Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 12:47:05 PM EDT
http://www.wave3.com/story/28514032/2-killed-2-injured-as-train-hits-car

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=616_1426435652

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Two Jefferson County students were killed and two more were injured when a train hit a car in Buechel on Saturday afternoon.

The train slammed into the passenger side of the vehicle, killing both people riding on that side. The driver and another passenger, who was sitting behind the driver, are in critical condition at University of Louisville Hospital.

Ben Jackey, a spokesman for Jefferson County Public Schools, said all four were JCPS students.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Stupid hurts and kills.  No excuse for getting hit by a train.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Judging by the speed they were traveling, it looks like they were either completely oblivious to not only the blinking lights and train, but also the train tracks. Or they were trying to beat the train.

There is no arms at the intersection they were hit at. They were pushed about 3/4 of mile, thru the bardstown road crossing and almost underneath Buechel Bypass.

They had the best chance they could have gotten to survive after such an accident, an ambulance and at least 5 different fire districts all had fire trucks clearing a house fire less than a mile from the scene.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What the hell where the guys doing with the cameras?
Also, hell of a thing to upload it to the net.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Trains are literally the hardest thing that moves to get hit by. They go in straight lines and are loud as fuck. I can't imagine a harder thing to be hit by than a fucking train. I can't understand how you can be hit by a fucking train.

Families will sue and make millions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The guys who filmed it are rail buffs. Trust me there was other people filming a lot worse scenes than that at this incident. I happened to be right there afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The guys who filmed it are rail buffs. Trust me there was other people filming a lot worse scenes than that at this incident. I happened to be right there afterwards.
View Quote

Makes makes sense it was a train nut. Bad situation all around.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Trains are literally the hardest thing that moves to get hit by. They go in straight lines and are loud as fuck. I can't imagine a harder thing to be hit by than a fucking train. I can't understand how you can be hit by a fucking train.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did not watch video and not gonna but I can tell you it is surprisingly easy to be hit by a train. This case may differ but I had a close call with a train a long time ago. I used to think it was hard to be hit by a train until then.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Saw something that said the filmers were trainspotters.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did not watch video and not gonna but I can tell you it is surprisingly easy to be hit by a train. This case may differ but I had a close call with a train a long time ago. I used to think it was hard to be hit by a train until then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it a controlled crossing with lights/alarm but no arms? Was the train sounding it's horn as it approached the crossing?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Was it a controlled crossing with lights/alarm but no arms? Was the train sounding it's horn as it approached the crossing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes lights, and bell as well as train sounding horn. All captured in the video.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually watched the video. I was questioning JSG if he was as oblivious to his surroundings as the car in the video.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I am an engineer and used to work that line. It IS pretty hard to get hit by trains yet I've got two fatalities and a s10 pickup.

Simply STOP, LOOK, LISTEN. I do it in my personal vehicle and tell anyone and everyone who will listen to do the same.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top