Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 8:13:20 PM EDT
I'm unexpectedly going to be coming to Kentucky this weekend.  I have my resident CCW Wisconsin permit and I'm good to go in your state.  I normally keep an AR in the truck as well.  Anything I should know before I head out.  AR is unloaded in a case but I keep loaded mags in the same case. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm unexpectedly going to be coming to Kentucky this weekend.  I have my resident CCW Wisconsin permit and I'm good to go in your state.  I normally keep an AR in the truck as well.  Anything I should know before I head out.  AR is unloaded in a case but I keep loaded mags in the same case. Thanks for the help.
View Quote

You don't need to know much. You can keep your AR in the car any way you want. Loaded or unloaded, encased or no case, in the passenger compartment or in the trunk, mags. in or mags. out, in a rack, behind the seat, on the seat, the only things you can't do is wave it around or point it at anybody. Same thing with a hand gun. The only places you can't carry are court facilities, detention facilities, police stations, sheriff's office, schools and bars (restaurants that serve alcohol are OK). "No concealed weapons" carry no legal penalties. If you miss seeing one and are discovered, all they can do is ask you to leave. Gun can stay in your parked car almost anywhere. Open carry is legal more places than concealed, so no worries about somebody seeing it. If you want to read our concealed carry law, just google KRS 237.110 and KRS 237.115. I'd be very surprised if you have any problems here. Ky. is one of the most gun friendly states in the country. Enjoy your time in Ky.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top