Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2015 4:26:43 PM EDT
I am sad to announce that a fellow arfcomer, Kyfortean has passed away earlier today. My brother received a facebook message and relayed the information back to me.

We have no idea what happened to Aaron Brevard. Please keep his family in your prayers tonight.

Rest in peace brother. You were a good guy. Always dipping or eating, winning ungodly amounts of prizes at the arfcom shoots. I have nothing but good things to say about the guy.

Will you guys posted.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw it on Facebook. Aaron was one of the first people I met when I moved to KY :(
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Shocked ! I just talked to him a few days ago, Damn I hope his family is OK. Shocked , that s about all I got right now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
He was a great guy, terrible news. RIP
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, real sorry to hear this.

RIP brother.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Met him at the KY HTF shoots. A good guy indeed. You will be missed Brother.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#8]
This is terrible news. Way to young.

RIP.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Please stop by this link and offer condolences to his family.
Link
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyway know when the funeral will be? I can't seem to find any details
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Here you go. Visitation today til 8:00.
Funeral services tomorrow, 11:00A-12:00N.

LINK
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate to hear this. He was one of the best people I ever met on here. RIP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#15]
He was a very beautiful person.    He was very funny.   I'll miss him.    

I am generally more than willing to be a jerk and an a-hole, at  a moments notice.    Being around him would completely disarm me and drop my blood pressure 20 points.

He was an inspiration.  

Being around him made me a better person.

Funny stuff here.    

I remember the first time he told me about his gym.    At first,  I thought he was blowing smoke.   He could read my efforts to restrain my surprise.   I asked him to tell  me about it.   As he did, I could tell he was serious, and I could not hide how surprised I was.    He then says, " Yeah, I know.   Look me .    I own a gym."   I was trying not to laugh.    He snickered and said, "Ya, I know, It's freaking awesome!"   I lost it...  and so did he.  

He could instantly make me comfortable and not uptight.    He did a lot and did not make excuses.    I cannot think of him without thinking, "I have no excuse."

Another time, he won some T-shirts at one of the HTF shoots that I thought I could use.    I offered a decent price for one.   After  I bought it, he looked at me and said, "What am I going to do, sew all of these together for myself?"   He would say things like that, out of nowhere.  

Gees, it is no wonder he was so popular.   He was amazing.

I don't like people, at least not easily.   So, I can be cold and callus.    Yet, I feel a loss that I rarely ever feel.    He was VERY special.

Charisma, he had it by the bucket load.    I really don't know how he did it either.    If his body matched his personality, The Rock wouldn't touch him, and Chuck Norris would give him a wide berth.

Others here were much closer to him.    I know it must be painful to have this happen out of the blue.    Always remember how he made everyone smile.  

Thanks everyone for letting me share.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang, who am I going to give all the swag to at the next HTF shoot? The last time I gave stuff out he won like everything that we were giving away. Neat guy and easy to get along with. I pray that he was in a good place before he passed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#18]
I knew Aaron, he was a good man, the last time I saw him we were at a rock show together in lexington circa 2012.

Obituary
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow. this group did mean a lot to him (he mentioned the group and HTF shoot. Not trying to sound all mushy and stuff, but seeing Aaron mention what this group meant to him makes you want to be nice to everyone. You can never tell what will have an impact on someones life.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]
RacyCar, nice post.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, that sucks.

I met him at the hometown shoots, and once shooting on his dad's farm, some of you were there. Couldn't hope to meet a nicer, more generous guy.
Someone suggested at one of the shoots that the way he won EVERYTHING in the door prize giveaways was a sign that karma was working like it should, and that kind of stuck with me.

Rest easy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top