Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2015 10:41:55 PM EDT
As always thank you for looking.  So Planning a trip down to your beautiful state in late July with the GF.  We are thinking of doing hitting some distilleries.  (Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace)  So the questions are where should we stay?  Thinking either Louisville or Frankfurt.  What else is there to do?  Good restaurants?  What are the must things to do?  Thank you again for all your help!
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay in Frankfort and you'll be right off I64 near Woodford Reserve.  It's a really nice drive to the distillery off 60.

Stop in at Buds to shoot MGs.

Make a quick trip to Louisville to have Ruth Chris at Sunset-my wife and I ate there on our honeymoon and it was quite good steak.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely stay in Frankfort, but visit Louisville.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay in Frankfort or Lexington.
Maybe do a horse farm tour and or go to the Horse Park in Georgetown?
Maybe go down to Lake Cumberland for an afternoon.
If you like wine, eat at the Jean Farris winery in Lex. Good food and wine.
If you are in S Ill, come in through the western part of the state (or go home that way) and visit KY Lake/Land Between the Lakes?

You should enjoy the distilleries tours. I have had relatives from out of town do that and horse farm tours. They loved both.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Stay in louisville at the Galt house or the Brown.

Tons of good restaurants here in Louisville. AVOID any chain restaurants.

Better yet, come to mine restaurant on Bardstown Road called The Joy Luck. Would love to chat a bit with a fellow arfcommer and give you tips where to go here in KY!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the above two posters, stay in Louisville. Nothing wrong with Frankfort but Louisville has SO much more to offer. I would recommend the Brown over the G house, just my personal opinion, no reason not to stay at either place really both are nice Louisville originals. Another option you may enjoy is 21C but it will be a little more pricey but Frazier arms museum is right across the street.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Cumberland Falls is pretty cool. I go there every year for a family reunion. I end up spending more time exploring around the river and walking the trails than visiting my family.

If you have small children, Kentucky Down Under is fun. Quite a few animals to pet, plus there's a small cave tour.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all for your help.  I am looking forward to drinking some good bourbon and eating some Asian fusion at The Joy Luck!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely can't go wrong with Joy Luck. Bejing Duck is a big hit with my friends and family.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you all for your help.  I am looking forward to drinking some good bourbon and eating some Asian fusion at The Joy Luck!

Definitely can't go wrong with Joy Luck. Bejing Duck is a big hit with my friends and family.

I'm a sucker for duck.  99% of the time if its on the menu that's what I'm getting.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top