Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll put you on the list. Right now it's a long list of "Maybes". I'll just update it as I get confirmations or cancels.

Yeah, Anderson's pretty close. I haven't caught any deals around here. I paid $100 for a pair of lowers last summer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been working on the set up. I think I have some workable new scenarios. Some of the simple ones will be recycled. Scrapped a couple ideas due to safety concerns. Modified a couple (and will continue to do so) to make them better, faster reset and more fun.

I'm trying to reinstate a "Jungle lane" that will allow AR use. You haven't shot that before, I don't believe.

Also new is the 8 plate dueling tree. Bring singles. Betting is encouraged.

I'll certainly let you know when we start working on it. Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its hard to plan without a definitive number guys.

How many targets, staple guns, RSOs, relays and stages, how much food, how much beer, etc.

Let me know when you want to start work on the range Joker and I'll come up. I'd say you are under a foot + of snow right now.

I have been working on the set up. I think I have some workable new scenarios. Some of the simple ones will be recycled. Scrapped a couple ideas due to safety concerns. Modified a couple (and will continue to do so) to make them better, faster reset and more fun.

I'm trying to reinstate a "Jungle lane" that will allow AR use. You haven't shot that before, I don't believe.

Also new is the 8 plate dueling tree. Bring singles. Betting is encouraged.

I'll certainly let you know when we start working on it. Thanks.
Hey, keep me posted on any work days you put together.  I'll gladly come down and help out too.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Im not to far away, i will try to make it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Little update: "Jungle Lane" went from maybe to probably today. I visited my steel supplier today. I didn't want my AR500 plasma cut so my buddy in Columbus, Oh is getting my specs to his steel guy who laser cuts. Jungle lane will now be AR .556 capable. There will be at least 12 baddies hidden in the jungle.                                  
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
From 3 years ago. Hope this gets you guys a little jazzed. I am.

The entrance:

In the jungle:

Good hits:

Sheepturd rocking my nine. This year will be rated for .556 (hopefully).:

Monty with his .22lr conversion picks one up to the right across the valley:

On the left! Notice the range to the target! Some were quite well hidden. Plastic was used for the close ones. This year will be longer range due to caliber:

No! The left!:

Monty and Sheepturd exiting the "Lane". It was nearly 100'F that year but at least it was really humid.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From 3 years ago. Hope this gets you guys a little jazzed. I am.

The entrance:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1788.jpg

In the jungle:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1789.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1791.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1792.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1793.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1794.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1824.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1823.jpg

Good hits:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1832.jpg

Sheepturd rocking my nine. This year will be rated for .556 (hopefully).:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/077.jpg
Monty with his .22lr conversion picks one up to the right across the valley:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1830.jpg
On the left! Notice the range to the target! Some were quite well hidden. Plastic was used for the close ones. This year will be longer range due to caliber:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/079.jpg
No! The left!:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1828.jpg

Monty and Sheepturd exiting the "Lane". It was nearly 100'F that year but at least it was really humid.
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/markfhagenauer/jungle%20lane/DSCF1833.jpg
View Quote

That looks like a blast.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm tentatively (pending weather) setting a work day for May 16th. Any local that are willing to help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm tentatively (pending weather) setting a work day for May 16th. Any local that are willing to help will be appreciated.
View Quote

Just post when you know for sure, kind of hard to commit that far out because I don't know what plans the gf will have for me but if available I will.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just post when you know for sure, kind of hard to commit that far out because I don't know what plans the gf will have for me but if available I will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May 16th. If it's pouring rain then no.
Your GF, does she shoot?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your GF, does she shoot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your GF, does she shoot?

Occasionally. She's not as gun crazy as I am, but with enough prodding she'll join me at the range
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I'm done planning and started working. One of the 2 range vehicles is now running. The other is on the charger and remains to be seen.

I've started welding. I just put chains on the new torso and building a stand for the long shot. Bad news guys. This torso is a wee bit smaller than last years.

I dug through the basement and found hundreds of targets.

I've started to work on the new plate rack and decided to do a complete rebuild. I'm tired of the hinges snapping off after repeated hits so I'm making my own out of 7/16" rod and 1/2" schedule 40 tubing.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Put me down as a "I'm gonna try and make it!"

I'll expect a big red arrow in that field pointing at the torso.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Anybody near me a welder? I tried my hand at what I want to do with he plate rack. Not good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anybody near me a welder? I tried my hand at what I want to do with he plate rack. Not good.
View Quote

Are you familiar with TMI in Walton? If you drop it off up here for a few days I'll get one of my guys to weld it up, just show me what you want done.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I am shooting all lanes with .308
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are you familiar with TMI in Walton? If you drop it off up here for a few days I'll get one of my guys to weld it up, just show me what you want done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!  I know right where that is. It'll be spot welded but all I have is a little 110.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am shooting all lanes with .308
View Quote

That's fine for the paper. Bring your .223 for the Jungle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nice!  I know right where that is. It'll be spot welded but all I have is a little 110.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll pm you my number and we'll work out a time for you to drop it off.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#19]
If Miles_Urbanus gets to use .308 I'm going 50bmg in a pistol So is an Uzi with 72 round drum ok for the dueling tree?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone that wants to use mine is welcome to. Just swing by Walmart and pick up some 20mm.

ETA: Uzi. Tree. Yes
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Wait!   You are the guy with the 20mm Anzio canon?  The one with the ... randomly self quick detact muzzle break?   (Reference KY HTF Shoot at KCR about 2 or 3 years ago.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Is body armor required for any of the events/lanes?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wait!   You are the guy with the 20mm Anzio canon?  The one with the ... randomly self quick detact muzzle break?   (Reference KY HTF Shoot at KCR about 2 or 3 years ago.)

Is body armor required for any of the events/lanes?
View Quote

No 20 mm. I was kidding. I meant to go over the top and didn't go far enough.

Body armor not required. None of my targets will be shooting back.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Chamber was leaded. 15000 rounds will do that I guess. It's clean now.

If I recall you got it last year in three with a service piece, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in as of now. Last several years have been great! Will bring the toys again. Just make sure you have that Benelli dialed in for me.

Chamber was leaded. 15000 rounds will do that I guess. It's clean now.

If I recall you got it last year in three with a service piece, no?

What is this reference to a Benelli?  Is that a 22 target pistol or a shotgun?

EDIT :  ANSWERED

Quoted:
No it was with the 22lr Benelli again, but correct on shot count.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I had a blast last year at this event.  Count me in!  I may bring another, but that is TBD at this time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
What are the restroom accommodations to be?

If I am around just guys, that is one thing.    Women folk in the mix adds a whole 'nother dynamic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If I am around just guys, that is one thing.    Women folk in the mix adds a whole 'nother dynamic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://theheartofahomekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/img_8880.jpg

Is that the boys or girls restroom ?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tranny's.
Men use a tree, women can ride back up to the house.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Tranny's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tranny's.

Cool!    I know some trannies in Louisville that like guns.     I will let them know they are welcome.    That is awesome.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Trannies always drink for free at the Joker Compound!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Trannies always drink for free at the Joker Compound!
View Quote

Before I was kinda on the fence, now I'm going for sure.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Will there be a pirate ship course now?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#36]
That brings up a good question.    I think most normal people drink.   Alcohol is the lubricant of society.    The end of May maybe warm.    What will be the rules for alcohol consumption?   There will be camping, shooting, and eating.    So, will there be no restrictions on where and when we consume alcohol?    Or, will there be "soft" guidelines for people.   At most shooting events they seem to have hard restrictions around the competitive areas for the competitors.

I understand any rules may necessitate exceptions/exmptions for drunken trannies of whom may be taken advantage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I believe the OP states alcohol can be consumed after all the shooting is done and firearms have been secured.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I believe the OP states alcohol can be consumed after all the shooting is done and firearms have been secured.
View Quote

Seriously now, that sounds great.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Put me down as a potential. I've got the pistol covered, but I'm not sure my lever-action .22 counts for the rifle stage
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Put me down as a potential. I've got the pistol covered, but I'm not sure my lever-action .22 counts for the rifle stage
View Quote

I'm sure if you buy some ammo someone would be happy to loan you an AR.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Half the fun of having cool toys is watching other folks enjoy them too.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The range has been and will be run safely. There will be several NRA certified instructors/RSOs present. While casual this isn't a no rules hillbilly shoot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Pirates may appear at next years shoot. The tranny shoot is 2017.

Alcohol. The keg is open after all ammo is put away and guns are secure.

I have 9mm pistols, 9mm AR and .223 ARs for anyone that needs a loaner. I'll update soon with a "recommended gear" list as soon as I know exactly what I'm doing this year. (I'm close)

Miles nailed it. We like to have fun and are an easy going crowd but safety will be maintained.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The range has been and will be run safely. There will be several NRA certified instructors/RSOs present. While casual this isn't a no rules hillbilly shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understood most of that, except for the last sentence.   I can't imagine how me being a hillbilly as any impact on the situation.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#45]
It pains me to say this, but for safety, we should encourage all females and female impersonators to wear sensible shoes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I understood most of that, except for the last sentence.   I can't imagine how me being a hillbilly as any impact on the situation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buddy, I live in a double wide with 9 dogs. I gotcher hillbilly right here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It only counts if the dogs sleep in your bed during the winter to help keep you warm.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#48]
All 9. 7 of them under the covers. I'm pretty much single so I can do what I want.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All 9. 7 of them under the covers. I'm pretty much single so I can do what I want.
View Quote

That'll qualify. You ever found oil while rabbit hunting
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Nope. Else I'd be livin' in Bever Lee.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top