as we all know too well.

Ever time I fly somewhere I get a couple hour lesson on how quickly Americans will abandon their founding principles to have some "safety".

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I read the FB comment as long as I could.  Good lord what a giant bundle of emotions they are. It's just a bunch of name calling and emotional drivel.  That being said we could definitely do a better job of expressing our opinion. And by "our" I mean gun owners. I know I'm gonna catch shit about this but.…

If 2A supporters concealed carried at these rallies instead of open carrying it would derail 90+% of those comments right out of the door. If we showed up enforce with CC or unarmed with signs that clearly and intelligently articulated our stance it would deliver the exact same message and eliminate the accusations of armed intimidation. Real or perceived.

I know that people are just making a statement and they have ever right to do so, but right wrong or indifferent the MDA are very effectively using it to their advantage and logic would dictate that another approach might be as effective without providing the fodder for their anti gun propaganda. Regardless of what the 2A says this is very much a public opinion campaign like it or not. The Bill of Rights and Constitution maybe clear as a bell to us but that hasn't ever stopped any common sense laws before as we all know too well.

Ever time I fly somewhere I get a couple hour lesson on how quickly Americans will abandon their founding principles to have some "safety".

View Quote

I wouldn't disagree, but I also don't disagree with the open carry people.

Some people care more about the Constitution than others.

Most people if you asked, couldn't even name an amendment or if they could,  most likely that wouldn't be able to correspond it with the correct number of that amendment.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actually, there were people at that rally doing both. You could be right, but we will never know. I have never understood how anyone can advocate for for gun rights when nobody can see the gun you are carrying. That seems to be pretty weak sauce. I suspect that if the MDA could convince us to abandon open carry, they would then object just as strongly to concealed carry. I doubt that any of the people that were open carrying will take any advice from someone that was not there doing either. Some of those people came from Ohio for this event. I just let other people carry as they wish, but that's just me. I don't know how to make a case for concealed carry without basing it on open carry and I don't know how to argue for a gun that I am ashamed to let others see.

Quoted:I know that people are just making a statement and they have ever right to do so, but right wrong or indifferent the MDA are very effectively using it to their advantage and logic would dictate that another approach might be as effective without providing the fodder for their anti gun propaganda. Regardless of what the 2A says this is very much a public opinion campaign like it or not. The Bill of Rights and Constitution maybe clear as a bell to us but that hasn't ever stopped any common sense laws before as we all know too well.
...snip

Once again, you might be right, but we will never know. You weren't there to make your argument. There were both open carriers and concealed carriers at this rally and not one person said a word about how anyone else carried. We are fighting an uphill battle and if we divide ourselves into small groups, they will defeat us piecemeal. We have to present a united front. If an person owns a gun and doesn't want to carry it outside his home, that's OK with me, as long as he will work for gun rights. We have too many players sitting on the sidelines saying the game is not being played right. If you don't like the strategy, get in the game and change it.  I don't care how a person carries. If he only carries cross draw, that is OK with me. Only a shoulder holster? That's OK with me, ankles too. I don't care how a person wants to carry, if he volunteers as a soldier in the army to fight gun control, God knows we need them all.  Does anyone think that if we all said, "OK, we'll give up open carry. Make it illegal." that these people will go away and leave up alone? That would just be a rung on their ladder, next step up, then the next, then the next, until we have no rights left. We have been pushed back for 40 years. Now I say, "not another inch". I'll carry how I want, where I want. If open carry offends somebody, too bad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:26:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Actually, there were people at that rally doing both. You could be right, but we will never know. I have never understood how anyone can advocate for for gun rights when nobody can see the gun you are carrying. That seems to be pretty weak sauce. I suspect that if the MDA could convince us to abandon open carry, they would then object just as strongly to concealed carry. I doubt that any of the people that were open carrying will take any advice from someone that was not there doing either. Some of those people came from Ohio for this event. I just let other people carry as they wish, but that's just me. I don't know how to make a case for concealed carry without basing it on open carry and I don't know how to argue for a gun that I am ashamed to let others see.

Once again, you might be right, but we will never know. You weren't there to make your argument. There were both open carriers and concealed carriers at this rally and not one person said a word about how anyone else carried. We are fighting an uphill battle and if we divide ourselves into small groups, they will defeat us piecemeal. We have to present a united front. If an person owns a gun and doesn't want to carry it outside his home, that's OK with me, as long as he will work for gun rights. We have too many players sitting on the sidelines saying the game is being played right. If you don't like the strategy, get in the game and change it.  I don't care how a person carries. If he only carries cross draw, that is OK with me. Only a shoulder holster? That's OK with me, ankles too. I don't care how a person wants to carry, if he volunteers as a soldier in the army to fight gun control, God knows we need them all.  Does anyone think that if we all said, "OK, we'll give up open carry. Make it illegal." that these people will go away and leave up alone? That would just be a rung on their ladder, next step up, then the next, then the next, until we have no rights left. We have been pushed back for 40 years. Now I say, "not another inch". I'll carry how I want, where I want. If open carry offends somebody, too bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:I know that people are just making a statement and they have ever right to do so, but right wrong or indifferent the MDA are very effectively using it to their advantage and logic would dictate that another approach might be as effective without providing the fodder for their anti gun propaganda. Regardless of what the 2A says this is very much a public opinion campaign like it or not. The Bill of Rights and Constitution maybe clear as a bell to us but that hasn't ever stopped any common sense laws before as we all know too well.
...snip

Once again, you might be right, but we will never know. You weren't there to make your argument. There were both open carriers and concealed carriers at this rally and not one person said a word about how anyone else carried. We are fighting an uphill battle and if we divide ourselves into small groups, they will defeat us piecemeal. We have to present a united front. If an person owns a gun and doesn't want to carry it outside his home, that's OK with me, as long as he will work for gun rights. We have too many players sitting on the sidelines saying the game is being played right. If you don't like the strategy, get in the game and change it.  I don't care how a person carries. If he only carries cross draw, that is OK with me. Only a shoulder holster? That's OK with me, ankles too. I don't care how a person wants to carry, if he volunteers as a soldier in the army to fight gun control, God knows we need them all.  Does anyone think that if we all said, "OK, we'll give up open carry. Make it illegal." that these people will go away and leave up alone? That would just be a rung on their ladder, next step up, then the next, then the next, until we have no rights left. We have been pushed back for 40 years. Now I say, "not another inch". I'll carry how I want, where I want. If open carry offends somebody, too bad.

Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top