Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2015 3:13:31 PM EDT
I'm building a shooting area in my yard. Progress is pretty slow, time and materials seem to get allocated to other projects. Right now, the backstop is about 25 yards from the pad, with one steel target about 500 yards out behind it. The concrete pad is 8 x 8, the roof will be 10 x 10. I'm thinking that looking in from this angle, the left wall will be a built-in rifle rack. The right wall will be some sort of mesh or screen to catch empties. The front will be a table and bench. Anyone else have one in your yard? Post them up for inspiration. I'm always down for new ideas.

No, the posts are not squared. They were laying in my way in the barn, it's just to help me visualize what I want. I may switch them for logs, I think that would look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, anxious to see the final product!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I dream about every day I sit in that Louisville rush hour traffic
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why I left Louisville. I got tired of shooting 22s in my garage and hoping the stereo kept the neighbor from hearing it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
That is great, going to be a nice range!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Range? Kind of.  We send a lot of rounds downrange here.  Can shoot out to over 1K, but generally only shoot out to about 500.  Tree line is about 350 yards from this vantage point.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice. I don't have that much flat land here. I do have an empty lake where I can get off a few 150 yard shotsm
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's why I left Louisville. I got tired of shooting 22s in my garage and hoping the stereo kept the neighbor from hearing it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Mind if I ask how far you went and if you still commute for work or were able to find something else?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting. Mind if I ask how far you went and if you still commute for work or were able to find something else?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richmond. No commute anymore, I make kydex holsters and set my own hours. I'm only 12 miles from Richmond, and about 15 from Lexington. Lots of work there if I needed it, relatively short commute. Oddly enough, when I lived in Louisville I commuted to Etown everyday.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, lots of guys from E-town. I was just browsing this forum because I may be heading down to Upton this weekend. Good to know there are a bunch of guys and gals local if I decide to move back. Is it true they took out the pool by the tank in E-town? I think it was the American Legion park. Haven't been there in close to 20 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, the pool at American Legion Park is gone, but the City just issued a contract for building a City water park at the same location.  New pool, lazy river, splash park, etc.  It will be complete next year.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#11]

21 targets hidden in the jungle.

It looks odd from this angle but you have 6 rooms to clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top