Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 11:03:09 AM EDT
Preferably NKY if possible? anyone have some good recommendations?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just use these guys
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if this guy still does it (sp3worker) His name is Ryan and he did two lowers for me. Great guy. Been a couple years but with shipping two lowers was around 100.00 and had them in less than two weeks there and back.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Things Remembered in the Florence Mall.
That's where I had mine done.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks I'll go check them out
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I would assume they do it while your there. Correct. How much?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I absolutely would have never thought of them, usually one of those in every mall.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many years ago was this? Not exactly legal for them to do gunsmithing w/o license
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would assume they do it while your there. Correct. How much?
View Quote

You have to catch them when they are slow, otherwise they want you to leave it there. It was back in 2009 so I honestly don't remember the cost. I seem to remember it being pretty reasonable.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How many years ago was this? Not exactly legal for them to do gunsmithing w/o license
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when has NFA engraving been considered gunsmithing? As long as you follow the ATF guidelines.
Unless something has changed since 2009.

Publication

ATF 5300.4 in 27 CFR 479.102 (page 92) describes what is necessary to engrave on a SBR or SBS when one is manufacturing. This is not necessary if you purchase one that is already manufactured as it will have been done for you.

1) On the Frame or Receiver the Serial number;

2) on the frame, receiver, or barrel the following additional information;

A)The model;

B)The caliber or gage;

C)Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);

D)The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)

The above mentioned information must be engraved, casted, stamped (impressing) or otherwise conspicuously placed or caused to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size of the Serial number shall be no smaller than 1/16 inch.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Their engraver is in plain sight so if they do it while you watch them, I don't see how that is an issue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/license-needed-engage-business-engraving-customizing-refinishing-or-repairing-firearms
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Well OP, I guess you'll have to go to a gunsmith.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Things remembered in lexington said they cannot do engraving on any firearm part as company policy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Well legal or not they did it for me

My under standing was that since they don't have an FFL I just have to stay with it, which I did. It never left my sight.

I actually didn't do my NFA engraving, but I got a lower engraved that I'm giving as a Christmas gift this year. It cost $20, they did a really good job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top