Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 2:18:30 AM EDT
These last few winters have been really hard on me, and my wife. 2 of our 3 kids live in Houston, where I lived for 31 years before coming back to Louisville when my Mom needed knee replacement surgery. She's fine, now, and my wife and I have decided that the warmer climate in Houston is what we need, along with being closer to our kids, and hopefully soon, grandkids. We found a house in Spring, TX, and are in process of buying it. 13 years back in Louisville, and it's time for me to go home.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
These last few winters have been really hard on me, and my wife. 2 of our 3 kids live in Houston, where I lived for 31 years before coming back to Louisville when my Mom needed knee replacement surgery. She's fine, now, and my wife and I have decided that the warmer climate in Houston is what we need, along with being closer to our kids, and hopefully soon, grandkids. We found a house in Spring, TX, and are in process of buying it. 13 years back in Louisville, and it's time for me to go home.
View Quote

You will be expected to turn in all of your KY ARFCOM gear for disposal not later than one week after you pack up. :D :D
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand wanting to be closer to the kids, especially if grand kids come into the picture. I went through the same thing some years back when we moved back to KY from Ohio due to the grand kids being here. My Dad's side of the family was from near by in Henry County so the Louisville area seemed like home to us.

Best of luck back in Texas. Look out for those biker gangs....I hear they can get mean!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Now I'll have a good excuse to go to Texas.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
So, you are connected to Jade Helm 15 I take it?

Good luck with getting the new house and the move back.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
At least you're moving to another free state!

Good luck with the move.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top