So good
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Do we have a car lined up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
So how long of range is this place? I would like to get a scope set up relatively close on an ar308. Figured i wouldnt be going down range to see the holes, but as long as i have 100 yards to play with, i can get it in a 2ftx2ft square

I'm really excited to meet some of you guys and do some shooting. I've got a few toys that need some lead down the pipe...
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, new target stands are $3 or so and used ones are less.

I plan on bringing my AR500 popper again too.  It's fair game - I just hope that the legs fare better this time than in the past
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I forgot about the cardboard stands they have at the shop. Thanks for the info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC, new target stands are $3 or so and used ones are less.

I plan on bringing my AR500 popper again too.  It's fair game - I just hope that the legs fare better this time than in the past

I forgot about the cardboard stands they have at the shop. Thanks for the info.

Don't forget bricks or rocks to weigh them down in the wind.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Good point Bob. All that lead flying down range creates quite the wind storm
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Will there be a tannerite variance for the regular rules?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tannerite is out. We slid by for a couple of years but no more.
View Quote

That is a shame since they do use it on the show.

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]

See you guys on Saturday!
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

See you guys on Saturday!
View Quote

I'm bringing this one.  

I'll have a couple toys that should be a little more fun that last year.  I just got another approval, but the logistics didn't work out to pick it up in time and it isn't coming up to the shoot to meet me like I thought it was.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Jeep29 anything I can do/bring to help out this year?

Also i'll have these toys to play with!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Jeep, did you get my PM?

I'll be bringing the M16 in 5.56, .22lr, and the SCAR17S.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Looking forward to tomorrow!

Same goes for mine, anyone is free to shoot them. I have a large stick, a larger stick, and a stick with some mud on it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jeep, did you get my PM?

View Quote

One of the happiest memories of my life was letting me utilize that in 22  for nearly an hour

Not joking- thank you for that
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

One of the happiest memories of my life was letting me utilize that in 22  for nearly an hour

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeep, did you get my PM?

My pleasure, I remarked to a friend of mine the other day that I mostly bring it to shoots so that other people can use it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So how long of range is this place? I would like to get a scope set up relatively close on an ar308. Figured i wouldnt be going down range to see the holes, but as long as i have 100 yards to play with, i can get it in a 2ftx2ft square

I'm really excited to meet some of you guys and do some shooting. I've got a few toys that need some lead down the pipe...
View Quote

If I can remember I'll pack my spotting scope.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be greatly appreciate sir. That's on my long list of things to buy. Wife keeps hiding that list from me though...
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That would be greatly appreciate sir. That's on my long list of things to buy. Wife keeps hiding that list from me though...
View Quote

Buy one on the sly and tell her you had to spend the money on a new tarp and 2x4s up at Joker's

I jest, I jest!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Buy one on the sly and tell her you had to spend the money on a new tarp and 2x4s up at Joker's

I jest, I jest!  
View Quote

hahaha she'll be there tomorrow. Everyone hide your 2x4's! They're not safe with her around!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey, are you guys going to be checking IDs at the gate or will a KY boy
who moved to Ohio be able to sneak in?   I've got 38 years worth of
Boone county red on my neck if you want to confirm it.

My
wife had plans for tomorrow so I was going to have to stay home with
the dogs but she's not feeling well now.  She's decided to  cancel her plans so I may
toss a few rifles in the truck and come hang out with you guys if its
OK.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#31]
How's the area for bringing a dog? My wife wants to bring our boxer pup since we'll be gone most of the day. She won't be running free, on a leash or kennel. Looked as if the area would be ok from the aerial view, but thought I would ask in case there were any issues with bringing her.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hey, are you guys going to be checking IDs at the gate or will a KY boy who moved to Ohio be able to sneak in?   I've got 38 years worth of Boone county red on my neck if you want to confirm it.

My wife had plans for tomorrow so I was going to have to stay home with the dogs but she's not feeling well now.  She's decided to  cancel her plans so I may toss a few rifles in the truck and come hang out with you guys if its OK.
View Quote

You better be there!  

Weren't you going to carpool with another Ohio member?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Camping: If anyone is camping the official area is in the upper parking field on the side of the military wrecker OPPOSITE of Kenny's house. The closer to the treeline the better.

Tannerite: Kenny told me today that he will now allow Tannerite. Unfortunately, I found out when I am 200 miles away from my stash. Kenny does sell a brand in the shop. You must coordinate it's use with the RSO for placement instructions.
View Quote

Of someone has prill I have some aluminum powder I have been saving.  Bring it!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How's the area for bringing a dog? My wife wants to bring our boxer pup since we'll be gone most of the day. She won't be running free, on a leash or kennel. Looked as if the area would be ok from the aerial view, but thought I would ask in case there were any issues with bringing her.
View Quote

They have some dogs that roam the range, so I'm not sure if they're real keen on people bringing strange dogs.

What is your arrival/departure schedule?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They have some dogs that roam the range, so I'm not sure if they're real keen on people bringing strange dogs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we'll be gone at least 8 hours, so figured we'd bring her with us. We can have a neighbor watch her if it'll be a problem. I think my wife just wanted to bring her to have something to do when she's not shooting to be honest Like I said, she'd be leashed and probably just hanging my truck. Noise won't be a big issue over there

If it's going to be a problem though, I have no problem leaving her at home. Just wanted to ask before I brought
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey, are you guys going to be checking IDs at the gate or will a KY boy who moved to Ohio be able to sneak in?   I've got 38 years worth of Boone county red on my neck if you want to confirm it.

My wife had plans for tomorrow so I was going to have to stay home with the dogs but she's not feeling well now.  She's decided to  cancel her plans so I may toss a few rifles in the truck and come hang out with you guys if its OK.
View Quote

By all means come on down!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ear protection for the pup?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, if she wasn't chewing everything in sight maybe!

Leaving her home, doing dinner after the shoot instead
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Lots of fun.   Lighter than usual crowd for some reason.    Still ,  a good  time.     Lots of food and drinks.   Awesome crowd.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#43]
It was great seeing you all again, and meeting some of the folks I didn't already know.  Thanks to everyone for the good day and the work that went into putting it together.

We had a great time, even if I did spend a little more time than I wanted getting a scoped-upper dialed in.  Judging by the looks I got, I must have been laughing like an idiot after burning through a full box of ammo in Jeep's subgun.    It's odd to be so happy to waste $15 so quickly.  As usual, I wish I wouldn't have got so tied up with futzing with my own toys and had spent more time talking to people and checking out what others brought.  

Look forward to seeing some of you again before too long.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Mrs. Blister64 and I had a great time today! Thank you to everyone who put this shoot together, for feeding us, and to those that shared your toys. The wife is a bit closer to ok'ing a full auto for our safe!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I had a grand time, as always. My favorite day of shooting during the whole year. And tannerite is back on! Woot! Thank you Jeep29, and all who contributed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the hospitality guys, it was a pleasure to meet everyone.   I enjoyed catching up with some of the gang from the Joker shoots plus I got to meet some cool new folks too.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Great shoot as always! Had a blast like always great to see everyone again! cant wait to next year so we can do it all again, hopefully with a larger turnout!
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I had a great time as usual. It was great to see everyone and a few new faces. Thanks for feeding us Jeep and the soft drinks, Racy Car.  Can't wait till next time.

Edit to add: fantastic door prizes!
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Did you see the smiles on peoples faces?

I thought the Indians (dot not feather) were going to turn inside out.   LOL!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top