Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 9:45:50 AM EDT
I thought it would be neat to have a thread with pictures and specs of rifles that are manufactured here in KY.  Criteria being that at a minimum the lower/serialized item is manufactured in Kentucky.

My contribution.  This WAS a C3 by Double Star that I updated.

-Upper/Lower Double Star
-Barrel Double Star 16" Lightweight 1/9
-Bolt Double Star/Carrier Voodoo Innovations Low Mass integral
-Taacom UL buffer
-SLR Rifle Works adjustable gas block
-Silencerco Specwar Flash Hider
-MFT Battle Link stock and Grip
-Fortis Rev Gen II 12" rail
-BCM Stubby Vertical Grip
-BCM Gunfighter CH Large
-Fortis Lightweight optics mount for Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot
-Geissele SSA trigger
-DS Arms ambi safety
-Magpul MBUS sights
-BCM QD End Plate
-Silencerco Specwar 762

-Gun as pictured is 6lb 3 oz (without can)
-Gun without sights/optic/and vertical grip is lighter than the original C3 configuration

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Really?  No Anderson, DoubleStar, Accurate Tool builds floating around owned by Kentuckians?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll play.

DoubleStar 16" 300 Blackout

DoubleStar 3GR

And a couple of the 3GR in use

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
All of mine are Colt's........

Jenn's is a DPMS

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The purple AR (girlfriends) The bolt gun, and the AK aren't KY guns, but the AR pistol, Black AR, and FDE AR are all on Anderson lowers.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The purple AR (girlfriends) The bolt gun, and the AK aren't KY guns, but the AR pistol, Black AR, and FDE AR are all on Anderson lowers.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/jholdsworth71/IMG_1242_zpspamcy2fo.jpg
View Quote

Pistols require a pistol tube to be pistols...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they don't. They just can't have a stock on them.

Edit: I appreciate the concern, and I don't want it to turn into an argument. I've read the laws, and I've made my decision based on my understanding of the laws. Nowhere does it state that a special receiver extension is required. Just that a stock is never installed onto a firearm with a barrel less than 16 inches. If the ATF wants to come cart me off, then I will fight it in court and deal with whatever consequences may arise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, my lowers were made just across the border in Dyersburg, TN.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a DoubleStar that I had but sold in favor of a BCM.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Accurate Armory sourced lowers/uppers.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
" />Kentucky rifle, ya say?

</a>" />
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's not tier 1
View All Quotes

In its day it sure was.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Edit: I appreciate the concern, and I don't want it to turn into an argument. I've read the laws, and I've made my decision based on my understanding of the laws. Nowhere does it state that a special receiver extension is required. Just that a stock is never installed onto a firearm with a barrel less than 16 inches. If the ATF wants to come cart me off, then I will fight it in court and deal with whatever consequences may arise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One little word for you my friend, INTENT. With that buffer tube on the pistol and access to a stock= Intent to build.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In its day it sure was.
View All Quotes

They're bad ass. I'm curious if it's authentic or a repro.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One little word for you my friend, INTENT. With that buffer tube on the pistol and access to a stock= Intent to build.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Third item on the list, with citation from the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I built it. It's a Jim Chambers "kit". Although the pattern is generally referred to as a Kentucky rifle, it's actually a pattern that originated in Lancaster PA in about 1770. It still has the thick but and larger caliber. As folks moved west, shorter, lighter and smaller calibers were desirable to safe lead, powder and weight. You don't see very many originals being shot. The lower pic was at a boy scout shoot. They get a big kick out of shooting the smoke poles.  

Think joker1 will let me run the matches with it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I built it. It's a Jim Chambers "kit". Although the pattern is generally referred to as a Kentucky rifle, it's actually a pattern that originated in Lancaster PA in about 1770. It still has the thick but and larger caliber. As folks moved west, shorter, lighter and smaller calibers were desirable to safe lead, powder and weight. You don't see very many originals being shot. The lower pic was at a boy scout shoot. They get a big kick out of shooting the smoke poles.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would love it if you ran the matches with it, I might actually be able to reload faster than you
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Received the upper to finish this one off today.

Colt HBAR A2 upper on an anderson lower with a PSA A2 lower build kit

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Doublestar lower.  

Oh and this was made here in ky!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top