Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:19:00 PM EDT
A KC3 member reported that "No Weapons" signs were up at the Paducah City Parks and also at the Joint City/County Sewer company in Paducah. After a little further investigation, I also found two Paducah city ordinances related to gun possession that are illegal. I contacted Paducah City Manager, Jeff Pederson and explained the law to him. He was polite and promised to look into it. Today, I got an email from Mr. Pederson saying that the signs have been removed from the Parks, the ordinances will be taken up at the next meeting of the City Commissioners (July 14th, I think) and the the sewer dept. sign will be addressed at the next meeting of the Sewer Board. Mr. Pederson is a member of the Sewer Board and assured me the signs would be taken down.

About a week ago another member of KC3's board contacted the Mayor of Lebanon about "No Guns" signs in that city's parks. At least one KC3 member had been ordered from the park and his gun was confiscated by Lebanon City Police. The gun has been returned and the signs are now down. The Mayor now knows the laws associated with this situation and I don't expect any more trouble with him. The fight against these things seems to never end. KC3 can only fix these things, if we know about them. Anybody that sees any "No Guns" or "No weapons" signs on public property, lets us know. They can be fixed, we have done it dozens of times. We don't have to put up with this type of crap from our own government. The General Assembly has given us the tools we need to fix these things, let's use them. KC3 can also use all the members we can get and anyone who would be willing to do a little extra could volunteer to become a member of KC3's board. Anybody interested in joining KC3, here is an application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEu3HopSTn5W50SNvgx6lJYLJy5xVQZl10lXB12jd7xJwwfPj2OEOejCJUffzLN69ePJpiSlTKMlbI8d/view
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

thank you Sir
View Quote

This.  We were talking about KC3 and your good work with another member at dinner the other night.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Brandenburg city ball park? They have a sign
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Every hospital in Lexington, if we are creating a list
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every hospital in Lexington, if we are creating a list

Every hospital, everywhere, but they are private property, not public.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which park, Riverside Park or Meade-Olin Park? Can you get pictures of the signs? If you can, post them. Are they City or County Parks?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Which park, Riverside Park or Meade-Olin Park? Can you get pictures of the signs? If you can, post them. Are they City or County Parks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meade Olin .... not lived there in years-but this thread made me remember that. That property is city

Also, the fairgrounds has a signed but whenever I contacted the DA she told me that it was private property
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Meade Olin .... not lived there in years-but this thread made me remember that. That property is city

Also, the fairgrounds has a signed but whenever I contacted the DA she told me that it was private property
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, some Fair Associations and Fairgrounds in Ky are private, others are county agencies. It takes a little work to determine which. I looked on google maps and found the ball field. When was the last time you saw those signs?  How about those pictures?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, some Fair Associations and Fairgrounds in Ky are private, others are county agencies. It takes a little work to determine which. I looked on google maps and found the ball field. When was the last time you saw those signs?  How about those pictures?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 years....I'm hours away but let met txt a buddy
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever since I heard about these signs here on AR-15.com, I have been trying to get pictures of them, but haven’t had any luck and it is too far for me to drive there just to take pictures, myself. This morning I called Mayor Joyner of Brandenburg and talked to him about the signs. He was very reasonable and cooperative. He said he’d look into the matter. This afternoon he called me back and said that the signs were fixed and that should be the end of it. I’d still like to get pictures. The next time I’m in Louisville, I may go to Brandenburg to see if they  have been taken down, for sure, but I think this one more that has been fixed. Let me know if anymore "No Guns" signs are seen on public property.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ever since I heard about these signs here on AR-15.com, I have been trying to get pictures of them, but haven’t had any luck and it is too far for me to drive there just to take pictures, myself. This morning I called Mayor Joyner of Brandenburg and talked to him about the signs. He was very reasonable and cooperative. He said he’d look into the matter. This afternoon he called me back and said that the signs were fixed and that should be the end of it. I’d still like to get pictures. The next time I’m in Louisville, I may go to Brandenburg to see if they  have been taken down, for sure, but I think this one more that has been fixed. Let me know if anymore "No Guns" signs are seen on public property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a picture today. It looks like they just put black tape over the firearms part. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7qeD3iohbX2R0VDU2xSMWNaRGc/view?usp=sharing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top