Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2015 12:09:54 PM EDT
Anything noteworthy to see while we're close to the arena?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.    

Full details from a previous thread are here.

Some highlights are as follows.

Quoted:
My .02 cents. From Louisville down I-65 to Bowling Green has enough to fill any vacation.

Louisville has about everything from museums, theater, dinner theater, a zoo, underground zip lining and jeep tours, and fine dining, to shooting at Knob Creek and strip clubs.
On down south is Glendale, a whole town built around antique shops and the Whistle Stop restaurant.
Cave City and Mammoth Cave National Park has hiking, caving, zip lining, kayaking, and several little tourist shops.
Bowling Green has the Corvette Museum, the Corvette factory, Lost River, and Beech Bend racetrack/amusement park, and water park.

Lots to see and do.
View Quote

Quoted:
You will have to look most of this up, as I am trying to do most of it off the top of my head.    My memory is my weakest trait.

Around Louisville:

Louisville Mega Cavern

Belle of Louisville tours and dinning

The dinner train

ZOO

4th st live dinning area;   Louisville Clock ,  The Brown Hotel (Home of the KY Hot Brown)

Tourist sites and  Attractions on main include :  Louisville Slugger Field - the Bats minor league stadium, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory ,  

Within the West Main Historic District  : The KY Center, some boxer's center (Ali maybe)   (OK, the Muhammad Ali Center -  There, I said it)  , Frazier History Museum ,   Rodin's Thinker   ,    Actors Theatre of Louisville , Flame Run Glass Studio and Gallery  (actually on Market St, one St. over from Main) ,   Kentucky Science Center ,  and other places.

Definitely check out and research  THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE ,   one of the largest  air show and fireworks displays in the US.   Saturday, April 18, 2015

2015-ncaa-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-secondthird-rounds

Close to downtown, check out  : The Big Four Bridge  ,   United States Marine Hospital  (in Portland/West Louisville),   Portland Museum  ,   Kentucky Derby Museum   , Churchill Downs   ,   Frankfort Avenue district, Thomas Edison Butchertown House

For some reason unknown to me, Bourbon tours have become popular.   (Louisville , south east and then back north east to Lexington)

2015-Bourbon-Classic

KY Kingdom Amusement Park

Waverly Hills Sanatorium

Louisville where-go

Not far from Louisville :

WEBN Riverfest Fireworks   in Greater Cincinnati  

KY Speedway is OK.  

Knob Creek Range is a going family trip for the bi-annual machinegun shoot.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
At the intersection of 4th street  and Jefferson,   there is a Louisville tourist center.        I think that is on the south east corner of the intersection.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Taco Luchador and order the #15
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks y'all. We got in after 1 Eastern this morning. We'll have a few hours to kick around town after we get our tickets. Definitely will look at some of the sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top